swan or riverside nite before cruise?

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
ok me alone 51 yrs old going on cruise, had booked riverside but this am price for swan came up the same using nurses discount. which one is a better choice in your opionion andwhy? my original plan was to check into riverside and take the little river cruise to dtd for supper and then chill back in room or near pool or shop a little depending on hot it is when i get there at end of sept. would i be better off at the swan? i stayed at dolphin 2 years ago and was not impressed at all! hated my room, smelled musty when air conditioner was on, and i got bit up in one of the beds and had to sleep in the other bed, i heard the swan was better are the swan and dolphin run by the same co? i'm not usually a complainer but i love disney!:cool1:

The Swan and Dolphin are run by the Starwood Group but one is a Sheraton and one is a Westin (I can't remember which is which).

Personally (46 years old female), I'd go with the Swan. And I've stayed at both, BTW. The reason I'd go with the Swan is because of the entire Epcot resort area right there "outside your door". Plenty of dinner options (even fast food and a cafeteria). And the pool shared with the Dolphin is, in my opinion (and the husband's), the second best one at Disney World. The hot tubs are great (try the one at the quiet pool) and you even get a beach.

Also, I've always felt safe at the Swan. It's one building and I've never received anything less than great service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter