Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Hi everyone!

I'm a newb here at the Swan and Dolphin forum. I have been lurking around for a little bit but now that I am getting ready to actually plan a wedding I'm ready to commit word to paper! ;) :yay:

Just wanted to say hello! I am sure I will be posting more often as the planning gets more into action! princess:

Excited to meet everyone and discuss being a Swalphin lol.

Liz

Hi everyone!

I'm a newb here at the Swan and Dolphin forum. I have been lurking around for a little bit but now that I am getting ready to actually plan a wedding I'm ready to commit word to paper! ;) :yay:

Just wanted to say hello! I am sure I will be posting more often as the planning gets more into action! princess:

Liz

YAY another Swalphin! Welcome! :cheer2:

We also have a facebook group for just us Swalphins where we exchange idea, ask for advice, etc.

The group is just called "Swalphins", if your interested!

Hi everyone!

Liz
Welcome Liz!

So excited you're joining our sisterhood! When are you getting married?

If you're on Facebook, please be sure to join DISbrides (link is in my signature) and our Swalphin page (http://www.facebook.com/groups/105178389602615/)

:banana:

Welcome Liz!

So excited you're joining our sisterhood! When are you getting married?

If you're on Facebook, please be sure to join DISbrides (link is in my signature) and our swalphin page

:banana:

Hi Swalphins :)
Thank you sooo very much for the warm welcome! :)

We are planning to get married around October or November 2012 as of right now. We both love Disney and really want to get married there so we are looking into Swan and Dolphin. We aren't quite sure if we will be able to afford it as of now but we shall see! We would looove to get married there!

Looking forward to everyones knowledge and wisdom. :cloud9:

My DH and I are away celebrating our one year anniversary of our wedding at the Swan!!! :lovestruc

We finally got to try our top layer of the cake made by the Swan pastry staff-YUM!!! We thought the cake was delicious almost one year ago on our wedding day. The top layer had been in our freezer for a year (not to mention transported on a plan home from Florida) & it tastes amazing!!

If anyone is considering a cake made by the Swan pastry chef, I highly recommend!!!:goodvibes
2012-12-15+21.30.31.jpg

Thank you!! My actual anniversary is tomorrow, but I have been going through major wedding withdrawal all weekend!!!:sad1: Tonight at this time my bridal party and I were leaving the Biergarten and getting ready for our Illuminations Dessert Party at French Lower Terrace :lovestruc:

Here is a picture of what our cake looked like on our wedding day:
J%2CJ0745+12-18-11.JPG

J%2CJ0742+12-18-11.JPG

Hello fellow Swan brides! :wave2: I have spent the last 4 hours (EEK!) stalking all of your posts on this board. Congrats to all of you on your DW and VR. As I read through all 59 pages of threads starting in 2006 till this past December I have read through all of your planning processes, questions, outstanding moments, frustrations, and excitement for your big day! I am excited to join such an elite group of ladies!

LOL... I actually just started planning a DW as of yesterday :) I actually spent from noon till 4 in the morning researching DW online and even downloaded the Passporter Guide to weddings. It wasn't until I downloaded that guide that I discovered S/D weddings. That got me to today, stalking all of you, and signing up for a username on here. I also asked to be added to your group on FB. My name is Danielle Myers on there.

Since I am new to this board I thought maybe you might want to know a little bit about me :thumbsup2. If this bores you... then you may proceed on to the bottom where I will share our prelimanary plans for a DW...

My fiance and I met and started dating when I was almost 22. (2004) We actually met online like match.com. He is four year older than me. We got engaged a year later on Fort Myers Beach (hence my last name on FB- Myers) can't use my real last name since I am a teacher and my students are stalkers. :rotfl2: So... if you are good at math.. you may have figured out already that this February we will be engaged for 8 years and together for 9 years. By the time we marry in June of 2015 yep.. we will be engaged for over 10 years :cool1:

Due to money mishaps (out of our control) in the last 8 years our wedding has been pushed back and pushed back. However, we are ready for our 2015 wedding.. for sure!

So how did we decide on a DW??? LOL what a story!!! Well to begin with, in the first few years of dating my fiance wanted NOTHING to do with Disney! :sad: I was heartbroken by this.. he thought it was just for kids and the mere thought of stepping foot onto the property.. I think he would have rather had his arm cut off. ME.... I have always LOVED Disney. Went once when I was a kid, and had my WHOLE room in my teen years decorated in Winnie the Pooh. I was convinced he would change his mind at some point and I was BOUND and determined to be the one to do that. ::yes::

LOL.. I told you this post was gonna be long... After a few trips to Florida in '05 and '07, I knew it was my only chance. In Aug. of 07 we were driving around Orlando (coming from Fort Myers) and I asked him to drive around Disney property. We went to DTD and drove by resorts. He seemed surprised and totally not what he expected. :goodvibes So, we returned home and later in Sept. he told me he wanted to go to Disney. I was SHOCKED! to say the least. I jumped on that offer so fast! :lovestruc

We decided to do a Disney trip over Christmas in '07. GREATEST trip ever! He loved every minute of it! Actually, I think he loved possibly more than me. On the Magic Bus going back to the airport. They played their Mickey video. I looked over (4 AM) and the :groom: was CRYING! He was SO sad!!! He didn't want to leave! He cried out... BUT IT'S THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! Over the next few months at home, I caught him tearing up on the couch- seeing Disney things on TV and would quickly wipe the tears away and say WHAT? I wanna go back he would say.

Well, jump forward to today.. It has been 5 years and we have not been back... yet.

So, a couple years ago, we got the bright idea of getting married on the beach where we got engaged. :beach: We played around with the idea for a year or so.. My mother was so against it.. HOWEVER- WE are the ones paying for the whole wedding. My mother, wanted me to have a traditional wedding. So about 2 years ago we decided to change our minds and begin planning a traditional wedding. However, we were going to do a theme. 1920s theme. We began purchasing decor for the wedding and did A LOT of research. Found the perfect venue... we were just waiting for funds to line up for us.. The plan was to get married June of 14.

Well... a couple days ago. My fiance's sister posted something on my FB.. that we should get married in Disney. I laughed.. and all I could think was CHING CHING!! I replied.. Hmmm. I wish! So my fiance and I started talking and dreaming. We began discussing our home wedding again, how can we do it for cheap. No matter what, for what we were looking for, it was going to cost us at least 15,000!!!

Now, doesn't sound like much, however, I don't care if many of the 140 people we would invite would come anyways. I know that sounds harsh but I am not close with a lot of my extended family and I never really had a super close knit of friends either. Well then we called the reception hall and asked for their new prices for 2013. Their Friday night discounts in Feb. had gone down drastically a plate. Use to get 25 off a plate now only 10. That is a BIG difference! Plus they told me they aren't doing well fiancially.

So.. my fiance and I seriously talked about this yesterday for a few hours. We started looking at DFTW before I knew about S/D weddings. We realized that we wanted to do...what we wanted to go. after all... It is our Fairy tale wedding :thumbsup2.

All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your posts. It has really convinced us that S/D weddings is the way to go. I have already gotten a lot of information from all of you lovely brides. I do have lots of questions.. but I know it is early on.. and I think I need to let you all digest everything I just wrote here!!! :rotfl2:

I look forward to sharing ideas and taking your advice as well. I am also looking forward to becoming a swanbride sister ;)

Thank you:wave2:

YAY! Welcome, Danielle! You know sometimes these unforeseen circumstances can get in the way but that will make it so much sweeter when your wedding day is finally here. I didnt know about S/D weddings either until I found the Disboards and I was set ever since!

Happy Planning!

Shana,
I just LOVE your dress. I snooped around your pages and came across the ones you tried on. I loved the last one on your page and after reading that is the one you went with. LOOKS OUTSTANDING ON YOU!

Congrats on planning your wedding. I look forward to hearing all the additional details to your magical day in Disney!:cool1:

Hi Danielle sweetie!!!
So glad you have joined our little elite group!!!
You are so welcome here, and any questions or queries you may have will, I am sure be answered by one of our beautiful ladies - between us there is not much we do not know about S/D weddings and VRs.
I am looking forward to following along with your planning. Enjoy it - I loved every minute of planning my VR and know that you are going to have so much fun
Much love and happy planning!!!

Welcome Danielle! It is great to have another "Swalphin" in the group. We also started looking into a Disney wedding before coming across the S/D and it has been the best decision we have made so far!

Happy to have you here!
Sarah

So if you all check my ticker you will notice that it is a little sooner than what was on there yesterday:banana: Fiance and I talked last night and crunched some numbers for a couple hours. Both of us realized there is NO way we can wait another 2 and half years. So we are making some sacrifices and are planning a SD wedding for NEXT June!!!!

Our date is 6/21/14!!! So excited I can hardly contain myself!!! ::yes::

On to other great news.... my future mother in law and I are SUPER close. I just adore her. She is estatic for our DW!!! I told her about a dress I found online and had her check it out. It is the Alfred Angelou Disney Collection. The Tiana dress number 204. (In case anyone wanted to check it out) Well I called a bridal shop in the area and they had it. Sadly not in my size... they had a 10 and I am a 20/22. So, I made an appointment for today to check it out.

My FMIL and I went to lunch first and when I showed up she had a gift for me! I opened it up and it was Minnie ears with a pink hat in the middle with a bow. She told me I had to wear them every time I did wedding planning. I just LOVED them. So after lunch we ventured over to the Bridal Shop....

I even walked in with the ears on! Of course I had to explain why to the ladies working. They of course were SUPER jealous of my Disney wedding :) All I could do was SMILE:)

So they had the dress pulled for me and then of course we gathered a bunch more. So, as I went to try them on the girl actually thought she was going to squeeze my large booty into a size ten dress. I laughed so loud!:lmao:

Yeah, ok, lady!!! A couple sizes is one thing but not 10!!!!! Anyways....

I will have to write the rest later. Honey wants to watch Big Bang theory. LOL

Ok girls, I just requested to join group on FB. I am getting ready to call and get my date set.. I want my date to be Jan. 6, 2014 at the west courtyard in the morning time.. I haven't picked a photographer yet or the brunch place after it yet.

So yesterday I tried on a few dresses. I especially loved 2 of them. One of them is super formal- a pick up dress with a LONG train. The other is a Princess dress with lots of sparkles. I love both of them! Everyone was torn between the two. A princess dress works so well with the Disney theme. The formal one was really nice but possibly too formal for an outside Disney wedding.

Of course I have plenty of more time and dresses to try on in the meantime. I am a teacher so I plan do to A LOT of dress trying on over spring break-end of March.

Now the tough part... my own mother has NO idea about my Disney wedding. I am sure I will never hear the end of it considering she wants me to have a traditional wedding. I spent a few hours this evening writing her a formal letter that I am sending out in the mail on Monday. I am sure I will get the silent treatment for awhile considering she is extremely stubborn and loves to make you feel super guilty.

Luckily, I have my FMIL! She is WONDERFUL and my fiance's family is ecstatic for us to get married in Disney.

Hope everyone is having fun with their wedding planning. I am headed to read my Unofficial guide to DW. I only have 800 pages to go. LOL:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter