SWA

Just checked it out what did they did is raise the prices then it shows a slash through the fare and the 50% off cost which is the same as before, big disappointment.

Thanks! Booked my flight for October. Last week from Manchester, NH to Orlando was showing $323, got it for $165 tonight.

Also just booked from Manchester, NH. I used points but as of Sunday when we booked a room for late September, flights we’re going to be about 75,000 (approx $750 in cash value) r/t for 3 of us. Today I booked for 44,000 (about $440). They probably inflated prices a bit, but still a great deal.

Just booked 10/08 from DAL to MCO, returning 10/12. Apparently we've decided to travel on Columbus Day weekend. DOH! Anyhow, rates have been consistently high since I began checking about a month ago. We nabbed the return flights for 5,500 ($89) points each and the departure was around 10,000 ($124), so I am pleased with this deal. There's a chance the departure flights will still go down a tad, but since we booked on points, I'm calling it good enough. :D

Thanks for mentioning this! I would not have checked and gotten some flight credits if you had not mentioned this. I will be able to use the flight credits for our March air to Orlando when I book that.

I rebooked my flights to from St. Louis to Denver for Sept. 26 thru Oct. 1. Interestingly enough the two one way flights I had booked with points I didn't rebook as point costs were higher not lower for one of those and the same for the other. Looks like they are doing dollar deals, but not point deals?? For the other six one way flights my total savings ended up being about $285 (e.g. three one way $158 flights are now $130, one $147 flight is now $87, and two $158 flights are now $87.). (It may be a 50% off sale, but I am comparing the fares I already had booked back in April to the fares that I re-booked today.)

It's really easy to change the flights (actually in my case just rebook the very same flights I already had), so the time it took for me to do this was definitely worth it to now have $285 in vouchers that I can use. Appreciate your having posted the fare sale info OP.

Last edited:
Yeah! I’ve been tracking points for DH and I to go on a multi-city trip. Points today where a little more than half what they were over the last 2 weeks.
I’m thrilled!!!

Interestingly enough the two one way flights I had booked with points I didn't rebook as point costs were higher not lower for one of those and the same for the other.
If you rebook using the promo code SAVE50, the points flights are also on sale. But you cannot directly change them because there is no place to put in the promo code on the "change" page.

It is worth the hassle for enough points saved - I saved 8000ish pts for 1 person round trip while securing a better departure time (other person was booked $ so an easier change).

One of my trips that I booked right away was more expensive, but still much cheaper than it had been last week. Another trip I saved a ton of money.

I used the code earlier today and got direct RT philadelphia to nashville for 11,400 points in Sept, then added my husband on as my companion. I also booked RT philadelphia to new orleans for 13k points for October (no direct though) and added my husband to that too.

does sw usually add flights? looking at Dec. got non stop phl to fll.

return no non stop and only early morning flights

weird

Canceled our Oct flights (family of 4) to and from MCO and rebooked using the promo. Banked 20,000 RR points in savings! Yippee
ETA: I paid with points, but the cash value of our flights PHL-MCO and also MCO-PHL was just $80 (5003 pts) each way!

Last edited:
Booked from Omaha to Orlando 10/13-10/18. Non stop flights both ways. 3 R/T tickets using points and paid cash $200. We have not been back to Disney since 2015. We are super excited.

Just checked it out what did they did is raise the prices then it shows a slash through the fare and the 50% off cost which is the same as before, big disappointment.

A friend got $45 credit. I used points, got 4200 back (had to cancel and rebook).

Got some voucher saving for previous cash purchases per earlier post. The flights, though, I had booked for 11,600 points by the time I got online to see about point savings were now over 35,000 points, so 1/2 off was more expensive point wise than what I originally booked. Appreciate the info about how to rebook points for the sale, though, so will know for future and maybe jump on earlier during the sale period and get some savings next time. Happy relatively decent priced flying everyone. I really like SWA too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter