• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan and Dolphin ceremony and wishes dessert party at GF

dp911

Mouseketeer
I am planning a vow renewal and I still don't know if I want to go the Escape route or Swan and Dolphin. I have an appointment with Swan and Dolphin in May to help me decide.

Any tips, suggestions, stories would be great! I also didn't know you could have a dessert party at GF! If anyone has done that please tell me how it was! Can I wear my dress to that? It will not be a gown but probably a pretty tea length white or ivory dress.
My DH loves fireworks and that would make a beautiful ending to a long awaited day! We got married young and simple and still going strong after 13 years!

Thank you so much! I see Stephanie and Sam, even though they did their ceremony at swan and dolphin still wore a her beautiful white dress to the DP. Was that allowed because she did it at SD or you can wear it regardless of ceremony choice even if outside of Disney?

You can wear your dress outside the parks. So because she had her dessert party at the Grand Floridian she was allowed to wear her dress. You can wear your dress to any of the resort restaurants, etc. It's only when you go into the theme parks that you are then restricted to Disney Fairytale Weddings. You can plan a in park dessert party through catering, but you would not be able to wear an obvious wedding dress. (What you described might pass muster)

You are both so great and helpful!!! I was thinking it I do decide to do epcot DP, to wear my favorite color summer dress after the ceremony and change out of my simple white dress. (even it simple white I do not want to risk getting there and they are like go back and get changed.) Now I am looking at Fultons for the ceremony and reception!! I am making myself crazy with indecision.

I got married at the Swan and we went to epcot that night. I didn't wear my wedding dress but I had a white lace dress that I wore my husband wore dress pants a dress shirt and tie And one of my bridesmaids were her gown and we had no problems going into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter