• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Thanks ladies :)
I don't think I'd be able to fill the 10 rooms to be honest, just like to know what the deal with it is though x

I don't think I'd be able to fill the 10 rooms to be honest, just like to know what the deal with it is though x

The price we got was just ok for us. And we were guaranteeing 15 rooms. The price was comparable to the room discount specials they release anyway. They also offered discount tickets, 10% off I believe. The Swan also does room blocks too and they gave me a decent price for the time of year we were going (peak season). I think it was $180/night they quoted me. But again, you can get better deals on other sites for swan rooms.

I literally just saw that after I commented.
Do you have to book 10 rooms (or did I make that up) and then you get a discount on those rooms?

Hello Steph, this one might help you and other swan brides to come...

I just spoke this week with either people that handle room blocks at the swan (sales) and disney (leisure group). As far as the swan/dolphin policy it seems they dont have any rooms minimum, you book as many as you want to, but the best price rate I got was $189 USD, which is more than travelocity/hotels.com offered ($169 USD) and the very own swan and dolphin website (169 USD). Go figure... I was looking for rates Dec 2012, date when Im planning my vow renew.
I've heard that if you mention the code TROOPS you get a nice discount on room blocks but you have to be a veteran/military.
Disney leisure groups in the other hand, requested a minimum of 10 room blocks, but gave me a good deal of average 25% on value and I guess 30% on moderate plus 10% discount on tkts. We are about to sign the contract with Disney resorts for the room block as the majority of our guests are coming from overseas and out of state, even tough my husband and I will stay 3 nights at the dolphin (cheaper than the swan) as we are military family and will try to get the TROOPS discount. Here is the email sent by disney leisure, which I think has more to offer in the case of room blocks:

To recap our conversation, here is what we can currently offer based on 20 rooms or more each night among our resorts during December 14-17, 2012.

Value category resorts:

DISNEY’S ALL STAR SPORTS RESORT

Group Rate – Standard Room: $86.00 + 13% tax per room, per night

Standard rooms accommodate a maximum of four (4) guests in two (2) double beds.

There will be a fee of $10.00 per person per night for 3rd and 4th adults (18 years old or older) in each room.

OR

DISNEY’S POP CENTURY RESORT

Group Rate - Standard Room: $103.00 + 12.5% tax per room per night

Standard rooms accommodate a maximum of four (4) guests in two (2) double beds.

There will be a fee of $10.00 per person per night for 3rd and 4th adults (18 years old or older) in each room.

Moderate category resorts:

DISNEY’S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT

Island-style villages with 42-acre lake including a marina with watercraft rental

Rooms accommodate a maximum of four (4) guests in two (2) double beds.

OR

DISNEY’S PORT ORLEANS RESORT - FRENCH QUARTER

Classic Southern hospitality featuring 3 story New Orleans style building with Mardi Gras flair plus fantasy playgrounds & pools…

Rooms accommodate a maximum of four (4) guests in two (2) queen beds.

OR

DISNEY’S CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT (Our most affordable convention resort at Disney)

The spirit of the American Southwest and Mexico plus fantasy playgrounds & pools…

Group Rate – Standard Room: $153.00 + 12.5% tax per room, per night.

There will be a fee of $15.00 per person per night for 3rd and 4th adults (18 years old or older) in each room.

Deluxe category resort:

DISNEY’S BOARDWALK INN

Dazzling re-creation of a fun-filled Atlantic seaside resort, walking distance from Epcot®

Group Rate – Standard Room: $325.00 + 12.5% tax per room per night

There will be a fee of $25.00 per person per night for 3rd and 4th adults (18 years old or older) in each room.

Hope this helps someone :thumbsup2

Hello all my beloved swalphins,

Just an update of our vr plans celebration:

I've heard a few brides complaining about delay on their booking date and I'm going through the same situation since nov 2011. My main problem wasn't booking the ceremony space, but the reception ballrooms at the swan.
As I mentioned on a previous post, we have tried to book one of the swan ballrooms since oct/nov 2011 for a possible ceremony on may 2012, and the swan gave us a thumbs up just on late feb :scared1:
We had no problem at all booking the crescent at that time for may 2012, but we were indeed on the 8 month mark requested by them recently.
Now...because of their delay in regards to the ballroom answer (let me refrain that the fault is associated with the sales dept and not Lindsey Cullen, she is the one working hard on our side), we had to move our vow to dec 2012 (this included calling all our friends and family and letting them know we had to re schedule the date), which worked out fine as we needed to save some money and it falls almost exactly on our 1 year anniversary.
Having difficulties again re scheduling our celebration to Dec 2012, I have decided to call the sales dept and try to see if they could make a decision otherwise I would have my reception with disney catering or any other place in Orlando (the problem is I want a dj, catered food for 100/150 people average), so they decided to move a lil bit and Lindsey Cullen was finally able to put a request for Dec 8th, well it has been 10 days and so far "nada".
Im really afraid the swan will give me an okay again just 4 months before my VR, so I decided to secure a room block with disney (which actually provides more advantages and better prices than the swan when it comes to hotel rooms) and doing that so, I will be able to check availability/prices with disney catering for a "anniversary celebration" at the atlantic dance hall, which actually it is.
Im a bit concerned about my bride VR dress, but I believe if they alllow brides to wonder around the resorts and my contract with disney will state "anniversary", im assuming they will be okay, specially as we are not going to be treating the reception as a VR, just the ceremony at the swan. Im still working on my room block contract with disney and I decide to secure a reception place with Disney in case the Swan takes too long to answer.
At least I will have two buffet prices to compare when it comes to reception as I have the swan prices already.
Just thought this might help some of you out there, that are looking for a reception with a bug chunk of people.
I will keep yall updated as soon as I get prices from the Atlantic Dance Hall, I doubt they are going to be as affordable as the swan catering, but at least I will have something in hands for my VR, plus I wont have to reach the $120 USD per person minimum, for food requested by DFTW, I hope not...

The room blocks info has been fab. Have you got the email addresd to book/sort out Disney room blocks. The Swan/Dolphin system is stupid! How silly! I find it expensive in general, so we shall see.
X

The room blocks info has been fab. Have you got the email addresd to book/sort out Disney room blocks. The Swan/Dolphin system is stupid! How silly! I find it expensive in general, so we shall see.
X

Hello again Steph,
Im not sure what do you mean by "book/sort out" the room blocks, but they send me a contract with the amount of rooms I wanted to book among with the regulations. I believe they will sort them out for you themselves according to availability as soon as you sign the contract. I chose the standard rooms at both disney resorts, so my disney sales contact said the standard ones are located on a specific area of the hotel, which means I didnt have many options I guess.

I will post here my room block arrangement and main regulations, so you can understand a little bit how it works, before venturing on this:

Day Fri Sat Sun Total
Date 12/14 12/15 12/16
Disney’s All Star Movies Resort 10 10 C/O 20
Disney’s Pop Century Resort 10 10 C/O 20
Total Room Block 20 20 C/O 40

Responsibility For Payment: Your guests will pay their own room, taxes and incidental charges in accordance with applicable Hotel policy in effect at the time of the Room Block. You agree to pay us in full for any and all amounts to be charged to you pursuant to or in connection with this Agreement by Wednesday, November 14, 2012.

Reduction of Room Block: Before Wednesday, November 14, 2012, you may reduce the number of room nights in the Room Block without charge, provided you maintain at least ten rooms on one of the dates of the Room Block. You agree that reservations will be made for all of the room nights in the Room Block, and you agree to pay us as provided below for all unused room nights in the Room Block, except to the extent you reduce the Room Block without charge as permitted under this paragraph.

Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your entire Room Block without charge by giving us written notice on or before Monday, October 15, 2012. If you cancel your entire Room Block after this date, we would incur damages from the loss of room and other ancillary revenue, but the actual amount cannot be determined at this time. Accordingly, in such event, you will immediately provide written notice of cancellation to us and pay to us, as liquidated damages (and not as a penalty), a room cancellation fee, plus any applicable taxes. The room cancellation fee will be determined by multiplying the total number of room nights in the Room Block (less any reduction in the Room Block that you are permitted to make under this Agreement without charge) that are not resold (after all other available rooms at the Hotel have been sold), times 90% of the Daily Room Rate. The parties agree that this represents a reasonable method to compensate us for our damages. The room cancellation fee (reduced by your deposit or any other amount previously received by us from you for the Room Block) will be payable within ten days after you receive our applicable invoice.

Additional Minimum Room Requirement: If you or your guests do not use at least ten rooms on one of the dates of the Room Block, the Daily Room Rate for the rooms that you use will increase to the undiscounted rack rate for those rooms. Any amount due as a result of this increase is payable by Wednesday, November 14, 2012 (or, if later, at such time as the number of rooms remaining on each date of the Room Block drops below ten) and is in addition to any other amount that may be payable to us (as provided above) for the unused room nights in the Room Block.

Hi girls, just wondering what florists you went through?
We are going to meet with Just Marry in September as they are going to provide the floral spray for the arch and my initial plan was to get silk flowers but now after thinking about it, my flowers and any ceremony floral are going to potentially get crushed in my suitcase so just wondering where you girls got your flowers through?
Thankyou :)

We are going to meet with Just Marry in September as they are going to provide the floral spray for the arch and my initial plan was to get silk flowers but now after thinking about it, my flowers and any ceremony floral are going to potentially get crushed in my suitcase so just wondering where you girls got your flowers through?
I'm booked with Greenery Productions! I've stalked their website and I love their work!

Just Marry also frequently uses Petals by Design who also do an amazing job!

Honestly, I'd just let your planner book the florist-- they know what's going on! :thumbsup2

I am using petal by design. Prices are phenomenal and they were so awesome to work with! You will love them

Here is my dilemma,

since we are getting a lot of people that are not going to come to the wedding the majority of our guests will be family and bridal party. I am thinking it may be worth it cost wise to cut out our cocktail hour. Our family will be taking pictures with us post ceremony and won't be at Fulton's to truly enjoy the cocktail hour. So here is our current timing

Ceremony 11am-11:30am
Cocktail Hour 12pm-1pm
Reception 1pm-4pm

If we cut the cocktail hour we can save about $800

So here are my thoughts what if we cut it so the timing goes like this

Reception 1-4pm

I am wondering if in this space of time there is enough to do the following...
*Take family pictures
*transport everyone to fulton's
*Have a character
(I really wanted a character but it just was not in our budget with everything else but I am hoping that with cutting back on the food in the reception due to people not coming and cancelling the cocktail hour maybe I could have at least one)

I know they would have to come to the swan so it would have to be done there but I guess I just want people's opinions on this. Help Ladies please

Teresa

Jessie sweetie
Another shout out for 'Petals by Design' Orlando!!! They did our floral and I couldn't have been happier!! Floral was very important to me and I had very definite ideas about what I wanted. They completely nailed it for me and my floral was everything I dreamed it would be!!!
Good luck with your decision, but I think all the florists JM use are pretty good and I am sure your planner will put your ideas out there to several different ones for quotes. At least, that is what Karen did for me!!!

Here is my dilemma,

since we are getting a lot of people that are not going to come to the wedding the majority of our guests will be family and bridal party. I am thinking it may be worth it cost wise to cut out our cocktail hour. Our family will be taking pictures with us post ceremony and won't be at Fulton's to truly enjoy the cocktail hour. So here is our current timing

Cocktail Hour 12pm-1pm
Reception 1pm-4pm

If we cut the cocktail hour we can save about $800

So here are my thoughts what if we cut it so the timing goes like this

Reception 1-4pm

I am wondering if in this space of time there is enough to do the following...
*Take family pictures
*transport everyone to fulton's
*Have a character
(I really wanted a character but it just was not in our budget with everything else but I am hoping that with cutting back on the food in the reception due to people not coming and cancelling the cocktail hour maybe I could have at least one)

I know they would have to come to the swan so it would have to be done there but I guess I just want people's opinions on this. Help Ladies please

Teresa

Teresa sweetie
I think cutting the cocktail hour would be a good move. $800.00 is quite a saving!!!
I am sure there will be enough time to get all you want to do done, even if you did add a character.
Good luck with your decision!!!

We used petals by design and the prices were really good and our flowers turned out beautifully. We booked them through Karen and it was around $630 for my bouquet (bridesmaid size), 2 arrangments, 2 pedestals rented to hold the arrangements, and 3 bouts all delivered and set up.

Thanks so much ladies for your thoughts about the flowers. I think we will go through Just Marry. I was considering doing it myself but I do think its just going to be easier to have someone else arrange it so I won't have to worry about it.

Speaking of which, after I was doing my budget today, we are getting up around $16k so now I am second guessing myself that maybe I should enquire into the FairyTale Disney Wedding, I am really confused and starting to second guess my choices.

Thanks so much ladies for your thoughts about the flowers. I think we will go through Just Marry. I was considering doing it myself but I do think its just going to be easier to have someone else arrange it so I won't have to worry about it.

Speaking of which, after I was doing my budget today, we are getting up around $16k so now I am second guessing myself that maybe I should enquire into the FairyTale Disney Wedding, I am really confused and starting to second guess my choices.
Jessie: it may help to sit down and take on the daunting task of comparing how much it would cost you to get what you want at DFTW. You may find that you won't get nearly as much as you're getting for $16k now from DFTW.

OR, feel free to post what you're doing and we can try to suggest alternatives/budget saving ideas.

Keep in mind that you're going to consider DFTW you will have to meet a minimum of $20k for a Saturday wedding (I believe).

We are pretty much in the same boat as you (our budget is $10k but when it's all said and done we know it will be more around the $13-15k range) but found that the same wedding would be costing us a lot more if we went through DFTW.

I'm booked with Greenery Productions! I've stalked their website and I love their work!

Just Marry also frequently uses Petals by Design who also do an amazing job!

Honestly, I'd just let your planner book the florist-- they know what's going on! :thumbsup2

I used Greenery Productions for our Swan wedding, at the recommendation from Karen, our JM planner. Tommy Murphy was FANTASTIC & a sweetheart to work with. Our flowers & table linens came out gorgeous-far exceeded our expectations! :lovestruc I would recommend Greenery Productions anytime :)

hi everyone,
i have been lurking on here for quite some time. My fiance and i went to visit the Swan and Dolphin resorts today and loved it.

I wanted to know, is there a guest limit? We are planning on inviting about 60 people or so (waaaay beyond the ESCAPE DFTW), but are on a limited budget, which is why we are looking into the S/D wedding now.

Thanks a bunch!

Hi and welcome!

There is no guest limit! I think the only place you can't have 60 people is the at West courtyard, I believe. I was also told they usually only let you use Lakeside terrace if you have 200 or more people.

The guest count is the main reason we went with S/D. We knew we wanted to invite around 50-60, and I knew I couldn't have that many for my budget through DTFW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter