SW boarding pass ?

fgms

Earning My Ears
I checked in online, but was only able to print 2 boarding passes not all 4 because 2 were youth fare. My question is, what happens when we get to the airport and have 2 A's, but my kids will end up with B or C? Do they just board with us?

Hmmm, not sure. How old are they? If they are 5 or under, then yes, they can board with you..maybe even preboard. However, if they are older than that, they may be expected to get into whatever line they end up in. I would call SW directly and see what they say. I didn't even know you could get a youth fare with SW. You learn something new every day I guess.

Yes, They will most likely allow everyone to board with the A group. Just curious was the youth fare much of a discount I didn't even know SW had that.

To be honest, I didn't even know they were listed as having a youth fare. I think it is only a couple of dollars different. I realized it when I went to check in online and it said that they had to get their boarding pass at the airport.

I did head over to the SW site to see what youth fares were all about. Now, I'm really confused!!! When you book, on-line, it only lists adults-age 2-65, and then seniors-65+, no youth. So, I went to one of the sidebar menu thingies, found that children, flying accompanied, can qualify for youth fares, but you have to call SW directly to do this. But since there was no way to do it on-line, did the OP actually call SW to get the youth fares?? Just curious.

The only time I was not able to print DD's boarding pass, she had been pre-selected for a security screen (she was THREE at the time, mind you). I'm sure there are other less irksome reasons you can't print a bp other than feeling the need to screen a sleeping toddler at 5:45am, but this was our "reason!"

Jackie

Youth fares are normally only a discount of around 10-15% off of the full-priced non-refundable fares, aka "Walk-up fares." Unless you are travelling at the last minute, you can probably pay less (and check in online) by buying adult discounted fares.

I inquired about youth and infant (guaranteed seat) fares after reading about them on the website. The customer svc rep told me they are based on the regular, non-discounted fares so they aren't usually a good deal. For example, my original adult price was the promotional fare of $99, but the infant fare was around $150. I opted to buy the $99 promotional fare seats for my three kids. ;)

(ETA: sorry, I didn't see NotUrsula's response before posting this.)

I thought your boarding group (A,B or C) was a function of when you checked in for your flight (1st 45 are group A, etc.), not when you print or get your boarding pass. I often check in online and then print my pass at the aiport.

On a return flight, my DH and older DS were B, and my younger DS and I were a C. Evidently, we had names similar to someone on the security watch list, so they couldn't issue us a boarding pass. They allowed us to board with the rest of our family when the B's were called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter