• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan and Dolphin pool questions

Miss Park Avenue

Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
If you stay at one can you "hop" to the other's pool?

If not, which has the better pool? For kids, that is.

Does at least one of them have a water slide? Which one?

Thanks in advance! We are considering a stay there and never set foot in either place.

The hotels basically share the main Grotto pool which is between the two. It does have a fairly decent water slide for a hotel pool. There are also some more traditional lap pools within shouting distance. . I was very impressed with the pool facilities and thought they compared very well to the Disney Deluxe resorts... steve c

swan and dolphin share pools! :D They are the same. There is a "quiet" lap type pool a little closer to the dolphin's door and 1 over near the swan and anyone from either hotel can go into these, the large "theme" pool is in the middle. (but I think a little closer to the dolphin). ;)

MKY :cool:

And if you feel the need for a little warmth there is always the hot tubs

Is there a kiddie pool? How deep is the grotto pool?

Thanks

Yes, there is a kiddie pool and the deepest part of the Grotto pool is 5 ft. and some inches.

We stayed recently and this was the biggest attraction for my kids who are 11, 8, & 6. They LOVED the pool and made sure we were there everyday.

Originally posted by G-gang
Yes, there is a kiddie pool and the deepest part of the Grotto pool is 5 ft. and some inches.

We stayed recently and this was the biggest attraction for my kids who are 11, 8, & 6. They LOVED the pool and made sure we were there everyday.

Thanks. How deep is the shallow end? I have a (will be) 3 1/2 yo who is about 45" tall. Do they allow swimmies on arms?

The shallow end is 3 to 3 1/2 feet deep. They do allow swimmies and also have free life jackets. The kiddie pool is less than a foot deep, but rather boring--just a round hole with water in it.

Yes, arm swimmies are fine or you can get a life jacket when you get your towels--it's free. (Have your room key with you) I believe the shallowest part was 3ft. The pool really has a great set up--my kids enjoyed the pool that was closest to the lap pool on the Dolphin side b/c they could move all around w/ or w/out life jackets.:D

There is also a very nice children's play area on the beach, with a seal that squirts water. There are hammocks near by so you can relax (partially, anways!) while the kids live it up!

Debbie

Zero entry would be basically for handicap accessible. You could wheel a wheelchair or equivalent type of conveyance directly into the pool to allow a handicap person to access the pool. Kind of similar to a handi-cap shower in a room where there is no 'lip' around the edge.

Does that sound about right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter