Sweet 16 celebrated with Mickey & Pals-9 days of TiW dining: Completed 6/14

I'm subbing :thumbsup2 You got me in when you started at my fave QS :worship:

Now, I'm off to find your previous reports.

Very excited to read the rest of your reviews! :thumbsup2

I love that you have your traditional 'first day' meal at Cosmic Rays - it's usually CHH for us. That chicken did look yummy though!

Oh good! Another dining review! :cool1: I just love reading about your mother/daughter adventures!

Y'all look like sisters!!!

We like the chicken at Cosmic Ray's also! Looking forward to the rest.:goodvibes

I'm definitely signing in for this one. Lots of wonderful restaurants.

I can't wait until I can do a girls only trip with my DD (but she's only 4, so we have a while before that!). My DH is like yours - more into outdoors stuff (skiing, running), whereas I'm also more deluxe hotels and dining.

Awwww... enjoy your time with DD. Times goes so fast! (My oldest celebrated his 29th bday this month and I swear that CAN'T be!)

We have a few things in common! :)

Great line up ... we are eating at many of the same places in August!

We are going as a family this year but planning a 2nd Mom & Son trip next year before DS graduates HS and goes off to college. It will definitely be a bittersweet trip for me! :(

We will be back in August too! Hmmmm... look out for a crazy red-head with a camera at the restaurants! :laughing:

Seriously, I completely understand the time with kids while they are still around to spend time with mom. Enjoy those moments with your son, that is so cool that you are doing your mom/son trip.

Great start :goodvibes
We nearly always visit Cosmic Rays - we love a good toppings bar!
One day I'll have something there so I can try the toppings bar. BTW: I've read your amazing reviews and you have visited so many more restaurants than I may ever visit! :love:

Looking forward to hearing your reviews again!!!

Thank you! Glad to share!

We love Cosmic Rays too and can hardly wait for our trip in a few weeks...
thanks for taking the time to do this and looking forward to your photos and reviews..

Thanks again

How exciting for you - only a few weeks to go!!! :banana: There are so many fans of Cosmic Rays - they must be doing something good! :woohoo:

And you are welcome... hey, I figure if I eat it I can write about it! ;)

Great start. Have never tried Cosmic Rays as we are always drawn back to our favourite, Columbia Harbiour House, when at MK. The food does look delicious though.

Thanks Wilma-bride. I really want to try Columbia Harbor House... the shrimp basket looks wonderful. Maybe one day....

Subscribing - we've always ruled out cosmic Rays but having seen that chicken we might just change our mind

Try it - you will love it!! There are really some other great looking items on the menu too. Thanks for reading along. :goodvibes

YAY! Another DR from emmysmommy! Can't wait to read the rest!

Awwww thank you! For you, more to come!! :cool1:

I've read up on a few of your other dining reports and they have been fantastic! Looking forward to this one as well:goodvibes

Thank you for joining in and being a repeat reader! I'll try to live up to your expectations! :laughing:

Which on is the mom and which one of you is the kid??? You two are like twins! Great line up Brenda, cannot wait to hear all about it so I can make changes to my reservations!

MickeyNicki - You are an ICON around here and you are reading my review - I am humbled!! :worship: Thanks for the compliment - keep them coming! ;);)Just so you know...I screen my photos and won't post any that are too close up, I don't want scare anyone away. :laughing:

I'm subbing :thumbsup2 You got me in when you started at my fave QS :worship:

Now, I'm off to find your previous reports.

Thanks Pinkgirl! Hopefully more good ones to follow. :wizard:

Very excited to read the rest of your reviews! :thumbsup2

I love that you have your traditional 'first day' meal at Cosmic Rays - it's usually CHH for us. That chicken did look yummy though!

Mamaboogie I love your user name! You are another CHH fan - one day I will have to try their food. I hear that upstairs can be a nice quiet place to dine. Thanks for reading along.

Oh good! Another dining review! :cool1: I just love reading about your mother/daughter adventures!

Why thank you! :goodvibes My mother daughter time is so valuable and I love that we have a special place to go together!

Y'all look like sisters!!!

We like the chicken at Cosmic Ray's also! Looking forward to the rest.:goodvibes

Thanks Tiger Kat!! You are another icon around these parts! Thanks for joining!

Joining in! We love Cosmic Rays, can't wait to read about the rest. :goodvibes

Lucky you! More to follow. :laughing: Thanks for reading along.

Just a quick snack interlude....

Although we didn't get dessert at Cosmic Rays, they had the exact same carrot cake and chocolate cake in the refrigerator case at Contempo Cafe.

Here's a photo:
DSC07698.jpg

Price list of items at Contempo Cafe:
DSC08854.jpg

The carrot cake was my choice. I have to say that I liked it but the frosting was a bit gritty from the sugar. Not a great consistency but paired with the cake - it worked for me! :)

Em has ordered the chocolate cake in the past and loves it enough to keep coming back and ordering it time and time again. I've never tried it so I can't comment.

Next up: A real meal to review. :yay:

No big surprise here that Kona Cafe is another favorite of ours and has now become a tradition for our first breakfast at WDW. (Pretty soon my dining reviews will be - see prior review, we did the same thing!)

DSC07751.jpg

We left BLT and took the monorail to the Poly for our 8:15am ADR.

DSC07749.jpg

When we arrived we were met with a short line that told us this definitely was a peak travel time since we normally don't see any lines for our breakfast ADRs around this time. However, we were seated after only a brief wait which was ever so nice since we got to enjoy the lovely lobby of the Poly.

DSC07750.jpg

DSC07787.jpg

Our server was Theresa, from the Dominican Republic. She was awesome! We didn’t need to look at a menu to know what we wanted. Theresa took one look at us and said, “I bet you want the tonga toast?” She had amazing perception! How did she know? Actually, tonga toast is Em’s favorite, not mine. I’m just not a big fan of sourdough stuffed with sweet bananas that is fried and rolled in sugar. No hate mail please! My go-to breakfast is the pineapple macadamia pancakes. I requested scrambled eggs as a substitute for breakfast meat which wasn’t a problem.

DSC07765.jpg

Breakfast condiments:
DSC07763.jpg

Pineapple Macadamia Nut pancakes - aka "a taste of heaven"
DSC07768.jpg

In the past, I must have plowed through my pancakes so quickly that I never noticed nuts actually IN the pancakes. I thought they were just in the butter. This time they were predominant in the pancakes and were good. They tasted perhaps a bit over-toasted but hey, I ate until I was so stuffed that if we hadn’t been in public I would have popped the top button on my pants so I could breathe easier! Oh, and the scrambled eggs were nice and moist - not too runny and not too dry – just perfect.

As always, Em loved the tonga toast – with the strawberry sauce – thank you very much!

Tonga Toast pre-strawberry sauce:
DSC07766.jpg

Tonga Toast pretty in pink:
DSC07770.jpg

Theresa obliged me by taking a few photos of us. She was very attentive and kind. That was ultimately demonstrated when she had a couple of flaming cupcakes brought out for Em’s birthday AND a Shirley temple!! Em had never had a Shirley Temple before. We took some more photos including one with Theresa and the server dude who helped bring out the cupcakes.

DSC07776.jpg

DSC07780.jpg

DSC07775.jpg

Once again, this was the BEST way to start our day - period! The bill was $29.38 including the $5.69 Tables in Wonderland 20% discount. I added an additional gratuity for Theresa.

This restaurant definitely continues to deliver consistently good food and service and we look forward to returning next time.

DSC07786.jpg

DSC07764.jpg

Wow my stomach is growling readying your Kona breakfast reviews, looks great girls :thumbsup2

Pineapple Macadamia Nut pancakes - aka "a taste of heaven"
DSC07768.jpg

I too am a big fan of Kona's pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. YUM!!! They are definitely "a taste of heaven". :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, my DDs aren't really breakfast eaters but I hope to get them to three breakfasts during our 10 day trip next month. Kona Cafe is at the top of the list along with two new ones for us, Wolfgang Puck Express (at DTD) and Kouzzina. I see you went to Kouzzina for breakfast later in your trip, so am really looking forward to that review.

Your breakfast just got me so hungry. I had wanted to try Kona on my last visit but unfortunately we wound up cancelling it. It will definitely be a must do on our next trip.

We are new Kona fans.:goodvibes Our past experiences had been dinners and weren't good ones. This last trip we went for breakfast and I discovered my newest WDW addiction...The Samoan breakfast is insanely good, especially when paired with a Wasabi Mary!

Hi! So glad you're doing another set of reviews!

I love Kona for breakfast too! Though I've only managed to get there once for it.

My DD and I went to Kona during our trip in January and we had the same things that you did! My DD loved the tonga toast, me...not as much as the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes! I learned here on the board that if you order the Big Kahuna you will get regular pancakes with the pineapple on top but you can only get the macadamia nut pancake batter if you actually order the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes. Good to know because I love them! I've also had wonderful service all of the times I've been there. I think that Kona breakfast might have to be our new tradition too. :)

We love Kona, both for breakfast (Tonga Toast) and dinner (Teriyaki Steak) :thumbsup2

Joining in! Kona is my absolute fav breakfast! I really love the Tonga Toast, but I think you may have just swayed me into trying those pancakes. They look amazing!

Great reviews and pics so far! Looking forward to reading more about your trip :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter