• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

swan/dolphin

marymaya

Mouseketeer
Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place...

My mother is going to a work convention in Disney and they're putting her in either the Swan or Dolphin. She's typically allowed to bring guests on her work conventions, so she invited me and my 3 kids. (one is an infant) She's never had issues with her guests staying in her hotel room, but she hasn't been to Disney for work. She goes to cities and stays at regular hotels.

Will we be able to crash in her hotel room for this trip? I know that the regular Disney properties do not allow that, but considering that they're different, we want to make sure. We're purchasing park tickets on our own.

Thank you :)

They both have different room occupancy limits. And yes, you need to check in. The Dolphin has double sized beds and will bring in a cot for an additional feel. The Swan has queen beds and does not give out cots.

They both have different room occupancy limits. And yes, you need to check in. The Dolphin has double sized beds and will bring in a cot for an additional feel. The Swan has queen beds and does not give out cots.
Thanks. So I should figure out if there is a way to get my name on the reservation as well? I know that she was going to request the dolphin even though the baby will be in a crib. If my name isn't on the reservation, how likely are they to notice? As long as the room is paid in full and we aren't exceeding the room limits, I don't really see the issue. But I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

If you are on the reservation, you can have FP at 60 days and EMHs at the parks. I have to think that an extra adult and 3 kids would probably be pretty obvious. Why don't you want to be added to the reservation?

If you are on the reservation, you can have FP at 60 days and EMHs at the parks. I have to think that an extra adult and 3 kids would probably be pretty obvious. Why don't you want to be added to the reservation?
Gotcha. I don't have any issue being on the reservation. We are just in the beginning stages of planning so we can definitely do that. We aren't sure what her works policy is on doing that. My mom hasn't done this type of travel for work and usually she isn't the one who makes the reservation. We shall see.

Once your mom has the reservation booked, she can call the Dolphin and add you guys on. That shouldn't be a problem as far as the Dolphin is concerned.

Once your mom has the reservation booked, she can call the Dolphin and add you guys on. That shouldn't be a problem as far as the Dolphin is concerned.
Ok thank you. I just don't want to cause trouble with her work or break any rules. We definitely would meet the room requirements, and not exceed them and I will purchase tickets for us, so I agree that the Dolphin shouldn't have an issue.

Even if her workplace makes her reservation, if it's in her name, she should be able to call and add you. As far as her job having an issue with it, I guess that's a whole other problem. Hopefully, they won't care. As you said, the room is already paid for.

uhhh...We have stayed at the swan and yes the did have a roll away bed. they also have cribs for babies. real cribs, not just pack n plays.

uhhh...We have stayed at the swan and yes the did have a roll away bed. they also have cribs for babies. real cribs, not just pack n plays.
How tight of a squeeze is it with a full size crib? My son doesn't do well in the day care sized cribs and pack n plays so I'm liking that idea...

Hmmm...maybe you got lucky. The Swan doesn't allow rollaways. If you look at the Swan/Dolphin thread, there is discussion in the last few posts about guests being turned down when requesting rollaways at the Swan.

Hmmm...maybe you got lucky. The Swan doesn't allow rollaways. If you look at the Swan/Dolphin thread, there is discussion in the last few posts about guests being turned down when requesting rollaways at the Swan.

Weird....I went and looked online and it does say everywhere no roll aways in queen rooms. I remember asking upon check in, so, maybe the person didn't know or care? I called SPG even, and they said it is this way at most of their resorts with queen-queen beds. But she did say it's at the discretion of the hotel and since the swan has a lot of kids they probably do this as a courtesy. They are allowed in king rooms at the swan no problem. so if there are 4 i can sleep in the roll away, 1 the pull out couch and 2 the king bed

You might want to pop over to the Swan/Dolphin thread and ask, they are pretty knowledgeable over there. I think I did read on that thread that you are charged for over 2 people, I don't know if that means over 2 adults or over 2 people period.

You might want to pop over to the Swan/Dolphin thread and ask, they are pretty knowledgeable over there. I think I did read on that thread that you are charged for over 2 people, I don't know if that means over 2 adults or over 2 people period.

The charge is for over two adults. I agree that the Swan & Dolphin thread is full of great info, and knowledgeable people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter