• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

swan says no discount for oct!

casidy

Earning My Ears
I saw on the all ears web page(www.wdwig.com) that there was a code all ears and the rate quoted was 162.50$ from may to dec.
i asked for oct 25 till nov 1st and they told me there was no discounted rate for that time? what i want to know is why does the web site say there is? i mean oct is concidered a slow time so i would assume there would be a discounted rate.
And I just wanted to know if aynone had any other options for me, the rate she quoted me was 305$ an night and I can't affrd that should I wait and see maybe someother rates will come out or shoul i just stay at csr that was our second choice. It's only going to be dh and me.

I wouldn't pay $305 for the Swan - maybe your dates are too far out for them to offer their lower prices at this time

Have seen as low as $81 on hotwire

Maybe best option is to book through the Travel Agency Dreams Unlimited and let them monitor the prices for you and then if prices soften or Disney codes come out make the final choice then

Thanks
Jason

They could have a convention booked for that time of the year which has filled them up. I went to a convention at WDW one year that easily filled up both the Swan and Dolphin.

Originally posted by casidy
I saw on the all ears web page(www.wdwig.com) that there was a code all ears and the rate quoted was 162.50$ from may to dec.
i asked for oct 25 till nov 1st and they told me there was no discounted rate for that time? what i want to know is why does the web site say there is? i mean oct is concidered a slow time so i would assume there would be a discounted rate.
And I just wanted to know if aynone had any other options for me, the rate she quoted me was 305$ an night and I can't affrd that should I wait and see maybe someother rates will come out or shoul i just stay at csr that was our second choice. It's only going to be dh and me.

FTR the website does say based on availability. There could be a convention and the Swan is a smaller resort than the Dolphin. Did you try the Dolphin and did you use the 800 number provided rather than the general reservation number? Another option could be to tweak your dates a bit. If only 1 of your nights isn't available at the discount rate your entire range of dates will show unavailable. This isn't unique to the S/D btw. I have also gotten great rates at the S/D with an Annual Pass, through this website and the best rate so far was with the entertainment card. The savings on 5 nights alone was well worth the $15.00 I paid for the entertaniment card program.

TJ

I agree with trying to book with Dreams Unlimited. When I called thw Swan/Dolphin for our trip last July, they told me that not only weren't any discounts available, but no rooms were available. Lo and behold, Dreams not only got me a room, but got me the discount. Go to www.dreamsunlimited.com

I just checked at swandolphin.com under reservations and found the Swan available for your nights at a rate of $147.50 if you are a AAA member. I believe the Entertainment rate is similar. Both are well worth joining to get these savings. Good luck!

You cn use your Disney Club card as an Entertainment Club card at the Swan and Dolphin :) No need to buy one if you have it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter