Swapping a 1BR+Studio for a 2BR

MouseOfCards

Finally jumped in . . .
If I have a 1-BR Boardwalk View and a Studio Boardwalk View (reserved at different times based on availability at those times), is there any way to swap those 2 rooms for a 2-BR Boardwalk View without risking losing those rooms?

If I have a 1-BR Boardwalk View and a Studio Boardwalk View (reserved at different times based on availability at those times), is there any way to swap those 2 rooms for a 2-BR Boardwalk View without risking losing those rooms?
The short answer is no. If they are both lockoff's you could potentially cancel and rebook to get it as a 2 BR. Or you could wait list to replace the reservations though you could only do that to replace one so you'd need to have enough points to swing the 2 BR and studio initially. You could also call MS to see if they can rebook without losing it and that's where I'd start. I wouldn't chance the cancel and rebook option.

I would make sure that I had an experienced cm at member services before I attempted to rebook your studio/1 bedroom as a 2 bedroom. So many things could go wrong if the cm does not know how to handle this situation. I would suspect this would be an area that isn't attempted very often and could be confusing to an inexperienced cm.

I can usually judge just by telling the cm what I want to do if they will know how to handle the situation. I have had reservations lost, points lost, the wrong nights cancelled, etc by inexperienced cm's in the past.

Good luck to you. Seems like they should be able to do this for you.

Not every BWV studio and 1 bedroom is a lock off. BWV has 97 Dedicated Studios & 130 Dedicated 1 Bedrooms. I do not know how many of those are in the Boardwalk View category.

If either the studio or 1 bedroom you booked is dedicated, you can't combine them into a 2 bedroom. Your reservation will not show which you currently have as neither of those are booking categories at BWV. MS can tell, though.

FWIW, I wouldn't risk it with a call. I'd email all the details and ask to have them the two reservations merged into one reservation for a 2 bedroom. I'd be very clear that I would rather keep what I had than lose either reservation if they couldn't do it.

Emails are usually worked when the phones aren't busy and IME, by the more experienced CMs. I've not had a problem asking for things this way as long as the need wasn't urgent.

Good luck!

Not every BWV studio and 1 bedroom is a lock off. BWV has 97 Dedicated Studios & 130 Dedicated 1 Bedrooms. I do not know how many of those are in the Boardwalk View category.

If either the studio or 1 bedroom you booked is dedicated, you can't combine them into a 2 bedroom. Your reservation will not show which you currently have as neither of those are booking categories at BWV. MS can tell, though.

FWIW, I wouldn't risk it with a call. I'd email all the details and ask to have them the two reservations merged into one reservation for a 2 bedroom. I'd be very clear that I would rather keep what I had than lose either reservation if they couldn't do it.

Emails are usually worked when the phones aren't busy and IME, by the more experienced CMs. I've not had a problem asking for things this way as long as the need wasn't urgent.

Good luck!
Very good ides and points. That way you also have it writing.

Good luck!
I'm doubting they'd do this by email but it's worth trying.

Thank you for all the responses. It's definitely a little bit disconcerting whenever asking MS to do something not very common. The last time we asked MS to swap points on a reservation, we later discovered that they had also banked all current use year points to the following year (5 months before the banking deadline) - something we had never requested.

We tried this at the VGF in 2014. We were told no. However we did end up with the rooms connected so we did get our 2 bedroom we just used more points for it. Good luck!

Good luck!

Even though you don't specifically book lockoff or dedicated, they do assign internally because they have to be sure they will have lockoffs available for 2 bedrooms. There are 9 dedicated 1 bedrooms & 8 dedicated studios, 21 lockoffs, 7 grand villas for boardwalk view.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

Thank you for all the responses. It's definitely a little bit disconcerting whenever asking MS to do something not very common. The last time we asked MS to swap points on a reservation, we later discovered that they had also banked all current use year points to the following year (5 months before the banking deadline) - something we had never requested.

I'm curious what you ended up doing and if MS was able to do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter