Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Danielle and Little Mermaid - Welcome!

Danielle - maybe if you showed your mom some pics of the weddings at the Swan it'd convince her it's ok? :confused3

Welcome to the new Swalphins I have not been over here for a bit. If you have not been added I will check the group and add you. I may message you to verify your identity so check your other messages folder please.

I am excited for you both!

Teresa

Welcome to the new ladies! Welcome to our little group :)
Please feel free to ask lots of questions if you need any help or advice :)

After spending hours and hours reading post after post, I have decided to become a swalphin! Everyone looks amazing in all of the posted pics, and I'm so glad to have found your group! Thanks to everyone that has shared pictures and information! It is definitely appreciated :worship:

Nicole

Welcome Nichole!!!
Lovely to have you. Looking forward to hearing all your plans.

So, my wedding is booked! September 29th!!!!! But Im going back and forth over the arch. I feel like I need the arch, because in September if it rains I will need the decoration for the room inside (my biggest fear). However, I really don't like the look of the flowers either on top or with the sides. So I have this idea of wrapping (fake) autumn leaves around the arch. You know the really pretty ones you can buy that are bright maroon,orange and yellow. My bridesmaides are going to be in royal blue, so I like the idea of the contrast. Plus, Im having a fall wedding, and who dosn't love a theme. But has anyone done anything like this? Im really interested in pictures of arches. Im still open to flowers if I can find something I like. Please post pics or link to thread with pics. Thanks!!!

If you don't like the arch, could you not have pillars and flowers instead, then you can have the arrangements moved to your reception venue?

JP08835-4-11.jpg

JP05635-4-11.jpg

:welcome: Nicole!

Lilu: feel free to take a look at the pictures of my arch. You need to scroll down really far on the page but they're there. I loved the arch and thought it really added something to the ceremony! http://www.poirierweddingphotography.com/blog/walt-disney-world-boardwalk-swan-resort-wedding/

My only concern about the fake leaves is honestly how they'll look. I'm concerned they may look a little tacky. :( Maybe you could have your planner contact the florist with alternative ideas for you?

Thank you ladies for the pictures! love the ideas. That was my biggest concern with the leaves, i don't want them to look tacky :( Im still looking into all of our options and open to all opinions.

I am also an official Swalphin bride too! Our VR is set for 4-26-14.

And a BIG thank you to all the other Swalphin brides here for sharing their PJ's with us. Your insights helped me decide to go with the Swan resort instead of DFTW and I have NO REGRETS so far.

I am also an official Swalphin bride too! Our VR is set for 4-26-14.

And a BIG thank you to all the other Swalphin brides here for sharing their PJ's with us. Your insights helped me decide to go with the Swan resort instead of DFTW and I have NO REGRETS so far.
:welcome: So glad you're joining our sisterhood! :grouphug:

I was so torn between DFTW and S/D but S/D was honestly the best choice we ever made in regards to our wedding! No regrets and an absolute perfect wedding! Can't wait to hear about your plans!

Hello Everyone!:wave2:

I'm joining all you lovely ladies and getting married at the S/D in Sept. Eep!
I'm totally nervous as well....I've never been married before hah.
I don't have the first clue about what to do!

I contacted Just Marry! and Diana was assigned to me. She seems nice, replies to emails. She put me in touch with Lindsey over at the S/D catering dept.

I'm a bit overwhelemed with all the info I've got to look over. I'm so happy everyone before me has posted such informational things. You have no idea how helpful reading every last page has been!!!

I do think the price she quoted for the photographer is a bit out of my league. I'm still shopping around, but I think I'd like someone who could potentially stay for the whole getting ready/ceremony/post wedding pictures/reception.

Any suggestions? Better yet...any guidance period would be welcome.
My parents are from Ireland and Jamaica, so neither of them knew what I was talking about when I started to wedding plan.
When I told my mom I was going to send save the date cards she said 'why would you do that!":rotfl:
Then when I said we would need to have a rehearsal she said "I've never heard of that before!" haha
I love my parents, but I grew up in America & they have no clue about weddings here so I'm going off what I've seen/read/or heard about.

Welcome to our new sisters!!!
Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!!!

Welcome!! You are in wonderful hands with Diana-- she was my planner and made my day absolutely perfect!

I paid a ton for photography but it was worth every single penny. An affordable option is Randy Chapman but his pictures are really hit or miss, in my opinion. Some girls are really happy with him, others I am friends with REALLY dislike the quality of their pictures.

As far as an officiant, Rev. Tim Herring is amazing. Greenery Productions for floral is an amazing choice.

My piece of guidance: let Diana book your vendors and handle everything. She truly does know best and is amazing!

I have no complaints at all about my day or any of my vendors. Let us know what help you need!

Here's some pictures from my day: http://www.poirierweddingphotography...esort-wedding/

I am one of the many who was VERY happy with Randy!!!! He is the sweetest guy and I was thrilled with the value and quality I got from his services. I was unaware that some of our brides were not so happy - I have only ever read glowing reports, but you can only take as you find and I can't recommend Randy highly enough.
I second our Faith's recommendation for Rev Tim. We were delighted with the ceremony he put together for us.
I would like to put a word in for 'Petals by Design Orlando' for floral. We were bowled over by our flowers and they were an important element of the day for me. I had definite ideas about what I wanted, and they nailed my vision completely!!!
Remember, that if you don't want a 'traditional reception, there are many lovely restaurants in WDW that can do you a lovely reception meal, and you can still book a dessert party, in one of the parks if you wish.
If you want to see some photos of my VR, please feel free to check out my PJ/TR - the link is below in my signature.
Feel free to ask of I can help in any way at all.
Happy planning, sweetie!!!

I'm so happy to hear that!

I had read a few things about Rev Tim, and I am definitely hoping we get a change to work with him.

I'm contemplating asking to do our ceremony indoors. I was going to go with crescent terrace, but lets be honest...Any day in September at 4pm is likely to be rainy.:p

Are they capable of decorating an indoor space? I'd assume so.

I'm so happy to hear that!

I had read a few things about Rev Tim, and I am definitely hoping we get a change to work with him.

I'm contemplating asking to do our ceremony indoors. I was going to go with crescent terrace, but lets be honest...Any day in September at 4pm is likely to be rainy.:p

Are they capable of decorating an indoor space? I'd assume so.
They move the floral you have into your rain back-up room. :)

I keep getting conflicting answers/reports from friends who've had weddings or events at WDW. So here is my question?

Can a Swan bride have a reception/luncheon/whatever you'd like to call it at a Disney-operated resort... ex: Ariel's, The Attic, a reception room at the Boardwalk?:scratchin

I keep getting conflicting answers/reports from friends who've had weddings or events at WDW. So here is my question?

Can a Swan bride have a reception/luncheon/whatever you'd like to call it at a Disney-operated resort... ex: Ariel's, The Attic, a reception room at the Boardwalk?:scratchin
From my limited understanding, yes, unless the area is reserved for DFTW only. And, some areas, you may not be able to wear your dress. Carrie Hayward (lurkyloo) would know best!

In addition, you would have to contact Disney, and couldn't book it through your S/D planner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter