• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan vs Port Orleans

MoyCoy

Earning My Ears
I am currently booked at the Swan Dec 18-21 for $190 . I was informed today that I may be able to secure a room at Port Orleans for $159. I am taking my 5 year old twins to WDW for the first time during the busiest season of the year. I was hoping that if we stayed at the Swan it would give us numerous transportation options to MK. We can't afford the high prices of the resorts close to MK. The prices are sky high now.

I honeymooned at Port Orleans and liked the resort. BUT I wonder if the Swan is a upgrade. Yes they have a resort fee but they have a children program and are next to epcot and close to boardwalk. And they have a beach for down times. I stayed at POR before kids. Would love advice please. Should we change to PO or stay at the Swan?

I'd stay at the Swan just for the location, and I've heard the rooms are very nice. We stayed at the BC, and loved being able to walk to HS and Epcot.

either one is nice,and if you're saving I'd switch. If they were equal price, I'd choose Swan....(including all resort fees)

Not to throw another monkey wrench into a already complicated scenario.. BUT we were offered AK for 189 yesterday. As I understand , AK is far from MK. Worried relying just on the buses at PO and AK during the busiest time of the year.

PS:Thank You everyone for your extremely helpful advice!!!!!!

Not to throw another monkey wrench into a already complicated scenario.. BUT we were offered AK for 189 yesterday. As I understand , AK is far from MK. Worried relying just on the buses at PO and AK during the busiest time of the year.

PS:Thank You everyone for your extremely helpful advice!!!!!!

Don't worry too much about the AKL buses. MK isn't that much farther and AKL has dedicated buses.

First off congrats on going to Disney! Second We all can only give you advice on the subject and the choice is up to you. Third Have you considered how you are getting to the Swan from the Airport, if you are flying in? From my understanding it doesn't use the ME. Additionally Yes it close to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk but you have to bus to MK or walk all the way through Epcot to get to the Monorail for MK. I stayed with my son (8 at the time) during our first trip last year at Port Orleans French Quarter. It was a nice small compact resort. They have activities for the kids and a nice small water slide. www.portorleans.org is a great unofficial website that covers the French Quarter and Riverside. AKL looks really neat and interesting plus you can see any animals anytime there. I heard great reviews about it. I think either resort would be awesome! Plus staying on site eliminates the headache of how to get to my hotel from the airport problem!! I wish best of luck on your decision. Let us know what you choose! They key to your whole trip is to have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter