• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWA Savings Opportunity

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I don't fly SWA (yet) but for those that do, I wanted to let you know about a "deal" I found.

I'm sure if you've read the budget board for any length of time, you know about online rewards sites such as Ebates, MyPoints and Sunshine Rewards, just to name a few. Well, I was searching around on drugstore.com today and found out that they offer $50 and $100 SWA gift cards. The deal is that, depending on which site you use, those gift cards ARE eligible for the rebate. I searched through Sunshine Rewards which offers 5% and also Ebates which offers 6%. It isn't a lot, but every little bit helps:thumbsup2.

I hope this helps someone. As soon as SWA comes to my airport (GRR, once the AT merger is complete) I'm sure we'll start flying with them too.

great idea!! We are waiting for SWA at GRR too! And hello to a fellow Western Michigander, DIS Board-er, and Sunshine Reward-er! :)

Or you can just buy a meal combo at Wendy's. Right now each cup has a QR code for a $10 SWA coupon on it.

Or you can just buy a meal combo at Wendy's. Right now each cup has a QR code for a $10 SWA coupon on it.

Can those be used when you cash in RR points???? I am planning a bday trip for my DH and that would help out!

I don't fly SWA (yet) but for those that do, I wanted to let you know about a "deal" I found.

I was searching around on drugstore.com today and found out that they offer $50 and $100 SWA gift cards.

Just remember you can only use up to 4 gift cards &/codes per transaction on Southwest.

So if your ticket is higher priced, you may want to buy the higher $100 denomination amounts.

Is there a free shipping code for Drugstore.com. They want to charge 4.95 shipping and at 6% back that only leaves 1.05 in savings.

ok what is a QR code?
Quick Response code.

They are those square codes that you scan with your smartphone. They take you to a website connected to the business that sponsors the QR. I've seen them on price tags in Best Buy, grocery store flyers (for coupons) and emails from various companies.

Does anyone know how to get around drugstore.com's $4.95 shipping fee. That almost defeats the purpose of getting 6% back.

Does anyone know how to get around drugstore.com's $4.95 shipping fee. That almost defeats the purpose of getting 6% back.

Hmmmm...I know they do free shipping for orders over $25, but I assume that the GC totals aren't counted towards that amount. Maybe if they have some staples that you'd need anyways, you could add $25 worth to your order:confused3??

I find that their prices on the Walgreen's brand Zyrtec is comparable to what we pay right down the street. If I need to "top off" my order, I just add some of that since my DD needs it anyways. Pain relievers and ChapStick are my other "go-to" items when I need to top off my order.

It says shipping is free but this is some kind of shipping surcharge. Not sure what it's for.

It says shipping is free but this is some kind of shipping surcharge. Not sure what it's for.

I noticed that too...hmmm....I've never seen it before on any of my orders, but I have never ordered physical gift cards either.

Shipping Surcharges

When do shipping surcharges apply?

Please note that shipping surcharges could apply in the following scenarios:

Items Requiring Special Handling/Scheduled Delivery

Items that require special handling or scheduled delivery may have shipping surcharges applied. These may include items that are seasonal, perishable, specialty, oversize, or require installation, as well as certain gift cards from other retailers. The site will indicate any shipping surcharges during checkout before you place your order.

I just got an email from ebates that they are giving 12% on drugstore.com so it may be worth ordering now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter