SWF Newburg NY Airport ????

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Next Oct is a long way off but planning is part of the fun, sooo..

I'm seriously looking into SWF with JetBlue next time around and I'd like some advice.

1. Are there any Sleep 'n Fly hotels/motels nearby?

2. What's the fee for the self parking?

3. Is this a less hectic airport as opposed to EWR, PHL or MCO?

Thanks in advice for any info offered.

Bill From PA

It's a great little airport! I've seen bigger strip malls. The long term parking is $60 a week. When you go through security you come out by the the gates there is only 2 gates. I was disappointed when airtran left they had great rates. I'm not sure about hotels we are about an hr away so we didn't need one, there is a list of hotels on the airport website, we havn't flown out of there in a few yrs but I did check the website for parking cost so that is up to date. It is the first airport I check rates for flying to MCO very low stress, we hate flying out of Newark but will for a good fare! Linda

There is a Homewood Suites less than a mile from the terminal, stayed there several years ago the night before an early morning flight, it's a nice place, can't remember what I paid for the night. I don't think it's a sleep and fly hotel. I remember we moved our car to the long term lot, which was also very close to the terminal at that time and within walking distance.
I know Jetblue still flies out of there to Orlando.
It's a very small airport.

:wave2:

I can't address too many of your questions, but we would use SWF in a heartbeat if the Jet Blue times and prices worked for us. SWF (as described above) is much quieter than EWR, PHL, or MCO. It is kind of similar to AVP.

I sent DD and her bf to Disney last month and really wanted to use SWF as it is easily commutable for us - about an hour away. But the prices and times were so much better at EWR, that we chose to send them out of Newark. But if the prices and times work for you, go for it. Should be a real easy drive for you right out 84. And Jet Blue is still my favorite airline. DH and I just came back from Key West flying United out of EWR. Ugh, they can't hold a candle to Jet Blue.

Thanks for the replies. We did save a few bucks by going out of EWR the last 2 times but it will be SWF next Oct. Getting in and out of Newark at the times we need to is not worth the $60 we'd save and a small airport like our AVP is a bonus.

Bill From PA

No first hand experience, but I do know someone who used Sleep N Fly at the Ramada Inn near SWF last spring, and it worked well for her! She said she felt safe leaving her car there and the airport was definitely less crazy than some of the larger ones around.

Not sure how much farther HPN might be for you but we really like that airport as well. Nice and small and direct shot to MCO, I think more flights per day as well. This is on JetBlue as well.

Flying out from Newburgh on Jet Blue is great..airport is small, several motels nearby, and you can't beat flying on Jet Blue..Newburgh is always our first choice to fly out of. No problems with parking either, we used the long term lot, cost $60, and never had any problems parking there. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter