Swim vests for toddlers

heartofdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi, we have a trip planned for the beginning of April, and my 21 month old granddaughter will be with us. We were wondering if the pools at the resorts and water parks have swim vests for the little ones to use or should we bring our own for her? Thanks!

if you will be with granddaughter swimming this summer i would look for toddler lifejacket. some public pools require that not water wing type things. we justed one with preschool age grandson last summer at Fort Wilderness.

Disney resorts do have life vests for kids - you can check them out the first day- keep in your room, and return on your last day. they have different sizes. We used them for all 3 of our boys last year at All star Music.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your help. I think the puddlejumpers might be a good idea, since she is so young. Thanks for that advice and link!

Puddle Jumpers are THE BEST - my 3 boys have them at home.... they need to be 30lbs to use, though, one of my boys was about 25lbs the first year he used his and it was OK for him still - but i was always RIGHT there with him anyway.

Since we fly to disney we don't bring our puddle jumpers - we just use the vests at the hotel... my son was about 30lbs on our visit last year and his vest fit fine (he's my smallest)

HulaHoopy said:
I agree with the pudddle jumper suggestion. The vests were too big on my 21month old.

I agree our dd at two yrs old was too small for them. They kept sneaking up on her face. The puddle jumper we got her is great!

Echoing the pp on the puddle jumpers.

The vests at our pool were a bit... constricting for my kids when we used them (they kept them at a weird angle while floating in the water- we ended up staying in the kiddie pool area because of it). The puddle jumpers have you at a better "swimming angle" and my daughter went from wanting me to hold her in the water all the time to swimming around on her own with the puddle jumper in 3 weeks. They also don't weigh a lot- I'm packing ours in our carry on this year.

Have to echo the puddlejumper sentiment. Those are awesome and do a great job!

Puddle Jumpers all the way!!! I have a 2 YO and she loooves hers! She tried one at the YMCA and we eventually bought her her own :)

I would also get a puddlejumper, we took one with us for my DD for our trip last year. She was 21 months at the time. The vests at the resort were too big for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter