Swan/Dolphin

KimK2006

DIS Veteran
My DD is going to WDW in a couple of weeks for Cheer Nationals. She's a coach. Since she's the only female coach, she had a room to herself. I'm going to go down for a few days since there is a free place to stay and I have an AP. I don't know anything about the Swan/Dolphin. Anything I need to know about the resorts? (Thought it was kind of strange they are having some of the cheer squads stay there. When we were there 6 years ago when by DD was a cheerleader, all teams stayed at one of the Disney properties.)

They are beautiful hotels, right across the water from YC and BWI. You can use Disney transportation. They have some great restaurants. They are usually devoted to large conventions. Last time we were there (we were staying at BWV's) they had pest control companies from all over the world at the hotel.

There's a zillion page thread here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/

I'm a major fan of Swan/Dolphin. Highlights for me:
The Pool complex
The restaurants - Kimonos is a hidden gem.
Walking to Hollyweird and DHS
The BEDS!!!
Ample Hills at my backdoor.
The PRICE!
60 day FP
EMH Eligible.

Throw questions in that Swolphin thread - plenty of folks that are fans will try to help you out.

Yeah, I agree with Babsy - some of the best beds on Disney property. The hotels are beautiful, with a tropical Art Deco-ey style. They are also home to one of the best spas I have ever been to, the Mandara Spa is at the Dolphin. I love that you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from there ( as well as BWI, BC and YC resorts ).

You can pre-register for the Mandara Spa
http://www.mandaraspa.com/spa/Orlando-Walt-Disney-World-Swan-and-Dolphin.aspx
Mandara Spa
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Tel: (407) 934-4SPA (4772)
Fax: (407) 934-4448
E-mail: wdwswandolphin@mandaraspa.com

Very hard to get an appointment on the same day.
We tried for a whole week - ended up going to the spa at AKL.

You may be able to get a great rate with AAA, government ID, teacher ID, being a nurse, or even a great senior discount
;)

Last edited:

At the Mandarin Spa, what services have you liked best? I usually do therapeutic massage at home but Swedish is good too. What about pedicures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter