Swan/Dolphin site shows a $10.00 service fee

snels

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I was just looking at the Swan and Dolphin web site. It looks like they are charging a daily fee of $10.00 in addition to the room rate. :confused3

It is a resort fee that includes daily high speed internet access, use of the health club and 2 bottled waters a day. I think it is kind of crazy to add features many might not want, but I still won't complain too much since I am paying half of what I would for another Epcot area resort.

It looks like the resort fee has returned. They eliminated this a couple of years ago - I think many people complained about being forced to pay for optional services. I made a ressie about a month ago, and it was not showing up at that time. I called and was told that it would not be added to existing reservations.

T

Many hotels have a service fee. I'm sure there is a reason for noting it as a fee and not including it in your rate. At the offsite hotels, you can get charged for the room safe and having a phone. It's not $10 but it's a charge.

One reason to us a fee for these services versus making it a part of the room rate is that is is taxed much less than if it were part of the room rate and this in turn actually saves you mone.

I was watching a show on the travel channel a few weeks ago, and they said that if you complain about being charged a fee for services that you didn't use, then you can usually have it removed. This was a general rule thing and not specific to any particular hotel or chain. So I guess if you are charged, it's worth a shot at asking for it to be removed from your bill.

I was watching a show on the travel channel a few weeks ago, and they said that if you complain about being charged a fee for services that you didn't use, then you can usually have it removed. This was a general rule thing and not specific to any particular hotel or chain. So I guess if you are charged, it's worth a shot at asking for it to be removed from your bill.

I tried this. Didn't work for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter