SWA price match? (long)

Padre Disney

<font color=009999>No longer the Tagless Lurker!
Just wondering:
Back in November we made group reservations for 11 on SWA. I had looked single ticket prices up the on the internet but since it was a large group I had to call group resrvations to get the seats. So when I called the gave me a price that was about $5 bucks cheaper then the internet but I figured maybe we got a little discount because we had a large group.
Paid our deposit and all is well.
In early January son's girlfriend decides to go with us. Look up adding a ticket on line and it is around $475 for a ticket. I called the group ticket and asked about another ticket and they added another ticket and gave us a youth fare of $380. Didn't expect them to give us the lower fee we had been told (which was $225) but was happy with $380 instead of $475.
Final payment is due Feb 2nd. We send the remaining balance on 1/23. Checked today and we can get a ticket on the same flight for only $254. I called and asked if we could get credited the difference between the $380 and $254 and they agreed to give us the ticket for $303. Guess I am happy we are getting a little refund but the final payment has not even been applied. They told me I could only get the $254 if I booked it on line and then cancelled the extra ticket we have on hold BEFORE they apply our payment (which is not due until 2/2) But we sent early. So we are suppose to get $77 credit but it should have been $126. :confused:

The way you described it, I think you should be expecting $77 credit ($380-303)

But maybe if you try calling back, you can get $126, ahtough I doubt it.

Well, this is one of the issues with group ticketing. However, the advantage is that you had several months to pay which you would not have had on any other plan.

The ticket I am asking about was not in the contract and was only added about 3 weeks ago.
Had I purchased the ticket 3 weeks ago It could have been purchased on line at $475. If I would have bought the ticket then and found the better price today ($254) wouldn't they have credited me the difference anyway?confused:

I guess I am frustrated because this ticket could have been dropped at anytime without any penalty because it was not in out contract. Our final payment on our orginal 11 tickets is not due until feb 2. So I could have called at anytime and dropped that ticket.
I guess I am just a little frustrated that in order for us to get the full correct credit I would have to call and drop the $380 ticket then order a new ticket on line at $254.
If SWA is willing to drop to $303 why not the $254?

It's not that much money really but I have read where others have found lower prices on tickets and gotten SWA to credit them back the amounts they have found on the internet.

You can contact SW and ask for an additional refund since the money wasn't due BUT by adding the person to your group you were GUARANTEED savings off the $475 fare. You had an option of booking on the internet and HOPING the fare would go down.

Originally posted by Padre Disney
The ticket I am asking about was not in the contract and was only added about 3 weeks ago.
Had I purchased the ticket 3 weeks ago It could have been purchased on line at $475. If I would have bought the ticket then and found the better price today ($254) wouldn't they have credited me the difference anyway?confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter