• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWA 206.70 RT from BDL Hartford to MCO

Mr. Potato Head

Earning My Ears
I am able to get a rate of 206.70 round trip per person out of Hartford CT to MCO Orlando. Can anyone tell me if this is a good rate, or am I better off waiting? Thanks for all you help.

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head
I am able to get a rate of 206.70 round trip per person out of Hartford CT to MCO Orlando. Can anyone tell me if this is a good rate, or am I better off waiting? Thanks for all you help.

I got 176.50 rt/ns. What are your dates?

I am leaving on May 21 and returning May 30. We could have also gotten a rate of 176 if we chose to depart at 8:00am on the 30th but instead chose the 2:25pm flight, which had a higher rate. We were afraid we may oversleep and miss the early flight. Normally we fly Delta/Song but right now they are 262.00. I have never flown Southwest before, so I guess what I am wondering is, currently the lower rates for the 30th say unavailable for the afternoon flight. Do you think that eventaully this will open up, or should I just take the 206 and run and not take my chances. Thanks again for your help.

If you could consider flying into Tampa, it would cost you 178.20 pp/ns. Flight times: Depart Hartford (BDL) at 12:15 PM
Arrive in Tampa (TPA) at 3:10 PM
Depart Tampa (TPA) at 2:45 PM
Arrive in Hartford (BDL) at 5:35 PM

The drive from Tampa is very easy and is about 75 minutes. We have done it in the past and find it to be just fine.
If the fares are sold out now, I would not count on them opening up again.

Another alternative: Depart Hartford (BDL) at 6:05 PM
Arrive in Orlando (MCO) at 8:50 PM or
Depart Hartford (BDL) at 10:55 AM
Arrive in Orlando (MCO) at 1:45 PM
Depart Orlando (MCO) at 8:20 AM
Arrive in Hartford (BDL) at 11:00 AM (sort of stinky time) cost: 176.70 pp.

You could also stay until Monday, the flights are really available on that Monday. :)

$200 R/T for he EXACT FLIGHT you want is a decent fare. Gail has already shown you that if you're a little flexible you can save a little.

If the fares go down you can get a credit. I've seen SW add discounted seats later but generally once the allocation of deeply discounted seats are sold out you have to find a different flight or pay more.

Just for Ha ha's I looked on their site, found 186. and change. How many seats do you need? I'm paying the same as Gail leaving this Sunday. Their web site is very easy to use...I agree with Gail, sold out is usually sold out on Southwest. I would not wait.
Gretchen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter