• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan to Grand Floridian

nascarelbert

Earning My Ears
Wondering what the best Disney transportation option is going from the Swan to the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 10am?

Wondering what the best Disney transportation option is going from the Swan to the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 10am?

Using Disney transportation - bus to MK, boat or monorail to GF. You could save time by grabbing a cab.

Agree that a taxi (or driving yourself if you have a car) is the fastest. Be aware that if you ask for a taxi at the Swan they will try to put you into a (more expensive) town car. You need to be firm about the taxi.

Since you reservation isn't until 10:00 am, you've got plenty of time to do the bus to MK, boat/monorail to the GF. Still, be sure you give yourself at least an hour for this trip.

We have the carseat issue...and since we'll probably head straight to MK after breakfast, I don't want to lug that all day!

Will DHS buses be running BACK to resorts at that time?

I agree with the PPs that the most efficient option using Disney Transportation is to take the bus to MK and then monorail to GF (be sure to get on the resort monorail and not the express). You can also take a boat from MK to GF, but it's a little boat.

Another option, and far less efficient, but still fun, is to walk through Epcot (you'll need park hoppers to do this) and then take the monorail from the front of Epcot to MK and then monorail to GF. It'll take longer (because you have to walk through Epcot), but I always enjoy the atmosphere of the park!

Regarding buses back...DHS will have buses running from about one hour before it opens to about one hour after it closes. However, there are no buses that run from DHS to the Swan - you need to either walk or take the boat back.

We have the carseat issue...and since we'll probably head straight to MK after breakfast, I don't want to lug that all day!

Will DHS buses be running BACK to resorts at that time?
They may put you on the bus to TTC and tell you to take the monorail from there. So you might as well just take the bus to MK.

Since you'll be traveling right around MK opening time, you should probably allow 90 minutes rather than 1 hour (in case of full buses.)

I think the boats leaving MK in the a.m. stop at Poly before GF, so they will probably take just about as long as the monorail (about 20 minutes.) But before disembarking at MK, ask the bus driver where the bus is going next; it may be continuing to WL & GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter