SW just OPENED to DECEMBER 10, 2006

We're leaving Dec 10 it's showing $145 right now. But I think we will wait. We waited on Sept 30 and finally got it at $59.

TimNDansMom said:
Did you tell her you'll be right down, Janet? ;)

Well, I think we might wait until a better fare for the beginning of December comes along, either the Tuesday special or a DING. I have to talk to DH too and get our dates in place. It would be soooo nice if Disney would extend the current room only code into December too!

I thought the 1 800 number for SWA was only good in the US and that you had to call the long distance number from Canada?

I told her that I was waiting until I retire. Won't be able to afford my trips if I'm living there! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I called the 1800# which states only good in the US but it worked!

j

Please educate me on this SW price dancing thing.
We want to book 6 seats for Oct. - Buffalo to Orlando. I am getting a rate of $311.60 per person by calling the toll free number 800-435-9792

Now, seems like most of you are booking online because it is cheaper. How does this work? I know I am required to pay right away but what is the strategy to get the best rates? What day should I call?

Thanks so much for any helpful hints...

We are booking online. If the price goes down after it's booked you can go back and get a credit for future travel for the difference. I've never booked it by telephone so can't help you there.

Once it's booked you can then watch for sales and dings to see if it goes down or just pop onto the website every once in a while to see if there's a change.

Julie -- did get the vouchers in the mail which now expire Dec 15th I think so may just have to take a trip again early December esp. since we also have a credit from the price drop for the trip home. Hopefully there will be good room rates for a long weekend.

Janet - are you sure you have enough points or is there something you aren't telling us? :rotfl:

Fiona

cdnmickeylover said:
Janet - are you sure you have enough points or is there something you aren't telling us? :rotfl:

Fiona

:lmao: ;)

Fiona, I think I see a little get together in order, if we do go in early December, too!!! DH received a $200 voucher because we drove to Buffalo last Saturday to pick up his luggage which didn't arrive back with him the day before. We decided to make a day of it but SW would have delivered it too. This is the first time he's been offered a voucher to pick up delayed luggage himself. Anyway, I'm wondering if that $200 can be applied to the total amount if we use it to travel together? It expires in a year.

Maybe that 1 800 number will work for me too, Janet. I don't recall if I've ever tried it but that's interesting!

Julie - We're now going Dec 6-10th. Jim was idle this afternoon, priced it out and said to book it! Going to go to MVMCP on my birthday and will hopefully see the candlelight processional as well. Going to stay at Coronado Springs where we haven't stayed before just to be different.

Would love a meet there!!

The credit from the October airfare was just burning a whole in the pocket I guess.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Fiona

Tim and Dans mom

those luggage delay vouchers are good if you use them at the airport ( you cannot take advantage of internet/ding fares with them )

however, we did find out that after you have travelled, you can send a request to the Customer Service along with proof you have travelled and the voucher......once they see the ducks are all in a row.....they will issue you a credit to your credit card.....it takes about 4 weeks to get the credit....

by using this method you can take advantage of internet/ding specials and still get "money credited" for that flight from the voucher they gave you for the delayed luggage albeit "after you travel"

... the alternative is having to go to the airport to purchase the ticket ( hard when you are so far away ....although for us we are only 15 miles from BUF ) and not getting the "GOOD" fares

as far as the voucher goes they must have a sliding scale, since mother in law was offered 100$ or delivery when he luggage was left on the tarmac in BWI on her trip from Ft myers last year meaning the farther they have to deliver it into canada the more they will offer to have you pick it up....we did have a slight problem at the border when we explained what had happened.... (since she was not with us when we got the luggage....) ....they suggested in the furture we take her if it happens again...

cdnmickeylover said:
Julie - We're now going Dec 6-10th. Jim was idle this afternoon, priced it out and said to book it! Going to go to MVMCP on my birthday and will hopefully see the candlelight processional as well. Going to stay at Coronado Springs where we haven't stayed before just to be different.

Would love a meet there!!

The credit from the October airfare was just burning a whole in the pocket I guess.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Fiona

I am going to be there during that time too.. We are going from the 6th to the 15th of December not doing the MVMCP but we want to go the candlelight processional. is there a good night that is better than others for that?

That is cool that so many of us will be there at the same time!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for that info lawgs. I remember the agent in the baggage claim saying something about using the voucher at the airport or sending in the voucher after the flight, although the back of the voucher doesn't state this. He didn't mention anything about Internet or DING fares.

This was the second time that DH's luggage was delayed coming in from a transfer in Chicago. The first time, however, SW didn't offer a voucher and DH even stayed over in Detroit to collect it the next morning because we were leaving that day on a trip. This time was he flew from Buffalo.

On our way into the US, the border guy had us wind down the back window and open the trunk, taking our car keys with him. We had the luggage delay form ready but he didn't ask to see it.

Fiona, DH has another Rapid Rewards Certificate and now the voucher but I'm not sure if he wants to use either if we can get a great DING fare but it's tempting! I was thinking a little earlier than you've booked, but we'll see. I haven't really done any research yet, as all my focus is on our Disneyland trip next weekend.

mousy_in_canada said:
I am going to be there during that time too.. We are going from the 6th to the 15th of December not doing the MVMCP but we want to go the candlelight processional. is there a good night that is better than others for that?

That is cool that so many of us will be there at the same time!!!! :cool1:

The Candlelight Processional is done 3 times a night. I don't think it makes much of a difference which night you go except the narrators are different so if there is someone you want to see more wait until that night. You can buy the dinner package with reserved seating at the CP or you can just show up and get in the standby line.

Last year we saw Eartha Kitt and she was wonderful.

tim and dans mom

This was the second time that DH's luggage was delayed coming in from a transfer in Chicago

now this is funny sorta....

when i flew from buffalo to las vegas last january on the way down went via chicago since i thought it would get me into las vegas earlier than the non stop

lo and behold when i arrived at 12 or so....one of my bags was missing.....when i checked with baggage they said they had some conveyor problems at midway and to wait for the next flight from chicago to come in....after three flights and still no luggage went to rental car and hotel around 6 pm ( buffalo non stop would have gotten me there at 4 pm and i would have been on my way by 4:30 )

went back at 11 pm that night to see if they had found my baggage.....NOTHING.....luckily for me there was a supervisor who knew a few tricks about looking for "baggage" and she found my bag sitting on the tarmac at salt lake city.....NO Southwest tag visible and luggage strap missing ( the ones you wrap around the luggage for quick identification )...she arranged for it to be sent to las vegas for the next morning....

morale of story is ..... i have been hesitant to book any connecting flights through midway ever since.....

your anecdote....just further firms up my belief that something is amiss with baggage handling at Midway Chicago

another aside....while waiting to board the flight to las vegas we saw a baggage train travelling too fast lose a bag off its cart .....it took almost 15 minutes before it was picked up .....all this in the rain....Maybe it was my bag...although it did not look like it at the time.....

smilawgs

"another aside....while waiting to board the flight to las vegas we saw a baggage train travelling too fast lose a bag off its cart .....it took almost 15 minutes before it was picked up .....all this in the rain....Maybe it was my bag...although it did not look like it at the time....." smilawgs

Geesh and we wonder why our luggage gets so dinged up! That doesn't give me much confidence in the airport luggage system if it takes them that long to pick up a dropped bag!

I only just said to DH that maybe he shouldn't pass through Chicago if at all possible. I'm going to pass along your experience to him too!

We are travelling to California next week and on the way down we will transfer in Phoenix and Chicago on the way home. We only have 50min in PHX and 60min in MDW, so it will be interesting to see if our luggage makes it especially on that return flight! ;) I didn't know Chicago was becoming a problem when I booked it. :rolleyes:

thanks for making me go back in and look...saved another $30 on our flights...now I have a $52 credit burning a whole in my pocket. Honey? We need to use it or it's just wasted money!! :lmao:

My arguement for buying into DVC just got better...we'll be able to take little trips more often, because at this rate, we'll always have credits in our pocket! Oh, and we only need 16 flights to get a free flight with our Rapid Rewards membership...hehehehe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter