Sweet 16 Party

Discussion in 'Teen Disney' started by dragonfly75, Jan 6, 2006.

1. dragonfly75

dragonfly75 DIS Veteran

So, my sweet sixteen is coming up soon, and I neeeeeed party ideas! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a large(ish) party (probably about 30 people) and I already have a location. My dad's friend owns this "hang-out" type place and its got a projection screen and foosball and a bunch of stuff like that. Anyways, what I need help on is the theme! So if you have any ideas, they would be greatly appriciated. :flower:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. U Just Got PUNKD

U Just Got PUNKD Like roses we bloom, then die

how about a costom party were everyone dress up realllly weird... lol that probally doesnt help but..

4. PrincessJana

PrincessJana Earning My Ears

5. 2HOT2touch

2HOT2touch The finishline is only the begining of a whole new

well at the place that you are having it at has a dance floor. you could just have a dance party. and since there is a projection screen then you can hook up a computer to a projector and put on iTunes and play the music you want but there is also an option for iTunes to have like designs going with the music on the compuer. so if you set up a play list just conect the computer to the projector and some speakers and put the designs option on and turn off the lights and maybe even hang some christmas lights up around the "hang-out" and just have people dance. that would be fun.

6. DollfieDreams

DollfieDreams <font color=navy>...thinks riku is sexy<font color

i like the costume party idea too ^^ and the "sweet" thing is really cute. you can say that a "dress code" is required and have everyone where something "candyish" like bright colors..or striped white and red like peppermints or..something. you could use princesses as a theme...or disney in general. ...what types of things are you into?

7. dragonfly75

dragonfly75 DIS Veteran

Old movies, Dance, Singing, Books, History (and all that old timey stuff ;) ) ummmm.... I'll post more if I think of it.

8. Daisymae26

Daisymae26 <font color=green>I am shopping and comparing befo

You could have a theme for your party like "Vintage Movie Star" or something and so a good old movie...it's just a suggestion.

Or (this is cliche) but since you like dancing, how about having a DDR contest?

Karaoke is always fun!

I'll try to think of more suggestions! Hope this helps. :)

9. oOcarribeandreamsOo

oOcarribeandreamsOo Seniors 07' Woot! Woot!

you can do an "old hollywood" or "1920's" theme party

10. Daisymae26

Thanks, that's what I was trying to say, but it didn't come out right! :rotfl:

11. dragonfly75

dragonfly75 DIS Veteran

haha, I think the old hollywood thing sounds kind of fun, like show old movies and dress up and stuff.... hrmmmm any other ideas or additions to the old hollywood thing are welcome :)

12. DollfieDreams

a red carpet? XD you can give away "oscars" to like.."most creative" "most in character" etc. to people. you can get the fake oscars at party stores.

the history idea is really cool. pick a favorite time in history you like and declare that a theme.

13. Dancew/me11 20

Dancew/me11 20 F.R.O.G

hi cool pics :)

14. Daisymae26

Wow, that's an really cool idea!

15. dragonfly75

dragonfly75 DIS Veteran

LOVE the red carpet idea :rotfl:

16. Dancinbelle21

Dancinbelle21 Dancing Princess

We just had MY sweet 16 party in November. We told all my friends to dress up almost prom-like and come ready to dance, not thinking that they would get real into it. I was totally wrong! They got SO excited about getting all dressed up and spending the night dancing, doing Kareoke and just hanging together. Also, no matter what you decide to do a great idea is to do some pre-party hanging out with your best friends. My closest 8 friends or so, came over early and we spent the day hanging out on the beach. Then we all went inside and got ready for the "big party" together. It was so much fun. Oooh oooh and don't forget to buy yourself a really nice tiara to wear. Just to make sure your friends know who the princess-for-the-day is. Good luck on your party!! :flower1:

17. DollfieDreams

whatever you do, take pictures and show usssss!! i mean, if you wanted to get real into it and have stuff to look at when youre 72, you can convince a parent/older sibling/someone darn good and willing... to take a videocamera and a "microphone" onto your red carpet and make it look like a huge film premier and ask them questions like "oh my goodness! doesnt so-and-so look absolutley stunning in that wal-mart original!"

18. dragonfly75

dragonfly75 DIS Veteran

:rotfl: