SW Early Birds-what numbers have you been getting lately?

I got A31-A32-A33 -the worst numbers I've ever gotten with EBCI out of ALB. Still just fine by me.

I'm convinced now that the process for EBCI is that all passengers with it are tallied and the system sets aside enough numbers for them. When they actually sign on and claim their boarding passes, the computer assigns their numbers. I say this because my DH is on a separate itinerary from DS and me. I bought his on 5/19 and added EBCI that day. I bought mine and DS's on 6/16 and added EBCI that day. DS and i got 31-32 and DH got 33, despite his ticket and EBCI being purchased first.

I think you're right about how the EBCI boarding positions are assigned despite what SWA says.

08/16 we flew MHT to MCO. Using EBCI we got A18-A21. I checked my times around 23hrs 30min before our flight. I bought the EBCI on the day that fares opened up but I switched days less than 2 months out.

08/27 we flew MCO to MHT. Using EBCI we got A43-A46. I bought the EBCI the day that fares opened up and made no changes. We didn't check boarding positions until checking our bags with RAC around 6hrs 30min before our flight.

I can understand not wanting to pay for EBCI but please, if you choose not to, don't even consider asking anyone to give up their seat for you. :sad2:

I agree with this! I have no problem sitting next to kids they are usually better behaved than some of the adults I have had the pleasure to be beside.

If you HAVE to be with your child then pay extra or else expect to be apart from them. It isn't my priority that you be with them it is yours.

And why would you have to be reaching across anyone? they should have their own backpack with activities and snacks and if they ask I will help them open a package.

What are the most popular seats? If I'm traveling solo and just want an aisle seat, am I safe doing without EBCI?

We fly home tomorrow - we're all on separate itineraries (DS and I are flying on separately booked rewards flights and DH is on a 3rd paid itinerary). IIRC, we got A17-A18-A21. I checked in on my iphone while walking from BCV to Epcot, so I could be remembering that incorrectly.

Our EBCI will occur at 6:25 tonight. I'll post back tomorrow morning to let you know what we get (BUF to MCO).

OUR EBCI is 8:25 PM on 9/2. By the way do you have to wait until the 24 hour mark to find out what # your are or can you check after your 36 hour mark.

BAH! I still don't want to pay $10 per person per leg of the trip for EBCI. I may just suck it up and do it. :headache:

We didn't use ECBI for our trip from Detroit to Minneapolis, changing in Chicago.

We had A 51-53 for one flight, B12-14, b21-23, and B11-13. Each time we got a whole row together, and there were at least 7 other whole rows to choose from.

I was glad to save the $60, which paid for one of our hotel nights.

I just paid it for our upcoming 9/4 trip from PHL. Don't like paying the extra $ but I have to hand it to SW, they don't charge for bags so it made it easier to part with the extra fee to be checked in so I don't have to stress over it. I'll let you know how I do. First flight out on Saturday; last flight back the next Saturday.

I will let you know after 8:30 when I can print out the boarding passes. I'm expecting somewhere between A20-A38.

I decided against Early Bird for our flight out of BHM to MCO. I checked in this morning at the 24 hour mark for our 6:35 a.m. flight and received A-28 & A-29. I am happy with that.... Now to decide to get Early Bird or not for our return flight next Sat leaving MCO at 3:35 p.m.... What do you think?

For our Chicago to Orlando flight on Saturday we got:

A31, A32 and A33. I'm really happy with those numbers.

A-21 and 22 for our ISP-MCO flight.

I'm glad we picked up the EBCI, because I have a feeling this flight is going to be packed, in light of the cancellation of the early morning flight that I was originally booked on.

Just got back Sat. 9/4. In our MHT to MCO we got B2 - B6. There were several rows open to us when we got on the plane. We have young children so no exit rows for us. It was a full plane. We chose to sit two and two and we both had a single passenger in our row that joined us after we sat in our rows. In our MCO to MHT leg, we got A55-A58. Again, no problems finding open rows and we chose to sit two and two and my daughter and I had an open seat next to us on the way home. The MCO to MHT was a flight continuing meaning it was not originating in Orlando so even with passengers already on the plane we had no problem getting open rows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter