Sweatshirt in September

mtry

Earning My Ears
On the side of caution, should I pack 1 sweatshirt each for ds11 ds12 and myself for Sept 21 -Oct ? I am packing only 1 pair of pants for each of us for this 10 day stay. The rest is shorts and t shirts. Our 1st time:hourglass I am really trying to pack light but could we need one? Also I've been watching the 10 day weather forecast and it calls for scattered thunderstorms and isolated thunderstorms. Is this just the hour downpour that I hear, that Florida gets or has it been very rainy? This is also why I am thinking of packing sweatshirts. We were in Orlando in March and one morning around we totally needed them. Thanks for your input.

It is very hot in September. The restaurants are sometimes cold...but you won't need a sweatshirt...it's HOT HOT HOT

Just checked the weather forecast. During the time you're there, it will be very warm and humid during the day (upper 80s with a lot of humidity), possible afternoon showers most days, and cooler evenings (low 70s).

I'd say be prepared for the rain - ponchos come in very handy. (I use the "disposable" ones you can buy at Target for 89 cents - you can just throw them away when you're done, and you don't have to try to fold down the big WDW Mickey ponchos into a backpack to carry around.) It usually only rains for a little while in the afternoons. Or you might be able to get away with umbrellas for everyone, as long as it isn't raining too hard.

I usually go the first week of October (am leaving in 2 weeks!) and like to carry a light, long-sleeve layer to wear in the air-conditioned buildings. If it's really hot and humid, the air conditioning can be very refreshing at first, but you can get chilled pretty easily hopping back and forth between inside/outside. My rather unusual solution on my last trip was a long-sleeve denim shirt. It's lighter-weight than a sweatshirt and folds down into a backpack or messenger bag pretty easily. For me, it was better than a bulky sweatshirt, and I could roll up the sleeves if I needed to.

Check the weather forecast right before you go to see what the chances of rain will be. That'll help you pack!

Thank you. I guess I'll skip the sweatshirt. We already have ponchos. I just was concerned with the weather forecast calling for rain nearly every day.

I was thinking the same thing. I KNOW that the airplane is going to be cold, so I wonder if I should bring a sweatshirt??? But I know that I need something THINNER to pack in my backpack for the a/c buildings. I just talk to someone from photopass yesterday when I was setting up my Grand Fla photo session & she said that it rains just about every day from 3-6pm so that I should try to not schedule around then...I hope that I can find something in the kids closests that is lightweight,easy to fold & warm, is that even made???:) :)

Forgot to mention that....yes, it rains just about every day around 4pm ish...but then it clears up and it's nice. It can really POUR buckets at a time. It reminds me of being at the beach in SC...my family lived there for 20 years and there was always a chance of scattered showers/thundershowers...

Have a great time. We leave in 7 days...Have gone every Sept/Oct for years...Hot weather...but not like July and Aug...humidity is a killer in WDW.

I have been there during Thanksgiving and in December also for many years and it can be 30 degrees or 90 degrees...that's the only time I bring warm clothes along...but Sept...you just need something light for in the restaurants. :love:

I would say absolutely bring sweatshirts. We went the last week of August and even though it was hot and humid, when it rained it was cold (even with a poncho). I did not bring a sweatshirt and regretted it. You can always buy one there if you need one but they are pricey.

I always bring a hooded or regular sweatshirt on vacation, you never know if you'll need it and I'd rather have one than have to buy one. (DH likes the car cold and the room cold so at some point I'm usually cold!)

Whenever I've gone in both September or October it's been so hot that I never even needed long pants in the middle of the night.

When it rains in the afternoon, it doesn't get cold, it gets muggy. One of the biggest complaints that time of year is that the standard vinyl poncho turns into a sauna, steaming you like a crab in a pot of Old Bay whenever you wear one.

So as long as the forecast doesn't include an actual weather front with cooler temps, don't worry about bringing warm clothes; you won't need them.

Like others have said, I would take something long-sleeved for possible cool evenings and in restaurants. We go every October and I definitely need something. A long sleeved shirt, a windbreaker, or a very lightweight sweatshirt. Some sweatshirts are very lightweight, like an exercise pant material.

I will be carrying a light weight sweatshirt with me on the plane. Between the plane and the airconditioning I know I will be using it. Plus, when I end up freezing, it saves me the $50 that I've spent the last 2 trips because I was freezing in the parks. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter