Swim vest or no swim vest

toesnthesand

Mouseketeer
Yes, I am at work and mentally packing for my 3 day Wonder cruise in May. I like to plan ahead.

I'm wondering if it's necessary to buy and pack my DS (6) a life vest. He's always swam in pools wearing one of those vest that zip up the front and have floation all around. I remember taking it Blizzard Beach a couple of years ago and he never needed it due to the types of things he was doing. We did use it at the hotel pool of course.

For those of you with non-swimming kids do you pack one for the water areas on the boat and for playing in at CC?

Yes! When my DD was a non-swimmer we brought her vest. If you don't have room in your luggage you could try the inflatable floaties.

Have fun!

UMTerp

I'd save the space in your luggage. My dd 7 was fine in the Mickey pool. It's only about 2 feet deep. They have them at Castaway Cay by were you snorkel.

I agree that your 6 yo wont need it in the Mickey Pool. 18 inches of water doesn't bother most kids that age. I wouldn't let a child who couldn't swim in the Goofy pool due to the fact that it can get crazy in there with unsupervised kids jumping in.

Thanks guys....that's kind of what I was looking for. Hated to pack such a big bulky item if it's not needed.

Do any of you know the type of floation vests that they have at CC? I'm have a picture in my old of those old style orange ones that go around the back of the neck with straps that dad used to make me where on the boat.

The ones at CC are yellow & blow up. They require you to wear them if you snorkle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter