Swan or WL????

alsmom

Earning My Ears
I know that these are 2 totally different resorts, but which would be better for myself, 2 yr old daughter and husband? My dh is running in the marathon in January and had the AP rate at the Swan, but just got an AP rate at WL for those dates, so prices are pretty much the same. Stayed at the Swan in September and really enjoyed it. Will I enjoy WL as much?? Just wanting some advice from all you experts out there!

:earsgirl: Thanks!!

I'm not a WL expert, but after just booking our next trip to the Dolphin we really debated about the WL too. If we find discount rates we may opt to split our stay. One of the great things we loved about FW was taking the boat to MK or to the Contemporary. The boat rides to MK were always fun and really made for a nice end of the day experience. I loved the feel of Wilderness Lodge too and just for the sake of experiencing variety I'd stay there if I'd already done the Swan.

I would say try the WL..its a very magical place. I was there for 7 days Halloween week and all I can say is Im hooked. Its soooo beautiful. The lobby is magnificent. The theming is rated #1! You have two great restaurants, Whispering Canyon Cafe, for loads of fun and for fine dining there is Artists Pointe. Roaring Forks food court has everything else you need. The pool is real nice and you can watch the Electric Water parade from the beach every night. If you get a woods view room facing the otter pond, you can see the castle and the fireworks.

The boat to MK is great. I love going to Chef Mickeys at the contemporary, so I just hope on the boat, then take the monorail to epcot or MK.

You will love this resort. Enjoy::yes::

I have stayed at WL & not the Swan.

The WL is wonderful for small kids. The resort is small by Disney standards, so you'll never be more than a few minutes walk from anything. It's very convenient to MK, just a short boatride away. There is also a boat that circles between WL/FW/CR all day. So it's very easy to hop over to Chef Mickeys or Trails End, or any of the activities at FW.

My 4.5 yo really loved the kiddie pool. We found ourselves spending more time at the resort than we usually do because it was so beautiful & relaxing.

Oh, and we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus.

Of cource, if you are "Epcot" people, than the Swan might be a better choice. WL is better if you are "MK" people.

I love the Swan, but if I could get the WL for the same price I'd grab it. Especially if you are going to be at MK a great deal of time. If you're doing more Epcot/MGM, than the Swan would definitely be more convenient. The Swan/Dolphin seem to have discounts often and easier to get than WL, so you can always do Swan on the next trip.

I read on another thread that for those participating in the marathon that WL would be more convenient for the runners, than EPCOT area Resorts.

Plus there is the WOW factor.

rsvwlphoto4zom.jpg

You will love the Lodge ::yes::

One is as nice as the other in my opinion, but both are completely different in theming!

With the WL, you feel like you are totally removed from Florida! It's very rustic with a cabin in the woods appeal.

At the Swan, it's all about a tropical Florida vacation with the decor done in light spring colors.

Personally we prefer the Epcot Resort location and being able to walk to either Epcot or MGM.

But with your little one, you might want to be just a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom!

You have a tough decision to make there my friend! Good luck!

Thanks for the advice everyone!! I think we've decided to give WL a try. I'm sooo excited!!

Personally I would base my decision on which park I intended to spend more time at. If MK then WL is definitely the place to be.

If EPCOT or MGM, then the Swan is the way to go.

We just returned from a two week visit to Disney and found that by visiting the parks closest to our hotels we could save a lot of time and stress each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter