SWA lower fare credit?

kryskay16

Earning My Ears
Hello, I know this has probably been asked before, but my searches have lead me nowhere so please excuse the repeat.

I booked my SWA fares several months ago. Twelve tickets, purchased by the same credit card, in three seperate transactions (4 tickets each time.) I purchased the "Wanna Get Away" ticket. I've noticed that the fares have dropped a good $20-$30 each way. Am I eligible for a credit on the Wanna Getaway fares? If so, how do I get the credit online? Or do I have to call?

Also, I booked all twelve tickets with my credit card but with of course each ticket in each individual flyer's name. Would a credit be in their name only? Can it be credited to an account of mine somehow?

Any help is appreciated. I'm so clueless with this.

To get a credit you must go to the SW website. Click on change flight.
Enter the info and get a credit. You will have to do this for each ticket.
I believe you get a credit for each person not a lump sum. Good for a year.
FYI - beginning in January 2011 the person named on the credit is the only person who can use the credit. It is not a credit to your credit card, but a credit with SW.

Thanks so much for the info! I seen the change button but I was afraid to hit it. I thought that making any changes had incurred a fee.

No charge for ticket changes on southwest. Just a warning though, there may not be enough lower fare tickets for you to get the credit on all of the tickets that you purchased. Airlines typically only have a specific number of tickets at different fares (not necessary "wanna get away" or "business select").
Just an FYI so you don't panic when the fare goes up part way thru your change process.

I just changed my tickets (5) for December and got a $150 credit which I used to purchase 2 tickets in May. The tickets were purchased by me but were not all in my name and I was able to use all the credits. One caveat was I could only use 3 credits at a time so I had to break the trip into two one way tickets. I also had to use the correct names for each credit even though they all had the same confirmation number. I did hear that this policy may change so check beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter