Sweet Pizza Recipe - I've got it !!

traycie2201

FUBAR'S BABE
Hello All, well i know that a lot of people want this so here it is direct from dcl customer services. Can't wait to try it.
Enjoy

Sweet Pizza
Ingredients

3 cups Plain Flour
½ Tbsp Yeast
1 Tbsp Salt
½ cup Olive oil
1 ¾ cup water
¾ cup Sugar
2 Mango (thinly sliced with the skin on)
1 Vanilla pod
2 cups Raspberries
1 cup Blueberries
8 Tbsp Toasted Almonds
1 cup Mascarpone cheese
8 Tbsp Mint (shredded and ready to use)

Method of Preparation

1. Sieve the flour, place in a mixing bowl, add the dried yeast and salt, make a well in the center
and gradually mix in the oil and ¼ cup of water, mix until a smooth dough has been formed. Let rest
for 3 hrs.
2. Add ½ cup of water to a pot, add ½ cup of sugar, boil together to make syrup. When syrup is ready
and hot dip the mango in for 2-3 seconds to blanche.
3. Split the vanilla pod and extract the seeds, add to the syrup. Allow to cool slightly, when cool
mix in 1/3 cup of olive oil.
4. Add 2 cup of raspberries to small pot, add ¼ cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, boil together for 2
minutes, liquidize the mix and then strain in a fine strainer. Set aside to cool.
5. When the dough has been rested cut into 8 even sized pieces, roll into a ball and allow to rise
in a warm place until the mix has doubled in size-when doubled in size knock the mixture back, on a
lightly floured surface roll the dough into a even sized round pizza shape. Mark the dough all over
with a fork and place onto an oven tray or pizza ring.
6. Brush some of the cooled raspberry sauce over the pizza dough, arrange 3 slices of mango on top
of the pizza, coat some of the berries with the syrup and sprinkle over the pizza, bake in oven at
350 f for 4 minutes.
7. Take the pizza from the oven, sprinkle the toasted almonds on top of the pizza. Spread the
mascarpone cheese around the top of the pizza, sprinkle with the shredded mint leaves. Cut into four
even sized pieces and drizzle with the olive oil syrup, place onto the center of a plate.

We look forward to the chance to sail with you.

Sincerely,

Tracey, Guest Communications
Disney Cruise Line
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My pleasure. if anyone gets round to making it before i attempt it let me know how it turns out.:Pinkbounc

Thank you so much. I left my copy in my room and it's been on my mind since we got home..

Am off to supermarket today to get ingredients, i'm sure it will taste better at Palo's but it will keep me going until october :earsgirl:

Thanks for posting this...I am so glad that the search function works!!!

Does Palo have a pizza oven? About 4 minutes in a pizza oven seems right, but the crust won't be finished at 4 minutes in a regular oven. I'm going to try it this weekend at 450 degrees with a pizza stone and see what I get.

Well spotted, i have no idea, let me know how your's turns out i haven't got round to trying it out yet :bounce:

Originally posted by 1stNoel
Does Palo have a pizza oven? About 4 minutes in a pizza oven seems right, but the crust won't be finished at 4 minutes in a regular oven. I'm going to try it this weekend at 450 degrees with a pizza stone and see what I get.

Maybe that's at "sea" level..........hee hee hee! Couldn't resist!!!

;-) Kelli

So far I have made the dough and the directions call for 1/4 cup of water. You will need at least 3/4, just add slowly until dough comes together. I will keep you posted on the rest. Make sure the water is at about 105 because otherwise you will kill the yeast if it is to hot or to cold..

susan

Ok here are the changes that need to be made to the recipe:

I think the recipe meant to say add a 1/4 cup of water at a time to the dough till it comes together 1/4 of a cup just doesn't do it.

I would bake the crust first to get the crisp crust at palos. The raspberry sauce prevents it from browning it stays to wet. This might be what they meant about the 4 minute cooking time. I cooked @ 450 my father suggested cooking it on the grill and you would be able to reach the high temps that there ovens get ( I am going to try that next time.)

I also added strawberries to the fruit on top (I used frozen they were fine).

It came out really good but if you are only making one I 1/2 the recipe for the sauces and still had plenty for two more pizza's. The raspberry sauce can be frozen.

It came out really good and was a big hit.,,,

susan

Thanks Susan , glad it turned out nice, could you pm me with exactly how you made it so i can give it a go, i posted disneys recipe that they mailed me but as you mentioned they may have proper pizza ovens. ps i've never tasted the palos pizza so have nothing to compare it against, roll on october.

Thanks

Traycie

I made it! Two thumbs up.

I proofed the yeast for 15 minutes in 1/2 cup warm water, but I used 1 tsp. sugar instead of salt for the proof. I added another 1/2 cup of water to the flour and salt to form the dough. How much water will vary depending on the flour you use, just take it slow.

The oven has to be really hot. Hot enough to crisp the crust and slightly caramelize the raspberry sauce. The first one I made on a pizza stone at 450 was somewhat soft. I increased the oven to 500 and let it heat an hour before the next try. It was about 10 minutes on a pizza stone at 500. As Susan suggested, you could probably get it to work by prebaking the crust at 350-400 then adding the sauce and fruit for a short higher temp bake. I would prebake on a pan and second bake directly on the rack.

I also have a ton of sauce left. It's really, really good though. Definitely a carb overload.

Noel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter