• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWEET TEA... where to get it at WDW

j-me

Mouseketeer
Sorta have a thing for Sweet Tea...
Wondering where at WDW will I find it? Sure you can add sugar packs to regular tea...but the south is known for the real stuff..

Florida is geographically "south" but not very southern. Since there are so many tourists and northern transplants in Florida, few restaurants will offer sweet tea - those unaccustomed to it often don't like it. It's too sweet for the average tastebuds. :upsidedow

My DH loves sweet tea, but he has yet to find ANY form of tea anywhere in Disney that he finds acceptable. That is bad considering he will even drink it unsweetened! :eek: We are from Alabama...and it's definitely not the sweet tea we are accustomed to. Maybe it has something to do with the water?? I can't drink the water in Disney either...unless its bottled water.

Florida is geographically "south" but not very southern. Since there are so many tourists and northern transplants in Florida, few restaurants will offer sweet tea - those unaccustomed to it often don't like it. It's too sweet for the average tastebuds. :upsidedow

DH is originally from FL and he'll be the first to tell you that FL might be in the south but it certainly is not southern. He instinctively tries to order sweet tea everywhere we go but he was totally unsuccessful at Disney. He did find a tea machine at our resort (I think) but even out of the 4 teas it offered, none were sweet.

We love sweet tea and searched high and low during our last two visits to Disney. We ended up settling for something called Gold Peak Tea in the resorts. It is a big thermus thing that has a couple different options and one is black tea that is sweetened.

Sweetened tea is not sweet tea but it is as close as we could find. :thumbsup2

I didn't even know that people drank UNsweetened tea until I went to college! :lmao:

I didn't even know that people drank UNsweetened tea until I went to college! :lmao:

My DH will...he prefers sweet, but like if we're at a restaurant and the waiter brings by unsweetened tea, he will gladly take it if he needs a refill. Not me! Yuck! Unsweetened tea is :sick: LOL!

You can use the room coffee pot to brew tea. Just put your tea bags in the filter section, put sugar in the pot and as the hot tea pours in it will dissolve the sugar and voila sweet tea. Unfortunately I don't know how much sugar you would need (maybe 1/2 cup for that size pot of tea). But you could give it a try.:thumbsup2

The McD's in DTD is now closed, I think - aren't they putting in a Pollo Campero?

Really? It was there 6 months ago.

We also take a trip to Chick-Fil-A for sweet tea and lemonade.

I don't drink soda. Hate putting sugar into iced tea; it's just not the same. I appreciate the thread b/c I had no idea sweet tea was available in WDW.

No sweet tea is the only thing I'm not looking forward to when we go. I haven't mentioned it to DH but he will not be happy when he has to drink Coke with his steak...:scared1:...All we drink with a meal is sweet tea.

Stacy

Just got home from a week at the Pop and they had it there...at the pop/soda stations!!!
Drank it all week!:lmao:
Also Mickey D's......the one by the All Star Resorts!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter