• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sweet Tomatoes - Yum!

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
We're back from our NJ week visit. I just posted a list of where we ate and what we spent on food, but I just had to post a seperate review of Sweet Tomatoes. I learned about this place here on the boards and I'm so glad I did (my family was glad too).

Sweet Tomatoes is located on International Drive near Belz Factory Outlets. This is an all-you-can-eat salad bar buffet but it has so much more than plain old salad.

When you enter, there is a long 2-sided buffet (both sides are the same). That has all the cold stuff - standard salad fixings as well as a variety of prepared salads. They had a won ton chicken salad that was incredible.

At the end of that line, you pay for your meal. Adults are $6.99. Kids are $4.49. Seniors are $6.29. It is a tremendously good deal for the volume and quality of food.

In addition to the cold buffet, there is a whole seperate section with several homemade soups - the Irish Leek Potato soup was wonderful. There are hot, fresh baked breads including corn bread and pizza bread (a meal in itself). Finally in the main course department is a hot pasta bar where a chef is freshly preparing several different pasta entrees.

And, of course, there is dessert. There is soft-serve ice cream and toppings, fruit, jello, pudding and cake.

Everything was absolutely wonderful, fresh as can be and not at all mass produced tasting if that makes sense. It is definitely worth a trip offsite to have a meal there during your next trip.

Steve

I love love Sweet Tomatoes as well!

It is a wonderful restaurant, and the selections are wonderful. The hot area is fabulous... and I like the wholesome deserts!

I really enjoyed our visits there as well.

Another Sweet Tomatoes lover ::yes:: Mom and I found it a few years ago. My boss and his wife eat at the one in Ft Myers whenever they go to their condo.

We have them locally - their blueberry muffins are to die for!

Ours always has a chili in the soup section (like at least 6 different awesome homemade soups) and baked potatoes over there - as well as all the fixings (bacon bits, sour cream, cheese, salsa, so on and so forth).

In the breads, the pizza bread is okay - sometimes they burn the garlic powder and it gets bitter...but the cornbread with honeybutter is divine - as are the blueberry muffins! YUM!!!! I can eat at least 6 blueberry muffins in one trip! LOL

The pastas have never really been appetizing to me - but with the enormous salad bar and fixings (plus premade salads - sometimes an asian chicken salad, sometimes ceasar, sometimes with dried fruit and walnuts)...and chili, and a baked potato, and breads - it's MORE than filling!!! Be prepared to sleep afterward! LOL this is no "light fare" salad bar! :)

I go to the one by my work a lot. I have a funny story about it too. Well it isn't so much funny as it is rude.
My boss and I were eating there and we wanted a to go cup to fill with soda..we have done it many times...and the lady said they don't do that. So my boss said we have always goteen one before and the girl stormed off and when she came back with the cups she threw them on the table and walked off. My boss went up to fill them and the girl came back and got in her face telling her she could have at least said thank you for the cups. My boss said she did say thank you but the girl kept on going with it. My boss finally said don't mess with me. Well this got the girl all mad and she went and got the manager and her and the manager got in my bosses face about her threatning the worker.

I thought it was the funniest thing....

I love the food there, just wanted to share one of my expeirences with you all

Where is it located? Do they have a home page? Thanks!

Sounds like a place we need to give a try.Thanks for the review and information on location.::yes:: :wave2:

Steve ~

I'm sorry we missed it on our recent trip ~ It sounds fab.

We love this place! We happened upon it last Feb. when we were just craving veggies. LOL funny how vacation will do that to you.

Thank you for the directions and link!

Whenever you come to Orlando, pick up a Sunday Orlando Sentinel...it has a lot of Sweet Tomatoes coupons a few times a year.

I eat there quite often...I LOVE the chili! :):hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter