SW what now

Tab2Disney

Mouseketeer
We have plans to be in Orlando in April. I have been pricing tickets and had just about decided to get annual passes for our family.
I just can't bring myself to do it now...
I guess its possible things will change down the line, but with this news, I can't imagine going there and not thinking of this.(the trainer dieing)
I know there are bad things everywhere, I wouldn't skip Disney because of the monorail acciddent. But this is a hugh part of a SW day.
Its just to fresh at the moment.
I am so sorry for her family and co-workers, and the people who witnessed the event.

Prayers for everyone!

I understand and I'm conflicted too...
We are not doing Disney this year but planned for Sea World to be our major event......
It just makes me feel so sad.........:confused3

We probably will go to support SW generally... but I still feel strange.
Hugs to you:grouphug:

We have plans to be in Orlando in April. I have been pricing tickets and had just about decided to get annual passes for our family.
I just can't bring myself to do it now...
I guess its possible things will change down the line, but with this news, I can't imagine going there and not thinking of this.(the trainer dieing)
I know there are bad things everywhere, I wouldn't skip Disney because of the monorail acciddent. But this is a hugh part of a SW day.
Its just to fresh at the moment.
I am so sorry for her family and co-workers, and the people who witnessed the event.

Prayers for everyone!

We have passes to Sea World and will continue to go. I think it is important to support the crew members.

We continue to go to Disney after all the deaths last year.

I am feeling the same way, we are going the last week of March. We are still planning on going because the kids are very excited for it but I have always been a little worried about the Animals.

Maybe some will feel I'm simplifying this too much, but I think the trainer involved would not want people to feel this way. She dedicated her life (literally) to working, researching and helping the public learn about these (what I'm sure she would call) magnificant creatures.

It is a sad and terrible thing that happened...some may call it an accident, I'll just say incident...but as we've all heard and said, you can't blame the trainer and you certainly can't blame a whale that can reach up to 18,000 lbs. As long as Sea World remains in operation, I think it would show the most respect to this trainer and the others there to keep visiting and learning about not only the whales but all the other fascinating residents there. :flower3:

All the hype of the death will pass in a little while. Dozens of people get injured/die at theme parks every year, some of which you never even hear about. I wouldn't worry too much into it, they're trained to cope with situations like that (She was just unlucky, however). Don't let anything like that ruin your fun. :goodvibes

I know when we went to DHS and seen the Indiana Jones Show I thought of the actor who was killed during his rehearsal show, and of course when I seen the monorail I thought of the young man who passed.

I know I will feel the same when I visit SeaWorld in Nov. and see the whales but It will not stop me from going there, I absolutely love it there and so do my kids.

Thank you all for the help. I think I'll give it some time. Although I know I won't forget, maybe it won't be as difficult to handle in the future.
It won't be a problem to wait and get tickets right before we leave.

Thanks again!
:hug:

Maybe some will feel I'm simplifying this too much, but I think the trainer involved would not want people to feel this way. She dedicated her life (literally) to working, researching and helping the public learn about these (what I'm sure she would call) magnificant creatures.

It is a sad and terrible thing that happened...some may call it an accident, I'll just say incident...but as we've all heard and said, you can't blame the trainer and you certainly can't blame a whale that can reach up to 18,000 lbs. As long as Sea World remains in operation, I think it would show the most respect to this trainer and the others there to keep visiting and learning about not only the whales but all the other fascinating residents there. :flower3:

Really well said! I wholeheartedly agree!

I totally agree too :) RIP Dawn

Heatherpage you should be the one posting on all the stupid comments that are made about his incident. Kudos to you. People talk about putting this animal down, I am sure Dawn would not have wanted that. We will be going there the end of March as well.

I agree. Even her family said she was doing what she loved. How many people can really say that? I would hate for this to harm Sea World in any way. They do tremendous work for conservation efforts and a trip or two to Sea World is always a relaxing break from our other park visits.

Good posts on this thread - its always great to have issues sensibly discussed.
I am always in two minds about captive wild creatures. I love Seaworld and Discovery Cove and I absolutely believe that the trainers and keepers of the animals have animal welfare at the heart of everything they do. I still don't feel comfortable with the shows though and much prefer Pets Ahoy because domestic animals crave human company and seem to enjoy performing (especially the dogs :thumbsup2)
What a terrible tragedy yesterday and how sad that the sections of the media made it so much worse by some repulsive reporting styles.
My family are booked to do the VIP tour Good Friday and it will be difficult not to think about yesterdays events. On reflection I agree that we can support Seaworld workers by letting them continue their conservation work and I agree that to work somewhere like that is a labour of love :lovestruc.

We leave tmmrw for SeaWorld so I understand the "what now" feeling but tickets are bought vacation time is set house sitting is lined up...so we will go...if we go and its just too *much* we will use the BG passes and MK GAD and write it up to rolling with the punches

We leave tmmrw for SeaWorld so I understand the "what now" feeling but tickets are bought vacation time is set house sitting is lined up...so we will go...if we go and its just too *much* we will use the BG passes and MK GAD and write it up to rolling with the punches
Have a good time! There is plenty to do at SW w/o seeing the orca shows. Clyde and Seamore is a riot and the dolphins are great!

I totally respect all opinions on that and I am really really sad because of this accident (or incident) :sad1:

But I don´t feel like it would be a good reason to end the whale programm, the Shows or neither to skip Seaworld now! :confused3

I LOVE Seaworld, and the Orca shows (whichever is played) are a really BIG portion of Seaworld to me. First thing what comes to mind is SHAMU.
Whenever you ask someone here in Germany, noone knows about Manta, Kraken, Atlantis, Horizons or Clyde. They DO KNOW Shamu!

What a sad sad day for Seaworld, for the Trainers, for the Managers, for the visitors BUT LIFE GOES ON!
Really smart people said "the show must go on" and this is how I feel!

Trainers love their jobs and they do it BRILLIANT. What should they do then? Feed the Manatees?
NO, let them do what they are there for! Let them play and let us go their and show them our respect!

As manys of you, I totally agree that you can see it always 2 ways and of course you do... (about captivity and stuff) But hey, they are GOOD!
They are a BUSINESS Company and Seaworld IS a THEMEpark but they are doing a good job in recreation and animal protection and I will go and support them.

One part I will never agree with! Noone should even think about laying Tillikum down!! :scared1:

I hope that they will see it like me and that they will get back to business soon.
I wouldn´t stop the show like I wouldn´t stop the Monorails in Disney either... Or Mission:Space, or Rock´n Roller Coaster!

I will also be going to Sea World for Spring Break, thgis is the San Antonio park but I truely belive this is a freak accident and will continue to go to Sea World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter