• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SW Presidents weekend help PIT

disneysherrym

Earning My Ears
I am looking to do a quick trip in Feb from Pittsurgh. SW released fares this morning to cover my dates 2/14 - 2/18 (Thurs to Mon). The lowest non-stop fare I can get is $337 per person. So for the two of us that is $674.00. I know that low fares are a thing of the past but we are going end of Sept and there are 3 of us flying SW for $675. I realize this is a very busy time of the year for flying to Florida. Just looking for thoughts on if you would go ahead and purchase or hold off a little. What are you opinions these fares?:scared:

I have held off purchasing, in part b/c I am waiting for my 50,000 points to post to my SW account. The last two years I have traveled from the Boston area for President's Week. The first year we couldn't book when they opened and I feared there would be no trip due to prices, but there was a sale (twice) and I was able to book and later get a credit. Last year I booked right when they opened and the price just kept going up and up before I could complete the transaction. Then later there was a sale and prices went down. So, this year I am holding off and will be checking SW daily for prices. I didn't ever see Jet Blue's prices drop from when they opened, but SW still had fluctuations. I am guessing by the end of September I will have booked something.

September is one of the few times of year that the weather in Pittsburgh is better than the weather in Orlando. The kids are just back in school after a summer off. Etc. etc. etc. In contrast, by mid February, even the mild winters in Pgh start to really stink. So, it is no surprise that fares in February are higher than they are in September. Don't try to compare the two.

I am looking to do a quick trip in Feb from Pittsurgh. SW released fares this morning to cover my dates 2/14 - 2/18 (Thurs to Mon). The lowest non-stop fare I can get is $337 per person. So for the two of us that is $674.00. I know that low fares are a thing of the past but we are going end of Sept and there are 3 of us flying SW for $675. I realize this is a very busy time of the year for flying to Florida. Just looking for thoughts on if you would go ahead and purchase or hold off a little. What are you opinions these fares?:scared:

Well, Spirit out of Latrobe is $216 R/T--but they charge extra for just about everything. I am to chicken to fly with them, but it may be worth checking into.

I did notice that since the SW and AirTran merge, the deals out of PIT seem pretty few and far between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter