• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SW and DME?

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva

DIS Veteran
I haven't flown to WDW in 5 years, so I'm a little behind with regards to DME. Does SW participate with DME? I thought I once read that if you flew SW, you could not use DME. Either I hallucinated this, or it was true at one time but is no longer the case.
I just want to check with the experts before making my reservation on SW, because free transportation from the airport is an important part of my plan.
:confused3
Thanks!

Yes SW does participate with DME. Our trip was just 2 weeks ago and flew SW and used DME. Awesome service!

Back then that was true, now you can use the DME and RAC (this is what SW wasnt a part of back then). So the only time you need to touch your luggage is from your car to checkin at your home airport, and then from your room to RAC checkin for it to go back home..

Make sure to check the RAC hours and when your flight is.

all airlines do and have participated in Disney's Magical Express (DME). This is the service that, with those yellow luggage tags attached, pick up your bags at MCO, deliver them to your room and bus you to your resort. Anyone with a WDW resort reservation who signs up for DME is entitled to a ride from & back to MCO and the previously mentioned luggage service free of charge. The tips for the service are included already, although I have been know to tip a good driver myself.

What SWA did not, BUT DOES NOW, participate in is Resort Airline Checkin (RAC). This service allows you to drop your luggage off at the resort RAC desk and THEY will transport it to the airport for you. Specifically for SWA, if you are checking yourself in at 24hr, you must still do so and RAC will print your boarding passes for you. If you are using Early Bird Check In, your boarding passes MAY magically appear on your door OR again RAC will print them for you. A tip for the RAC baggage handlers is suggested.

So, with DME and RAC, drop your bags with the yellow tags attached at your home airport. Don't have to think about them again til they appear in your room (and you don't have to be there when they're delivered). On the return trip, drop your bags at the RAC desk (remove the yellow tags) and pick them up at your home airport. Easy, breezy, lemon squeezy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter