Swan vs CSR

JennSaint

DIS Veteran
Just realized with the teacher rate I could stay at Swan for about the same cost as CSR next month. Since we are not doing the dining plan this trip it seems like a no brainer to me to swith to the Swan. What are some of your opinions that would keep you from switching from CSR to Swan?
All comments appreciated!

I would stay at the swan. Doesn't mean I don't like CSR but here are some of the best reasons. Queen sized beds, larger rooms, heavenly beds, Boardwalk location, true deluxe hotel. It is beautiful. You still get EMH and Disney transportation to the parks, however, you give up DME and being able to have your tickets and charging priveledges on the room key. For me those are non issues but some care about such things.

Depends what you want.........we love the Swan, but the Disney theming, etc. is not that important to us. We love the more "grown up" feel of the Swan and will be staying there in March for 5 nights!

The location cannot be beat. Our kids actually prefer to stay at the Swan over the anyt other Disney resort (except the campground.....the golf carts are a major pus for them there). Even the kids comment on the heavenly beds.

Have a great trip which ever you choose.

The Swan is a deluxe. CSR is a mod. For the same price, I would definitely be staying at a deluxe.

My family loves the Swan/Dolphin.

We love CSR!!! It's a better fit for us than any of the deluxe. However, LOCATION is the key here. Lately, we just haven't been able to find a good enough rate at an Epcot resort that would make us switch from CSR. To us, the convenience of the Boardwalk area, walking to the Studios, and walking into Epcot would probably do it--if the price was the same. The Swan is a great resort.

Obviously you can't compare a deluxe to a moderate. Larger beds, interior hallways and Swan is in a awesome location. But at the Swan you can't charge items to your room, you are charged to park a car, and you can't participate in the DDP. So it all depends what is important to you.

Here's our problem. We are currently staying at:
All Star Sports 3 nights
Coronado Springs 5 nights

Swan is only available for 4 out of 5 nights we are staying at Coronado
So our last night of vacation we would have to stay somewhere else. Which means switching resorts twice. And probably staying at a Value again for our last night. Unless I can rent points for one night from a DVC member.

Sorry I didn't post the whole info in my original post. This may change some of your opinions.
I would like to do the switch to the Swan my DH thinks it may be too much switching but said he would think about it today.

Where do you find teacher rates for the Swan?
From their website...If you are a teacher, nurse or member of the United States military, there are very special rates offered ONLY to members of your profession. Please call (888) 828-8850 to learn more about these rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter