• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has already told me the exact colors he wants his droid. I told him they might be sold out of some colors, so I might have to wing it.

My husband and I will be there on the 21st from 5-9. We've got Oga's and I'm hoping for a Trader Sam's like experience. We're flying in from Boston that afternoon, so basically we're landing, ME-ing it to POP! to drop our bags, and then immediately hitting HS! I'm so excited!!

I told DD8 that droid building may not be available and/or we may not have enough time for that as well as all of the other things we want to do. We are at WDW for 2 weeks so we may brave the opening weekend crowds to go back to do the droid. We shall see!
Same here....but we will for sure be going on opening day too. It's just such a relief that we will be able to make the preview first. I'll be happy to get anything done because it takes the pressure off of that first week for us. I am anticipating crazy crowds on opening day and weekend but still plan to do the EEMH on Sunday because I'm hoping the crowds on sunday will be less than on the previous thurs/friday.
My son has already told me the exact colors he wants his droid. I told him they might be sold out of some colors, so I might have to wing it.
Oh gosh, i hope they aren't sold out of colors during the previews! I'm really having a hard time figuring out our priorities for the previews. Clearly it'll be MFSR and Oga's but it would be nice to build the droid as well. We shall see!

If you are in the Aug 17 1-5 pm group and weren't added to the group chat please message me!

@Dis4Life10 I couldn't add you because you don't have enough posts to PM. Once you get to 10 let me know!

What cheaper off site hotels do you all recommend? We are only going to be there for one night and don't want to spend an address
If you are in the Aug 17 1-5 pm group and weren't added to the group chat please message me!

@Dis4Life10 I couldn't add you because you don't have enough posts to PM. Once you get to 10 let me know!
Does this count? 🤔

Apparently I need 3 more now 🤔
Ha ha, well I guess I can fix my other posting as a post! I had a message written out and then deleted it but apparently it didn't delete it so, anyway, any recommendations for cheap off site hotels would be great!

Delta was amazing and waived the $200/ticket change fee but we did still have to pay $79/ticket due to a more expensive flight.
Any tips on how you made that happen? I have never gotten them to waive that change fee.

Also interested in planning strategies if anyone has insight. This is probably going to be more for the adults in our group and I would like to make it exciting for the kids. I plan on showing up with two kindergarteners who will bound out of bed for a Slinky Dog FP (which I dream of getting), but not to stand in line for an unknown ride. Sunday is EMH, so I am hoping to hit TSM before needing to be in line for SWGE. I do not think we will wait in the line for SDD as it has generally been over an hour and I am not sure they can wait that long. So do we try to hit MFSR immediately or give it half an hour in hope of minimizing the whining for an undetermined but probably longer than 45 minute wait? There will also probably be whining about standing room in Olga's, so I am hopeful there will be some kid approved treats to distract them for at least a few minutes. Are there any thoughts based on previous openings as to merch availability in the land? I do not want to drop the money for a droid or saber, but I would buy them something to make it fun for them, too.

Any tips on how you made that happen? I have never gotten them to waive that change fee.

Twitter! I sent them a public tweet telling them about the amazing opportunity I had and asking if they could help push my flight back. I didn’t ask for fees to be waived or anything just if they could help. They responded and asked me to PM my info and in the PM that’s where they offered to do this 1x as a courtesy. Just had to pay the fare difference.

Twitter! I sent them a public tweet telling them about the amazing opportunity I had and asking if they could help push my flight back. I didn’t ask for fees to be waived or anything just if they could help. They responded and asked me to PM my info and in the PM that’s where they offered to do this 1x as a courtesy. Just had to pay the fare difference.
That is awesome they did that. We hadn't booked yet so no changes to be done for flights, just gotta alter the room dates.
But I gotta wonder, cause I'm just too curious here, why tweet asking them for help to change your flight vs just going on the app or website and doing it?

That is awesome they did that. We hadn't booked yet so no changes to be done for flights, just gotta alter the room dates.
But I gotta wonder, cause I'm just too curious here, why tweet asking them for help to change your flight vs just going on the app or website and doing it?

In hopes of them doing exactly what they did :) I’ve read of others having much better luck asking on Twitter so I figured why not. And honestly they were so much faster than calling in (hard to believe I know!). I think it’s a separate dedicated customer care and also PR team.

In hopes of them doing exactly what they did :) I’ve read of others having much better luck asking on Twitter so I figured why not. And honestly they were so much faster than calling in (hard to believe I know!). I think it’s a separate dedicated customer care and also PR team.
Great to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter