• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

no problem!

sorry the $300 cd can be purchased for all the sessions as far as i know. it was from another email and i just pasted it on the bottom, thought it might be of interest. i hate that you only get a few pics with the packages, i would want all of them!

no problem!

sorry the $300 cd can be purchased for all the sessions as far as i know. it was from another email and i just pasted it on the bottom, thought it might be of interest. i hate that you only get a few pics with the packages, i would want all of them!

Oh, that's good news!! I would definitely want the CD so we could include the photos in a photobook! :thumbsup2

Amy sweetie - it is lovely to see you over here on the S/D board, but do tell me, are you thinking of switching? :confused: I know that you are having a stressful time with your planning at the moment!!

Amy sweetie - it is lovely to see you over here on the S/D board, but do tell me, are you thinking of switching? :confused: I know that you are having a stressful time with your planning at the moment!!

We are giving it serious thought ... we are so very disenchanted with DFTW right now, but I don't know that I can let go of the MK shoot (plus I'd hate to forfeit our deposit with DFTW). We are basically exploring alternatives now (and I ADORE the ceremony locations at the Swan), but I'm so hung up on the MK shoot that we'll probably end up sticking with Disney.

I understand. Isn't it funny how we brides (and VR brides) are all so different and unique!! In all my planning (even when I was going for the Escape package with DFTW), the MK shoot was just not high on my list of priorities. In fact, it wasn't even a consideration. I must say, I am grateful that it is not important to me, when you hear all the problems (quality, timing changes, rudeness etc) I am glad I did not consider it.
Good luck sweetie - I hope it all works out for the best, whatever is decided!!

I understand. Isn't it funny how we brides (and VR brides) are all so different and unique!! In all my planning (even when I was going for the Escape package with DFTW), the MK shoot was just not high on my list of priorities. In fact, it wasn't even a consideration. I must say, I am grateful that it is not important to me, when you hear all the problems (quality, timing changes, rudeness etc) I am glad I did not consider it.
Good luck sweetie - I hope it all works out for the best, whatever is decided!!

Thanks Joanne! :hug:

I figure that really, truly as long as I'm there with my honey and my family, that's all that really matters! :goodvibes

Are the prices they set for options in the Swan and Dolphin weddings set in stone? Or do they grant a little leeway? I am interested in having a floral bouquet but something really simple and not so extravagant. Would it still be at least 100 dollars? Does anyone know?

no problem!

Just as a follow-up to this, we received this info in an email from DPS today:

"We offer two types of discs with a copyright release for a bridal portrait session: Archival (can print up to 30x40) for $950 or a High res (can print up to 8x10) for $750"

:)

Are the prices they set for options in the Swan and Dolphin weddings set in stone? Or do they grant a little leeway? I am interested in having a floral bouquet but something really simple and not so extravagant. Would it still be at least 100 dollars? Does anyone know?

The prices are certainly not set in stone - that is one of the appealing things about S/D weddings/VRs!!! I started with the bare bones minimum package and added what I wanted and left out what I didn't!! I had very definite ideas about what I needed as regards floral, and although I have taken Karen's advice regarding which florist to chose (I trust her implicitly!!!), I certainly gave very direct instructions on what I wanted!!! I am having a larger cascade bouquet, so it is quite expensive. I am sure that you can have whatever you want. Just drop Karen an e-mail!!! Just a heads up though, wedding flowers are expensive and $100.00 is really not an unusual amount - even for a simple hand tied bridal posy!!! Good luck and let us know how you get on!! :goodvibes

The prices are certainly not set in stone - that is one of the appealing things about S/D weddings/VRs!!! I started with the bare bones minimum package and added what I wanted and left out what I didn't!! I had very definite ideas about what I needed as regards floral, and although I have taken Karen's advice regarding which florist to chose (I trust her implicitly!!!), I certainly gave very direct instructions on what I wanted!!! I am having a larger cascade bouquet, so it is quite expensive. I am sure that you can have whatever you want. Just drop Karen an e-mail!!! Just a heads up though, wedding flowers are expensive and $100.00 is really not an unusual amount - even for a somple hand tied bridal posy!!! Good luck and let us know how you get on!! :goodvibes

I know they tend to be expensive, it just upsets me lol. One of my favorite flowers are gerbera daisies. I can by three sets of like 8 organically grown perfect geberas from whole foods for 10 dollars a piece and my cost would be only 30 plus whatever ribbon I wanted. The markup on things is just pretty much disgusting.

I am sure you would be allowed to provide your own bouquet if that's what you wish to do!!!
The mark ups are high in the wedding industry for sure!!!

I know they tend to be expensive, it just upsets me lol. One of my favorite flowers are gerbera daisies. I can by three sets of like 8 organically grown perfect geberas from whole foods for 10 dollars a piece and my cost would be only 30 plus whatever ribbon I wanted. The markup on things is just pretty much disgusting.

You can absolutely bring your own flowers, that is what I am doing. Gerber daisies last forever. I have some growing in my back yard and I clipped a few and put them in a vase of water about 2 weeks ago and they still look the same as they did when I first clipped them. If you wanted to buy your own and just bundle them together with a pretty ribbon the night before you could probably save a small fortune. I'm leaning towards fake flowers myself, flowers are pretty but not super important to me so I'm going to get some pretty silk ones from Michaels and make a small bouquet to carry.

Yep, you certainly can bring your own flowers!! That's the great thing about Swan weddings :) You can just get the base ceremony, planner and location, and customize whatever else you want, such as different vendors, DIY anything you'd like, etc.
So basically, if you find something cheaper or want to just make your own things, you absolutely can :)
P.S. I'm doing daisies as well. I love them. So pretty!
Good luck!!

Just as a follow-up to this, we received this info in an email from DPS today:

"We offer two types of discs with a copyright release for a bridal portrait session: Archival (can print up to 30x40) for $950 or a High res (can print up to 8x10) for $750"

:)

Wow that's high. Where these disc prices so high because you aren't purchasing the printed photo packages at all? I think the $300 was in addition to the portrait session prices. i got the prices in Jan 2011, can't believe things changed that much in just a few months.

Wow that's high. Where these disc prices so high because you aren't purchasing the printed photo packages at all? I think the $300 was in addition to the portrait session prices. i got the prices in Jan 2011, can't believe things changed that much in just a few months.

Really! Just two months ago! Typical Disney. :rolleyes1

We asked if the prints could be given up for a better price on the CD and were told no, so the prices they gave me were just to add the CD.

Oh, and to answer Kristi's question, we aren't staying at the Swan either. We're all going to be at BLT on DVC points.

I have a question for you swan brides :)

Are any of you staying any nights at the swan/dolphin?

We are getting married at the Swan in December!!:cool1: We are staying at the Swan on the night before the ceremony, to make life much easier on ourselves! The caterer was able to get us a free room upgrade (not sure what it is yet, but I'm hoping for a theme park view!!!). We've never stayed at the Swan before, but we are excited. It looks lovely & the beds are supposed to be really comfy! We are moving to the WL on our wedding night:lovestruc

We are getting married at the Swan in December!!:cool1: We are staying at the Swan on the night before the ceremony, to make life much easier on ourselves! The caterer was able to get us a free room upgrade (not sure what it is yet, but I'm hoping for a theme park view!!!). We've never stayed at the Swan before, but we are excited. It looks lovely & the beds are supposed to be really comfy! We are moving to the WL on our wedding night:lovestruc

Yay! We are staying the night before and the night of! We need to book this asap! I wasn't sure if there were any specials going on or anything to look for! It seems like they would/should offer a discount to couples getting married there. I think there's something where they do if you have a reception, but that wouldn't be us.
But we are very excited about staying there! Haven't before :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter