SWA Premier Visa CC

rrcortes

Earning My Ears
Has anyone applied for this?? Am I missing something, or if you are approved, after your first purchase with the card, you will get 50,000 points?? Then turn around and use those points for flights?? If so, how long does it really take to see the points show up to use?
Seems to good to be true...any input is appreciated.
Thanks

The 50,000 point promotion has ended. The offer is currently 25,000 points. It takes 6-8 weeks after using the card for the first time for the points to show up in your Rapid Rewards account. Also, there is a $99 annual fee. Hope this helps.

Edited to add: I guess the annual fee is $69 for the card if you get the 25,000 points. Ours is $99 b/c we got 50,000 points. Here's the link from SW:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/productbox

A&M Mommy...I did get approved yesterday for the premier card w/ 50,000 points yesterday (came thru an email). Not sure about the offer you linked. The big ? for me is if it really takes the 6-8 weeks to receive the points?? I'm in the process of planning my trip for May 17th.
Thanks

A&M Mommy...I did get approved yesterday for the premier card w/ 50,000 points yesterday (came thru an email). Not sure about the offer you linked. The big ? for me is if it really takes the 6-8 weeks to receive the points?? I'm in the process of planning my trip for May 17th.
Thanks

Yes, it does. My DH was also approved for this offer and used his card for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. No points yet. He called SW and they confirmed it takes 6-8 weeks for the points to hit your RR account.

It didn't take that long to receive mine. I got my card on Feb 6. I don't remember what day I applied but it took about 10 days to get it. I made my first purchase with it on Feb 7. I checked my account the day before yesterday (Feb 25) and my points had been credited. So from the time I got my card until the time I got my points was 22 days.

I believe you don't get the points until after your first billing statement is issued. I had requested a change in due dates on mine so that may have caused it to be issued earlier - I don't know.

Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my points have already been awarded :banana:

I got 3 tickets with my 50,000 points with a few left over. They were credited to my account the day after the first statement was issued.

Hey eeyore...did you just call ask them to move up your billing cycle?? Haven't gotten my card yet, but on my chase account, the cc shows up and already says when my bill will be due!! I guess I'm just worried about when the bonus points will show up and be ready to use!

Hey eeyore...did you just call ask them to move up your billing cycle?? Haven't gotten my card yet, but on my chase account, the cc shows up and already says when my bill will be due!! I guess I'm just worried about when the bonus points will show up and be ready to use!

Yes, I just called and asked them to change my date. When I had first looked at it online it was showing a later closing date so I just asked if they could change it to coincide with my other bills. They were very nice and helpful.

Hope you get your points in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter