*~Swan and Dolphin Picture thread!~*

10810003-Copy-Copy.jpg

10810007-Copy-Copy.jpg

10810092.jpg

set up during the F&W fest

Walking to the Boardwalk:
10810002-Copy-Copy.jpg

This thread has made me so so happy I picked the Dolphin for my honeymoon next year! These pictures are fabulous :D

Pics are awesome! Do you still feel the "magic" at this resort as it isn't in the dining plan etc.? How quick was your bus service to/from the parks?

Must tell you - I "feel the magic" MORE so at the Dolphin. :hippie: The resort is SO beautiful, with a touch of Disney. There is MORE than enough Disney Magic every where else you step foot, that the Dolphin gives you also the feel of five star resort - not JUST Disney. :thumbsup2

Pics are awesome! Do you still feel the "magic" at this resort as it isn't in the dining plan etc.? How quick was your bus service to/from the parks?

ditto what Singing Mom said!
There is nothing like waking up to horns from the ferry boats taking people to Epcot or DHS. For our family, we are AP holders (we visit at least 4 times a year) and we have TiW so we don't use the dining plan the only bus you have to take is to MK and AK and they run pretty frequently. Even though we are DVC members, it's not a complete trip unless we do a split stay at the Swan and Dolphin

We are planning a May 2012 trip and I thought I had finally settled on staying at POR. After looking through this thread and reading all the wonderful comments about the Swan and Dolphin, I am 100% convinced this is the place for us! Thanks to everyone who posted all these beautiful pictures!

We are planning a May 2012 trip and I thought I had finally settled on staying at POR. After looking through this thread and reading all the wonderful comments about the Swan and Dolphin, I am 100% convinced this is the place for us! Thanks to everyone who posted all these beautiful pictures!

We stayed at POR and "Dixie Landings" before staying at the Dolphin. You will NOT be disappointed, I promise!! :hippie:

I have been reading all sorts of DIS threads since I joined not long ago. Many of them had posts abt all sorts of WDW resorts and sort of made me think that The Swan and Dolphin were not in the same league--but in a bad way. :( Boy, was I wrong. I think DH and I are going to apply for the Amex card and start earning points for a free stay or two for our Nov. 2012 trip. This place is AMAZING!! And the rooms look like they'll accomodate our family of 5 very well.

Woooo-hooooo! Thank you to all of you who have posted.

Just booked the Dolphin for 4 nights at the end of this month =) Soo excited! I booked a King bed, resort view with balcony. I believe the lady said it was a deluxe...do they even have deluxe?

Can you take a boat to DHS?? How long is the walk to the boardwalk? Is Shulas worth the price? Any tips for us? I will be traveling with my hubby and 3.5 year old daughter. Thanks!!

Just booked the Dolphin for 4 nights at the end of this month =) Soo excited! I booked a King bed, resort view with balcony. I believe the lady said it was a deluxe...do they even have deluxe?

Can you take a boat to DHS?? How long is the walk to the boardwalk? Is Shulas worth the price? Any tips for us? I will be traveling with my hubby and 3.5 year old daughter. Thanks!!

Come join us at this thread to read everything you can possible ask about the Swan & Dolphin!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2566726&page=167

Yes, you can take a friendship boat to the Studios and to Epcot. The walk to the boardwalk is not bad at all - a nice stroll. Shula's is very much like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, if you have been to one of those. Prices are high, but if you enjoy steak, it is a good choice. The atmosphere is very relaxing.

Visit us at the other thread for more info! :hippie:

We are heading down to Oviedo over LDW and have decided to make it a "birthday trip" also. We are trying to make this as economical :rotfl2: as possible and so have decided to stay at the Dolphin. We have never stayed here before and are pretty excited! Anyways, we have 3 kids so I was wondering if anyone has any pics on how cramped the room will be with a rollaway bed crammed in! I figure it is just for one night. We can handle it. Actually, does anyone know if you can just bring a blowup mattress instead? That way we could just blow it up right before bedtime.

Thanks!!

Someone please post some Christmas pics of the Swan and help get us excited about our upcoming November trip (our first at the Swan).

Thanks. Looks great, beautiful exposure. I thought maybe like a night portrait setting, a quick flash for foreground, but long exposure for distance. I will have to try like yours.

Thanks. Looks great, beautiful exposure. I thought maybe like a night portrait setting, a quick flash for foreground, but long exposure for distance. I will have to try like yours.

I know with my camera, the Night Portrait setting is like an Auto mode; but it's mainly for handheld night shots of people. So you couldn't do a long exposure. Plus, it's uses a higher ISO, which creates noise.

But your thinking isn't far off. A flash could've been used here; but the railing and sails were already decently lit. But in manual mode (which i tend to use for my tripod shots), you could do a long exposure.... low ISO.... and still use a flash for the foreground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter