Sweet 16 Party

dragonfly75

DIS Veteran
So, my sweet sixteen is coming up soon, and I neeeeeed party ideas! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a large(ish) party (probably about 30 people) and I already have a location. My dad's friend owns this "hang-out" type place and its got a projection screen and foosball and a bunch of stuff like that. Anyways, what I need help on is the theme! So if you have any ideas, they would be greatly appriciated. :flower:

how about a costom party were everyone dress up realllly weird... lol that probally doesnt help but..

well at the place that you are having it at has a dance floor. you could just have a dance party. and since there is a projection screen then you can hook up a computer to a projector and put on iTunes and play the music you want but there is also an option for iTunes to have like designs going with the music on the compuer. so if you set up a play list just conect the computer to the projector and some speakers and put the designs option on and turn off the lights and maybe even hang some christmas lights up around the "hang-out" and just have people dance. that would be fun.

i like the costume party idea too ^^ and the "sweet" thing is really cute. you can say that a "dress code" is required and have everyone where something "candyish" like bright colors..or striped white and red like peppermints or..something. you could use princesses as a theme...or disney in general. ...what types of things are you into?

DollfieDreams said:
...what types of things are you into?

Old movies, Dance, Singing, Books, History (and all that old timey stuff ;) ) ummmm.... I'll post more if I think of it.

You could have a theme for your party like "Vintage Movie Star" or something and so a good old movie...it's just a suggestion.

Or (this is cliche) but since you like dancing, how about having a DDR contest?

Karaoke is always fun!

I'll try to think of more suggestions! Hope this helps. :)

oOcarribeandreamsOo said:
you can do an "old hollywood" or "1920's" theme party

Thanks, that's what I was trying to say, but it didn't come out right! :rotfl:

haha, I think the old hollywood thing sounds kind of fun, like show old movies and dress up and stuff.... hrmmmm any other ideas or additions to the old hollywood thing are welcome :)

a red carpet? XD you can give away "oscars" to like.."most creative" "most in character" etc. to people. you can get the fake oscars at party stores.

the history idea is really cool. pick a favorite time in history you like and declare that a theme.

DollfieDreams said:
a red carpet? XD you can give away "oscars" to like.."most creative" "most in character" etc. to people. you can get the fake oscars at party stores.

the history idea is really cool. pick a favorite time in history you like and declare that a theme.

Wow, that's an really cool idea!

We just had MY sweet 16 party in November. We told all my friends to dress up almost prom-like and come ready to dance, not thinking that they would get real into it. I was totally wrong! They got SO excited about getting all dressed up and spending the night dancing, doing Kareoke and just hanging together. Also, no matter what you decide to do a great idea is to do some pre-party hanging out with your best friends. My closest 8 friends or so, came over early and we spent the day hanging out on the beach. Then we all went inside and got ready for the "big party" together. It was so much fun. Oooh oooh and don't forget to buy yourself a really nice tiara to wear. Just to make sure your friends know who the princess-for-the-day is. Good luck on your party!! :flower1:

whatever you do, take pictures and show usssss!! i mean, if you wanted to get real into it and have stuff to look at when youre 72, you can convince a parent/older sibling/someone darn good and willing... to take a videocamera and a "microphone" onto your red carpet and make it look like a huge film premier and ask them questions like "oh my goodness! doesnt so-and-so look absolutley stunning in that wal-mart original!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter