Swan questions...

yfraser

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions about the club level at the Swan:

1) Is it worth the extra money for this level? ($60per night - we are only staying three nights)
2) Do you get a better room at club level?
3) Do you get a balcony?
4) Is it better just to reserve a balcony?
5) What kind of amenities do you receive as club?

I also have a few questions about the Swan:

1) Can you see the fireworks from any of the rooms?
2) What is the best view or room type to request?
3) How is the transportation from the Swan to MK and MGM?

Thank you so so much...

I can't answer your questions about Swan CL, but bumping up for the experts.

I'm a Dolphin fan myself...east wing Epcot view ;)

As far as transportation ......you would take a Disney bus to the MK, they run frequently every 10-15 minutes has been my experience. They do typically stop at YC/BC/BW.
You can walk (less than 15 minutes) or take a boat to MGM (5-10).
:sunny:

After reading through some of the older posts, I have found a few answers to my questions... but I would still love any additional info....

I am in somewhat of a predicament... trying to decide whether I should book with the Swan... we are celebrating my 40th and my completion (finally) of my bachelor's degree.. I wanted to thank my two teenage daughters and my husband for supporting me throughout the past 5 difficult years... and the Swan has such a great price for DC'ers... but we have never been to WDW... and could use any help at all....

Please...

We have been to WDW several times, stayed at all the moderates and WL and last time at the Swan. While we did not have our teen and 21 year old daughter with us I think they would have loved it as much as we did and we plan on squeezing some time in with them before they are everywhere.
We loved the Swan. It had the friendliest, most helpful staff I have ever seen. Even the guy cleaning (yes I said cleaning) the bus stop wanted to know how our stay was going. It is beautiful inside and our room was great although our king wouldn't do for you. We were upgraded for free and overlooked the lagoon where the boats pulled in. Don't know about fireworks we were never in the room at that time. The location is fantastic, you can walk to Epcot or MGM or take the boat. The walk is really nice and not all that long esp in early morning. But we also enjoyed the boat alot. Bus service was always really good and we never waited more than maybe 5 minutes. We got a great room rate with our Starwood Preferred status better than what I had booked at the nurses rate. I got upgraded simply by asking for a beautiful view. I never have done concierge, but my DH likes something more substantial for breakfast.
If I were celebrating my 40th and bachelors its where I would stay!!!!

Well as I said I can't comment on club level, but I know you will not be disappointed in the Swan/Dolphin resort. Before 5 visits to the Dolphin in te last 2 1/2 years I hd stayed at Dixie Landings (now POR), Wilderness Lodge, and a couple of offsite places. The Swan/Dolphin location is unbeatable...our teens love it there- and DH and I love it on our own too!!
I say go for it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter