Swan and dolphin?

lexie32

DIS Veteran
Any tips on booking the swan or dolphin for May 2016? We really love the Epcot resort area but don't think we can run to the yacht or beach club even with free dining!

We've stayed at the Swan before and we really liked it, nice decor, good facilities, staff were all friendly, can use the buses/boats as normal. I agree the location of the Epcot resorts just can't be beaten in my mind. So nice to be able to just walk to the entrance of Epcot at International Gateway. I think the only reason we'd not return to the Swan is the fact we've usually had free dining on all subsequent trips. Can't remember the room number we had but was nice and quiet and overlooked the wedding pavilion or a wedding area.

I love the Yacht and Beach but our finances wouldn't stretch to it this year either so we've opted to try AKL which came out cheapest of all the deluxe for our dates and has free dining. Only thing I worry about with AKL is the location, but we will try and it and see if it works out!

We also liked Swan and Dolphin but has to be a really low rate for us to stay there due to the fees.
Remember to add on Resort fee ($23+tax/day), parking fee($18+tax/day) and dining costs to get a true comparison with the Disney resorts.

The parking and resort fee are a bit Ouch! and the self park is not exactly convenient either - the rooms are rather dated too- though v clean, they are starting a massive refurb of both hotels but its going to take a long time to complete.

If you can get a good deal go for it, just remember to price in the extra costs and its a big convention place- it lacks the Disney magic, Id happily stay again if the price is right though.

hi, we are staying here next month. is there a way to avoid the parking fee by keeping your car at either epcot, the boardwalk or hollywood studios or is that a stretch?

hi, we are staying here next month. is there a way to avoid the parking fee by keeping your car at either epcot, the boardwalk or hollywood studios or is that a stretch?
To park at a Disney resort you need to display a parking pass or it will be towed.
Epcot parking lot, you still have to pay and its miles away, right at the other side of the park.

We only stayed at the Swan because of a really low rate, not somewhere I would stay at regular rates, the fees are too much.

Natalie. I stayed at AKL in May last year with my daughter on a girls only trip. It was going to be my only opportunity as DH is adamant that resort is on the moon and it takes an age to get anywhere. Tosh. DTD was a murderous bus ride but apart from that we found the buses to be fine. No more than 20 minutes to anywhere else on the whole. Actually it is most slowed down by picking up at AKL first then going to Kidani Village next before heading off to the final destination. It's a very beautiful resort and the buses were really regular and efficient. AKL has a great fast food court for a deluxe. Far superior to the Beach Club where we have also stayed. Please don't worry about the buses. They are more than fine.

The Swan does have offers - AAA and government employee discounts. I've had both and it's brought the price down. I've taken my UK AA card as evidence of being a member and also teaching union card from the UK. When I've booked the Swan I've used the Loews website to get the offers.

Natalie. I stayed at AKL in May last year with my daughter on a girls only trip. It was going to be my only opportunity as DH is adamant that resort is on the moon and it takes an age to get anywhere. Tosh. DTD was a murderous bus ride but apart from that we found the buses to be fine. No more than 20 minutes to anywhere else on the whole. Actually it is most slowed down by picking up at AKL first then going to Kidani Village next before heading off to the final destination. It's a very beautiful resort and the buses were really regular and efficient. AKL has a great fast food court for a deluxe. Far superior to the Beach Club where we have also stayed. Please don't worry about the buses. They are more than fine.

Ah brilliant, thank you for this! Only planning on going to DTD to collect the $200 gift cards we also got for the early booking (as I believe that's where they are collected from!), other than that tend not to take a trip there because really we don't have any need. Will probably do that the first day to get it over with.

I'm not too bothered about a 20 minute bus ride, it's really not a long time and sometimes I think it's nice to sit and see the scenery before arriving to the parks. I suppose the perk of the Yacht/Beach is walking to Epcot and the boats to Hollywood Studios but didn't find the boats to be particularly fast either (although maybe it just seemed like a long time because of the stopping and starting) so I'm sure we will be absolutely fine. Nice to have a different experience too - stayed at AS Sports, Swan, plus both the Yacht and Beach more than once so no harm in trying AKL, I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter