Swan/Dolphin compared to Lake Buena Vista Suites

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Looking for some unbiased opinions, as I am an admitted on-site snob & really can't give my sister a good opinion about this.

Her family is traveling April 8-15, so it is peak season. They include her, DH, DS age 6 & DS age 2.

She currently has the Lake Buena Vista Suites booked for 7 nights - an off-site hotel. It is a 1BR suite, sleeps 6 with a kitchen area. It includes free breakfast. Cost is $132 per night, which includes tax. They are renting a car, so transportation is not an issue.

We called WDW yesterday & there is really nothing in a Disney resort within her price range.

Called the Swan/Dolphin & she can get a teacher rate of $189 per night, including tax at the Dolphin - Swan is booked. Accommodations are regular room - not a suite or anything special. She will be able to empty the mini-fridge & use it at no cost as her son needs meds refrigerated. She put a room on hold.

I have stayed at the Swan before & it is a beautiful resort, beautiful pool, rooms are nice size, beds are cozy comfy & it is an absolute great location. I told her the selling point for me would be the location, especially considering they have a 2 year old & if he needs a nap or has a meltdown in the middle of the day one parent could easily return to the room & not worry about transportation back to the hotel.

Also, they have a character dinner booked one evening at EPCOT, so it would certainly be nice to just return to the resort via the Boardwalk.

I have never stayed at Lake Buena Suites (although I've stayed more than enough times off-site). I think it's great to have a suite, especially with young kids, I also think it's great to have breakfast included, however, they would have to pay for parking if they are off-site. I also think sometimes the convenience of on-site outweighs the money saving off-site. The difference in cost for the room would be about $400 total.

Any opinions at all would be appreciated, as I will forward them to her. TIA!

I would do the S/D.

There are mini-refrigs and flat screen TV's in the rooms now - they just did some refurbishing.

Location. location, location - plus from the ages of the kids they will love the large kiddie pool and the Grotto pool.

They will also love the boat rides to EPCOT and DHS - and an added plus the S/D qualifies for the extra magic hours.

The views of EPCOT, DHS, the boats/river, AK or gardens can not be beat.

We love the S/D.

(Our only reason not to stay there is to get DDP and less expensive rate at a WDW resort)

I would do the S/D.

There are mini-refrigs and flat screen TV's in the rooms now - they just did some refurbishing.

Location. location, location - plus from the ages of the kids they will love the large kiddie pool and the Grotto pool.

They will also love the boat rides to EPCOT and DHS - and an added plus the S/D qualifies for the extra magic hours.

The views of EPCOT, DHS, the boats/river, AK or gardens can not be beat.

We love the S/D.

(Our only reason not to stay there is to get DDP and less expensive rate at a WDW resort)
That is kind of my feeling, but like I said, I don't have an unbiased opinion.

Thanks for letting me know about EMH. I wasn't sure if S/D offered it.

Hi,
We have stayed at the Dolphin 5 times and think (as you do) that the location is just great. So much to do and so many places to eat!! Also by staying here, it would not be necessary to rent a car which would save some money - walk or ride the boat to Epcot and DHS.

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter