• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan or Dolphin

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
We got the great teacher rate at the Swan/Dolphin for Nov.! I am sooo excited! Now we need to decide which ( Swan or Dolphin) is better for us. Has anyone stayed at either resort? We will have one room with a roll in shower and 2 basic rooms. I would not think they will upgrade us at the $99.00 rate. Is one better for a wheelchair than the other?

Thanks for you help. :)

I am not sure, but I have some friends who are Swan/Dolphin experts, and we can ask them to answer.... :)

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

The Dolphin has bigger rooms but smaller beds. They have Doubles instead on the Queens at the Swan. The bigger beds though are in the smaller rooms go figure! For manuverability in the room I would probably say the DOLPHIN.
Anyway, the rest of the hotels are basically the same. Any questions feel free to post on the Swan and Dolphin FAQ which you can find the link for below, or email me and I will be happy to help you!

<center>
spring1new.gif
lauryn.gif

Link toSwan and Dolphin FAQ!
<marquee><font size=3><font color=green>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font>
<font color=green>16 times to Disney 13 off-site and 3 on!
Next visit Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

I'm gonna find alot about this this July!
My mother will be wheelchair bound and we will be staying at the Dolphin !!!

I've told them of mom's physical challenges and have a good feeling that she'll be accomodated at the S/D resorts!!! :D

<font size=4 color=lime>Sis-boom-baaaa !!
\
sheep3.gif
layinggirl.gif
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee>Co-Captain of Swan/Dolphin Resort Cheerleading Team!</marquee>
<font color=green>15th Adventure-July/Aug 2001-20 Days at Dolphin, Poly & AKL!
16th Adventure-Nov/Dec2001-6 Days at Swan-1st DIS Convention!

Thank you Swan & Dolphin experts for coming over and helping us out. Feel free to visit any time.π

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

No Problem SueM and Teri!

We are glad to help anytime! I'll stop by evey once in a while, and you always know where to reach us!

<center>
spring1new.gif
lauryn.gif

Link toSwan and Dolphin FAQ!
<marquee><font size=3><font color=green>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font>
<font color=green>16 times to Disney 13 off-site and 3 on!
Next visit Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

Thank-you all for your information. I will ask for the Dolphin. I would like to read about your trip this summer when you return. I want to make this a special time for everyone and my DS especially, so any wisdom to make our trip easier and more fun is wonderful. Everyone here on this board is so helpful. I am so glad that I found it. Thanks! :) :)

Boy can I relate! We just got the $99 teacher rate for the Dolphin in Oct and we are so excited too!!

Question- My husband will be renting a ECV and wanted to know if he can go in the boat to Epcot and MGM?? Anyone know??

[I didn't know if I should add to this post or start my own, I figured if S/D experts were answering the previous question, maybe they could answer mine too] :)

All Star Sports Oct 2000
HIFS & Sheraton World Feb 2001
Courtyard WDW May 2001
HIFS & AS Movies Sept/Oct 2001

Since we are on the subject of the Dolphin, we have Dolphin reservations for early November and I want to know how the roll-in shower is along with bathroom layout so we can figure out how well it will work for us. Does anyone have pictures or layout drawings? We were at CBR last fall and it was manageble but very tight roll in shower (the rest of the bathroom and rest of room was fine).

<hr align="center">
Jeff D in PA

I looked at the questions thread but it did not have a layout of the room. If anyone knows, please share with us! Thanks!

I just got back from a 6 day stay at the Dolphin with my daughter. She ended up unexpectedly in a wheelchair for the last 4 days.

When we checked in, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony. This was on a "teacher rate". Because it turned out that room had been smoked in (it was a non-smoking room but someone had disregarded the rules), they moved us to yet another room. This time we ended up with TWO balconies. All of this was done without our requesting it. Very nice service! I would say your complimentary upgrades are limited by the availability. If they're available, they provide them. If you have a special need, in our case a non-smoking room, it somewhat lessens your chance of getting an upgrade, but they seemed to work with what they had to make our stay as nice as possible.

The transportationn and the location as a whole were very good for someone helping a child deal with a wheelchair. In fact, we're returning there next November, in part, because of this feature. My child has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and her condition is difficult to predict at this time so next time I'll go prepared for the fact that she may need a wheelchair and we won't be caught by surprise. The ferryboats to and from MGM and Epcot were great. It was easy to walk to boardwalk. All the doors in the hotel at the Dolphin were automatic which was nice. (We visited the Swan and had to open them ourselves which was tricky unless someone was around to help out.)

Any other questions? I'll try to answer as best I can........

Thanks Lu for the hotel information. I am so glad to hear the boats worked well for you with the chair. I also appreciate the comments on the rides. We will beware to look for the right place for the Safari wheelchair line. How fun that you got upgraded, maybe we will get lucky too. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter