• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suzy and Perla Skip the Lines Again: From roughing it to the lap of luxury

The most interesting part of this photo is that Charming is in it. Hmmm. You don't often see him in character photos. Why would you think he chose to be in this photo?

Perhaps Charming wanted to meet this character for the same reason Donald was interested. Ah, Pocohantas. The Disney World version of Vegas Showgirls.

This is so funny!!!:rotfl: I had the same experience, only it was with Jasmine at Epcot! The kids had their picture taken with both Jasmine and Aladdin, but DH only wanted Jasmine! (He also had a little extra nerve since we had just been through France and he LOVED the wine!)
31700-for-web.jpg

Wonderful news! Sounds like they caught it early. :banana:

Yes, they did! We're so thrilled, it's hard to put into words!

Great news about your dad! So glad for your family. :)

I would have meandered slowly back from ESPN, too. That mint chocolate chip cone looks wonderful. Yum.

Yum. I'd go for that right now...

Great news about your dad! I have been reading every update and loving all your pictures. I have to take some time and get our trip down for my kids while the memories are still (sort of) fresh!

Ah, the pressure of keeping the memories. I'm always terrified my children will think we ONLY did Disney since it seems the only memories I ever get around to recording. :lmao:

Hi Perla, I very much enjoyed reading your TR! I hope that your dad is doing well and feeling better. Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Thanks!

I just love reading your trip reports. Hope your dad is doing well.

You are so sweet.

Hi! I'm been a lurker here for a while, and I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your reports! I am just at your Epcot day and I had to comment on what you said about the Duffy bear. I COMPLETELY agree with you! What is the bear doing at Disney?!:confused3 And this guy here at AK was creepy already, he kept showing us souveniers and the way he was pushing this Duffy, I'm wondering if they get a percentage of the ones they sell! haha
085.jpg

I also wanted to say that your girls are gorgeous, and your sister's boys are so adorable! Beautiful family! I'm glad you had fun on your year at Disney, I can't wait to get caught up. We were there in May, but I've never written a TR.

Maybe that is it! Maybe they get a kick back. It's all beginning to make sense.

And super thanks on the compliment about our family. :)

The most interesting part of this photo is that Charming is in it. Hmmm. You don't often see him in character photos. Why would you think he chose to be in this photo?

Perhaps Charming wanted to meet this character for the same reason Donald was interested. Ah, Pocohantas. The Disney World version of Vegas Showgirls.

This is so funny!!!:rotfl: I had the same experience, only it was with Jasmine at Epcot! The kids had their picture taken with both Jasmine and Aladdin, but DH only wanted Jasmine! (He also had a little extra nerve since we had just been through France and he LOVED the wine!)
31700-for-web.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Charming made no effort to pretend it wasn't because they were hot chicks. And Donald was not helpful as he blatantly insists on getting his OWN photos with none of us in them with Tinkerbell, Jasmine, and Pocahantas. Someday I'm going to buy a ton of $1.00 frames and print them all out and COVER his desk at work with them. Since we all work together & I get to work first it would make a big splash before he was able to do anything about it. ;)

Great pic of your dh. Bring on the wine!

I'm at home in the middle of the day watching my DVR'd tv shows and I'm gonna write a chapter. Sweet luxury!!! I'll have to go back to work, of course, but sometimes there are big perks to working one mile from your house, at the family business, and being the boss of yourself. Sweet, sweet luxury. Now if only I could get Boo to leave me the heck alone! She keeps finding bugs/spiders and freaking out and insisting that I come kill them and then I go and it's like a fruit fly or a teeny tiny spider. Grrrr....

And just a quick update on my dad, he's doing great!!! Better than ever. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

On to the chapter...

While I was happily enjoying my ice cream, Suzy was happily enjoying a little nap at the Dolphin and others were also enjoying themselves:
IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Guarantee you this is Charming's drink. That boy LOVES himself a frozen drink. And he is a snack buying fool.
IMG_0389.jpg

This photo cracks me up as we love to make faces at the camera, but clearly my girls mistimed this one and so they just end up looking stupid.
IMG_0390.jpg

While this was happening I was supposed to be napping as well and sharing with McQueen in a little "We found your camera" celebration dance. But that isn't what I was doing. Not by a long shot.

What I was doing was sitting outside the Dolphin. When I got back and started to go in the front door at the atrium a very official man in a black suit with a walkie talkie said, "Don't come in here! There's a fire!" OK. So, I sat down outside. Over the course of the next five minutes a multitude of people tried to get in that door. All with the same reaction.

It did not take long for the whole area to be full of people. Which then caused all the people walking by to be confused as to why there were so many people in the area. Now, I know I've already pointed this out but I wanted to point it out again. There are a lot of people in dress clothes at the Dolphin. A LOT. And I know this is stupid but I always expect people at a seminar or conference in dress clothes to be smarter than me. Here I am in my Mr. Perfect tshirt with my cheesy jean shorts. And here they are in their Jones NY suit. They should be smart.

But the truth is, they often aren't. Maybe they are book smart. But not quick. And I canNOT explain to you the different ridiculous, implausible theories they came up with as to why we were standing/sitting there. Everything from "Are they waiting for a bus?" (This is not a street, it's just boat dock. NO buses could make it here.) to "Is there a conference out here?" (Really, a conference for people dressed in Disney tshirts pushing twins in strollers AND dressed up people in a hot, sticky atrium?)

For the first five-ten minutes I was amused. They were interesting to watch. But then they started to annoy me. The dressed up, not as smart as they should be people were kind snooty. They didn't like being out there with all of us "actually there for Disney World like the suckers we are" riff-raff. And it was hot. And humid. And I was supposed to be napping. I texted Suzy and told her my predicament and she, who may be dressed like a mom but actually IS really smart, texted back within 2 seconds, "So try another door. If the building were truly on fire, we would have been evacuated." Well, DUH! So I got up, left the "think we're smarter than you loser moms but really aren't" people to stand outside in the humid, nasty heat because of the phantom fire and walked to a different door. Stuck my key in. And was in the elevator lickety-split.

And did my happy dance with McQueen.
And then I actually laid down in the delightful air conditioning.

It wasn't long before the rest of the gang was done thrill riding and headed back on the exciting slow boat to China Friendship Boats:
IMG_5289.jpg

They had a quick little break. And we were right around to Epcot for dinner. Ah, Epcot for dinner. I'd be so happy to be at Epcot tonight for this exact evening.

But I doubt these will be there in October:
P3250216.jpg

A relatively nice photo of the Suzy clan. Milo could look better.
Photo0787FourBySix.jpg

We got seated pretty quick. And I ordered my usual appetizer. Our girls didn't eat much as it isn't their favorite. But despite ordering small amounts and only spending $50.00 which included my margarita, we were all full. To get everyone to order small amounts I had promised a stop at the Chinese CS which really proved unnecessary but you all know once you promise the kids....

Yum! And cheap!
IMG_5291.jpg

It was a lovely meal. Lovely.

And while I was paying the bill, look at all those cute people in yellow shirts floating by...
IMG_5292.jpg

As you can well imagine, Boo was THOROUGHLY enjoying herself. The girl LOVES those caballeros. Loves 'em.

After this lovely hour or so, we headed over to ride the big ball much to the delight of Boo, Jack, and McQueen.
IMG_5293.jpg

McQueen, since he and I were good buds now, chose to ride with me. Not to mention he knew I'd let him make all the choices for our future:
P3250217.jpg

Hidden Mickey alert!
P3250218.jpg

IMG_1301-1.jpg

I leave you here pondering what our wacky future could possible be as I head back to work. A luxurious lunch break only lasts so long. Coming up... Finishing up with fireworks.

Yeah an update! Glad to hear your dad is continuing to do so well!

So I got up, left the "think we're smarter than you loser moms but really aren't" people to stand outside in the humid, nasty heat because of the phantom fire and walked to a different door. Stuck my key in. And was in the elevator lickety-split.

too funny!

Epcot, in March, in the evening is LOVELY. Lovely. A bit crowded. But lovely.
P3250219.jpg

Our bellies were full. The adults were at a proper alcohol level (which in my opinion isn't really buzzed, but just smiley/relaxed) and the kids had crossed off the big things from their list and knew for a fact that big rides have big lines this time of night so they didn't bother asking. It creates a nice, cooperative atmosphere.

After Spaceship Earth, we did what we ALWAYS do after Spaceship Earth. Went to the potty. And in general hung about waiting for everyone to be done.
P3250220.jpg

P3250222.jpg

Back to the Mexico side of WS! Only this time, we stopped at the little Flower places along the way, getting the special pin, and looking at the cool things for your garden that are super expensive.

P3250223.jpg

We also stopped at the Mexico side International Gateway shop to trade Vinylmations. And look who we got!!! Buzz! Ariel, as you can see was super excited.
P3250224.jpg

Ariel VERY generously gave this to Jack-Jack. He loves Buzz Lightyear, as you know, and so... she gave it to him. It REALLY was a hard decision for her. He was so excited when she showed it to him and immediately said, "That's mine." Suzy said she would buy Ariel another blank and boring one to start trading again. And then this is what happened later: he lost it. We could not find it ANYWHERE. And Ariel deeply regretted giving it to him as she never did get a good one via trade this trip. However, we did find it again. And Ariel consoled herself that on the June trip she'd have reason to still trade.

Don't be generous unless you REALLY mean it.

You know us very well. So surely you know we would not be without FP's. Maelstrom. I know you don't normally need them, but it was spring break. Did you see the crowds? There was a wait, and because we are smart, we didn't wait. Ha-ha.

P3250225.jpg

Over the Falls!
P3250226.jpg

Donald recently saw Thor and said it helped him understand this ride. I haven't watched it yet. And don't understand this ride. And the movie doesn't really help me. So we skipped it, as we have the last 5-6 times we've ridden.

She's cute. Admit it.
P3250229.jpg

I think we all know what I'm going to stay about this picture:
P3250230.jpg

Stupid sharpies, stupid Duffy. I did my usual: hung around wishing I could shop in a relaxed fashion while my kids happily color instead of frantically wrenching Markers from their hands before they ruin their clothing.

P3250231.jpg

China Kidcot: thank goodness no coloring took place. There was a line, though.
P3250232.jpg

P3250233.jpg

After this we got Mulan her Chinese chicken. And then started to walk towards a spot for Illuminations. Stopping, of course, for the caramel corn that Suzy insisted was the best in the world. I make a killer caramel corn so I was sure I wouldn't be impressed, especially since my disappointment with Germany's caramel shop earlier.

When we got there, the corn was all gone. So we had to wait. And wait. And watched the guy mix & mix & mix. And then it was our turn. And again, did I mention Suzy is the ACTUAL smart? Because she is smart. And RIGHT. My caramel corn? Blech. Hate. It. No one should be cursed and so unlucky to have to eat my caramel corn. Germany's? YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!

After scoping many a spot, we ended up on the bridge near France. It was a great spot. But my fave thing about it was that there were prom couples on it. Lots & lots of them. I'm not sure if it was before, after, or instead of prom. But what I do know is there were adorable, dressed up, high school couples all over this bridge laughing, dancing, and thrilled to be in their fancy clothes at Illuminations. I LOVE that.

Sadly, I had to go to the bathroom. And so I hopped on over, and by hopped I mean shoved through the crowds, to England to use the potty. I dashed in the back bar door and look who was playing!
IMG_1307.jpg

I've never seen her before.

And then back to the bridge. Awww... Fireworks. You ALL know how I feel about fireworks, right? And young love surrounding me. And Amazing caramel corn. And plenty of alcohol.

IMG_1316.jpg

Being right there on the bridge, it was an easy walk back to the Dolphin. Truth be told I can't remember if we walked back or rode the boat. But if I were to guess... I'd say walked. After Illuminations? I'm guessing we didn't want to hang out with that crowd. Or maybe we even split? I know this... Basketball was on and it was really important that we see it. Poor Charming had been basketball starved.

P3250234.jpg

So we prepared ourselves for an evening of pizza and even more fun.

Don't be confused by this photo:
P3250235.jpg

Nor this one:
P3250236.jpg

You know when you give a baby a lemon slice to suck on, the face they make? Oh wait, maybe only we are evil enough to give our kids lemon slices so we can laugh at them. My mistake.

Well, this is the adult woman equivilant. Donald & Milo bought a bag full of chocolates with alcohol in them and then gave them to us. Even knowing there was alcohol in them couldn't prepare us for yummy chocolate and when you get in the middle a crazy splash of tequila. SURPRISE!

And what is an evening of sports watching without pizza? Now you know the real reason I refused to eat too much in Mexico. Too bad I had so much caramel corn...
IMG_1319-1.jpg

This pizza is REALLY yummy. It's Flippers. They deliver and we love them.

And that, my friends, is the end of our day. Whew. Do we tucker you out? I know that I, for one, didn't watch the whole game. Nor eat much pizza. But whatcha gonna do? We were at Disney World. And I like to squeeze as much out of each day as possible.

Yay updates! First off, so glad to hear about your dad. That is wonderful news!

The bit that you said about almost never being alone, made me laugh. I can sure relate! Glad you got a bit of you time amidst the mayhem.

The Animation Studios look really cool. I've been going back and forth about whether or not I think it would be a good experience for my tribe. My boys love to draw, but they can get really mired in perfectionism and any sort of time pressure stresses them out big time. It seems like it could be big fun or a colossal flop for us...

Hooray for an update! So glad to hear that your dad is okay and that work has settled down.

I loved the 'sour' faces!!! You are brave to post those photos. rotfl

Yay updates! First off, so glad to hear about your dad. That is wonderful news!

The bit that you said about almost never being alone, made me laugh. I can sure relate! Glad you got a bit of you time amidst the mayhem.

The Animation Studios look really cool. I've been going back and forth about whether or not I think it would be a good experience for my tribe. My boys love to draw, but they can get really mired in perfectionism and any sort of time pressure stresses them out big time. It seems like it could be big fun or a colossal flop for us...

Hmmm, Suzy probably would be a better guide as to the perfectionism as McQueen can have those problems. But I never really feel a time crunch in here. It seems like it moves seemlessly from one pencil line to another maybe going just a TINY bit faster than we'd like but not too fast. And I didn't really realize there was a time limit until this trip when the light went off. I'd never been aware of the time in previous classes.

There are no erasers. They make it clear that you are not to go back and correct, that real artists don't. So there is actually peer pressure to be a non-perfectionist.

But this certainly could be one of those things people hate. Though I never thought Suzy's entire family would like it and they all do. It's just another little piece of seeing behind the magic and feeling like you are part of it, even if you are terrible at drawing. I was going to post this later, but I'll go ahead and do it now. Here are our collective drawings:

IMG_5367.jpg

As you can see, some of us are better than others. But every single one (other than Jack-Jack and Boo's) looks like Pluto. Maybe if you show this to your kids? See if it seems cool to draw a character even imperfectly?

Another little tip, if you do choose to do this, as you exit go into the store area and ask the cashier for rubber bands and a bag. They'll roll up your drawings together and band them and put them in a bag. Then you can stick them in your backpack and keep them without fold marks.

Hooray for an update! So glad to hear that your dad is okay and that work has settled down.

I loved the 'sour' faces!!! You are brave to post those photos. rotfl

The things I do for your amusement on this TR! :headache::rotfl2:

Today I'm at work on a Saturday from 9-1pm. I only have to do it twice a year but I always hate it. The great thing, though, is I'm kid free and in a job where I just wait for people to come in and the phone to ring. Which has only happened twice in the last 15 minutes. Ha, ha! Trip Report writing coming right up!!!

I have a good feeling I might be able to finish today. :scared1::scared1:

Can you believe it? Wouldn't that be so cool? Because do you know what that means? I could start on our JUNE trip report. If that one takes me 6 months, then it will be April and time to start my Disneyland/California pre-trippie. If any of you over here are interested. I've also written a Yellowstone/America crosscountry TR from a few years ago over on the Out West boards. So if you ever think you'll do that, it's a pretty good read, if I do say so myself.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1925620

And most importantly, it'll get you ready for our Disneyland trip which will be like a WDW trip combined with the above. Basically, as I've already pointed out on here, you can apply the rules of WDW to any trip on earth and you will have a successful trip. Even travelling 4300 miles with an 18 month old. Also, it was on this trip that the "Ice Cream makes everything better" rule came into play.

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion...

Whelp, this is it. The end of our March trip. It would have been so sad. If not for the fact that we were coming back in 8 weeks!!!

After our long day (DHS, Epcot, Illuminations, and March Madness pizza party) the day before you would think we would be grateful to just have a long, relaxing ride in front of us. But surely you know us better than that.

No. We got up pretty early, and packed like absolute maniacs. One moment I remember in particular was Charming and I packing up the food. We knew we'd want snacks for our ride home, we needed to set out breakfast, and everything else just stuck somewhere. We grabbed the empty cooler and bin from the front closet and he and I made those decisions and packed that kitchen in about 2 minutes. It was madness.

I had LOVED the Dolphin. But even still I wasn't sorry to leave. Here's the truth. The entire suite had smelled like puke the entire time we were there. Again, it had been cleaned thoroughly. But it just didn't matter. It never stopped smelling like puke. And I just wanted out. I was done with it.

Donald and Milo pulled up the vehicles and made the obligatory trips to pack us up. It was weird and embarassing. We were wrenched from our "we belong here" dream world back into "we are camping hicks from the hills of Ohio" reality.

The day before Suzy and I had split the bill and tried to split the points. We almost got them split, but not down the middle. I'm yet to look at them 6 months later but I know I got more?

Here is the exciting news, though. We are a mean, organized machine.

We packed it up, zipped out of there, parked at MK, and took this photo by 9:02 a.m.

IMG_1320-1.jpg

That's right, folks. We got up at 7 am. And were ready, breakfasted, packed, with 7 kids and all, in strollers with park bags: 9:02 a.m.

Cause we are simply that good.

Look: I even did the girl's hair:
P3260238.jpg

Breathe it in, everyone, it's the Magic Kingdom.
IMG_5297.jpg

I was still trying to use Suzy's camera. But it was annoying because it comes on so slowly. So I had both. This photo was taken with mine. Isn't it so nice? But it was one of the last ones. It took me taking the batteries in and out a zillion times. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I would be buying a new camera.

IMG_5298.jpg

Our last day at MK is always a do the things we wished we'd done and the things that we MUST do or a kids will be sad. This time we felt Tomorrowland had been thoroughly covered. So we didn't do it. We originally planned on doing Peter Pan as it was on Jack's must list. But it just didn't work out. We had gotten BTMRR FP's and the line for PP was already too long for us. What is it about Peter Pan? Why does it have a 45 minute line at 9:30 am? So instead we did a Boo must do: It's a Small World:
IMG_1549.jpg

Pretty sure Jack-Jack likes it too:
IMG_1550.jpg

P3260242.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

Another Boo must do was the carousel:
P3260243.jpg

Even though the carousel is not really a thing to do first, we were trying to kill time so we could get that Peter Pan FP. And look how happy those kids are!

After that, it was time for another shot at having hitchhikers:
IMG_5303.jpg

I had missed it before and so was kind of the driving factor of this one. As I've pointed out before, HM is not really my favorite. I know, I know. It's a classic. And that is why I do it from time to time as Walt's presence is clearly there in every detail. However, I'm just not a ghost/horror kind of girl. As a child, go ahead and make fun, even the The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts used to freak me out. I'm that sadly sensitive.

But none-the-less, I wanted my shot to see the changes.

Donald took Boo to meander towards the Old West:
IMG_1024.jpg

Well, maybe not "meander". Maybe hurtled:
IMG_5306.jpg

Again, again!!!
IMG_5307.jpg

After riding BTMRR a couple times, we headed over to ride Peter Pan. If I could have done without something, it would have been Peter Pan. And as you can tell, I have no pics of it. But Jack-Jack would have felt his WDW trip was a failure had we not gotten to ride it again. So off we went. To soften the blow of the hike back to Fantasyland I was allowed to do something I had never done before: The Hall of Presidents. While we were wandering the lobby looking at portraits, Revolutionary Mickey came out. Since there was no line: score!

Photo0791FourBySix.jpg

There weren't any people so Mickey spent a lot of time with our kids. And when that was done, it was time to go in:

I really enjoyed the Hall of Presidents:
IMG_1321.jpg

It won't be on my must list. But one thing I enjoyed was the fashion and seeing that truth be told, men's fashion really hasn't changed much since 1776. And it hasn't changed at all since 1900. 111 years, pretty much the exact same outfit. Very interesting.

Magic Kingdom is BUSY on Saturdays. We know this. But we love to go on our last day. And really, the people aren't too bothersome when you are just diong a few little things like Hall of Presidents.

P3260250.jpg

Splash time!
IMG_1322.jpg

The trouble with our last day, as far as TR's go, is I simply didn't take very many pictures. That and my camera was not working. So I remember nothing of this moment. And I have no pics. So sorry, no details for you.

I do know that the day was SUPER relaxing. After this we did Pirates.

Even though we'd done Pirates plenty this trip, can you really do too much of it? We say no.

IMG_5319.jpg

And then we did Jungle Cruise:

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

Our driver was really good:
IMG_5323.jpg

Boo absolutely insisted I take a photo of the lions. I figure it made up for not getting EVER any good photos of the real lions on KS.

IMG_5324.jpg

Could she be any happier?
IMG_5325.jpg

All these photos were taken with Suzy's camera. Boy did I hate that camera. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

We were ready to head out. But first, I wanted Aloha Isle. So I told all the kids we would get ice cream. Then when we got to Aloha Isle there was a line 100 people deep :eek: I'm sorry. But I don't like pineapple that much. What to do, what to do??? I'd promised ice cream.

So I took a chance and went to the Main Street Ice Cream shop. For some reason Suzy's clan got seperated from us. Maybe a potty break? Can't remember. I just know the line was only like 5 deep and I texted her: "Get your booties over here!!! I found ice cream!"

IMG_5329.jpg

As you can see, they did. Do you see the cranky looking CM in this pic? Well, he wasn't cranky. This is just a bad photo. He was happy. Everyone in here was working their butts off but happy. I will be coming here often. It's awesome!!!

What did we get? Wait and see. I'm off to tailgate at a college ball game. The next chapter (or two) will be it. Almost done.....

Wow, some great updates :thumbsup2 Your last full day sure was a busy day, I am in awe that you were up, packed, and to MK by 9:02 the next morning :worship: Does it help that some of the kids are old enough now that they actually help, like Charming helping you pack the kitchen? We did notice this summer on weekend cottage trips that Ella was starting to be helpful instead of being in the way or being the opposite of helpful!

DH was looking over my shoulder reading the comments about other hubbies (and teenaged boys) wanting pics alone with Jasmine and Pocahantas and was very pleased that he is not alone in this regard :rotfl2:

So glad to hear things went well for your Dad and that life is a bit more back to "normal" (even though normal is often crazy!) for your families :goodvibes

Wow, some great updates :thumbsup2 Your last full day sure was a busy day, I am in awe that you were up, packed, and to MK by 9:02 the next morning :worship: Does it help that some of the kids are old enough now that they actually help, like Charming helping you pack the kitchen? We did notice this summer on weekend cottage trips that Ella was starting to be helpful instead of being in the way or being the opposite of helpful!

DH was looking over my shoulder reading the comments about other hubbies (and teenaged boys) wanting pics alone with Jasmine and Pocahantas and was very pleased that he is not alone in this regard :rotfl2:

So glad to hear things went well for your Dad and that life is a bit more back to "normal" (even though normal is often crazy!) for your families :goodvibes

It does help to have the kids be older. I'm not sure how helpful they are except for Charming and Mulan. But they do stay out of the way. And Ariel is getting there. But the best part is I don't have to feed anyone, nurse anyone, nor change any diapers. And other than hair and Boo's shoes, I just lay the clothing out and people magically get dressed all by themselves. That probably speeds us up more than anything.

Plus, and I know you probably get sick of me saying this, but Donald and Milo and Suzy and I are kinda a machine. We just smoothly move from one thing to another in an organzed fashion. We don't have to talk. Suzy and I often text each other around 6:30-7:00 am a few texts about the day. And then into auto pilot we go.

LOL I still shudder when I see garden shears, no mockery from me!

:) Whew, so nice to know I'm not the only scaredy cat.

IMG_5330.jpg

:eek: Can you believe those sundaes? Because it was our last day and a lunch replacement the $20.00 this cost me seemed like a bargain. But once we received them I realized my error because they are HUGE!

We went into the Main St. Bakery to eat them. The Suzy clan ate on the castle side of the Ice Cream shop. Both spots are nice.
IMG_5331.jpg

Look at the size of this sucker! Boo and I got strawberry ice cream and it was amazing. Boo LOVES strawberry ice cream and this stuff was great.
IMG_5332.jpg

We did our absolute best, but truth is we threw away the equivalent of two whole sundaes. I don't regret the wasting of $10.00 as it was a special treat for each girl to have their own sundae on our magical last day on Main Street. But next time, we didn't get 4 ;)

I love bands almost as much as fireworks:
IMG_5333.jpg

Just to torture me Donald took a photo of this:
IMG_1562.jpg

And following the band, was the parade. For which we had a super duper spot.
IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

And that was it. Goodbye Mickey.

We look a little tired, don't we?
IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

Let us on the boat! I hate when the monorail is broken.

IMG_1568.jpg

Once in our vehicle we were out of the park and Orlando in no time. Now, where to stay?

Thanks to iphones and Suzy's new ipad we settled on a fancy schmancy on the beach resort. Suzy got us a great deal.

Since none of us had eaten lunch, we were STARVED! So our vehicle went to Pizza Hut and Suzy checked in. Again, we were able to order our pizza via iphone and pick up easily on our way. Easy peesy. The lady in there was very nice and helpful. She set us up! The Suzy clan got two pizzas and we only got one. We laughed because Charming called us and said theirs was gone could he have some of ours! Seriously, dude? NO. :rotfl: I swear, I think he ate an entire pizza all by himself.

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

Pizza on the ocean
P3260252.jpg

P3260255.jpg

Yeah, they got soaked!
IMG_0398.jpg

Gorgeous!!!
IMG_1330.jpg

Once the sun set, I took a long and hot shower. It was delightful. It had a real spa feel to the bathroom that I was in love with.

The next morning we got up and drove 10 hours home. I have nothing else to say about that.
P3270262.jpg

I was excited to see my daffodils.
IMG_1332.jpg

That's it. My sum up in the next chapter.

I LOVED camping at Walt Disney World. I loved our set-up. I love tent camping. And we are pretty darn good at it. Donald and I shouldn't sleep in the same bed. We need 5 twin air mattresses, not two queen. And next time if we choose to camp on our next trip I'm assuming Boo would be six and we'd have no or very little bits of a stroller. If we had bused around and not walked, Fort Wilderness gets very high marks.

Here are the places I've stayed at Disney in the order that I would stay in them again:

1) Port Orleans Riverside
2) Fort Wilderness
3) Dolphin
4) Offsite Rental House
5) All Star Music
6) All Star Sports
7) Pop Century
8) Offsite hotel

But really, I'd love to stay somewhere new next time. And maybe even save up enough money to stay in a fancier place.

As for food, we did good this time. I'd say it was my most successful feeding of us so far. There were some mistakes, but there are in my very own kitchen, too. The average, however, was pretty good. It's hard for me as I would be a non-DDP person. But Donald is a DDP person. So that's a little tricky. This was our first time paying for it and I do feel it was worth it's value. But as a girl I did sometimes feel pressure to eat when I wouldn't have. Donald LOVED it and felt it was well worth the cost.

We will not be back to Park Faire nor Primetime Cafe. But I don't regret the choices. Park Faire was good for what we needed. And now I know Primetime is not for me. And that's ok.

A year at Disney is NOT too much. September and March are very far away. When I got home from this trip March and June seemed VERY close. And then we had to save our family business in the middle which meant I was working 60+ hours of hard physical and emotional and mental work each week.

But once June 1st came, it didn't seem so close. March seemed faaaar away and I was ready to go back.

Which leads me: our June trip.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2730740

Come on in, the water's fine.

Sorry that your trip report has come to the end, although I am excited to read about your June trip. I think a year of Disney would be perfect! The ice cream sundaes looked wonderful! Sounds like your last day in the Magic Kingdom was perfect.

I am still amazed at your family's abilities to get organized, packed up, and checked out and into a park in such a short amount of time. Amazing!

The day before Suzy and I had split the bill and tried to split the points. We almost got them split, but not down the middle. I'm yet to look at them 6 months later but I know I got more?

Considering I got 0 points, I'm pretty sure you got more. :lmao:

My concluding thoughts: This was an awesome trip. There was something extra special about it. Not sure what exactly, but so many things about it were approached like they were "once in a lifetime" moments. I think that's a pretty great way to think about things.:thumbsup2

Sorry that your trip report has come to the end, although I am excited to read about your June trip. I think a year of Disney would be perfect! The ice cream sundaes looked wonderful! Sounds like your last day in the Magic Kingdom was perfect.

I am still amazed at your family's abilities to get organized, packed up, and checked out and into a park in such a short amount of time. Amazing!

We just use Mickey Magic to get things packed. ;) :wizard:

Considering I got 0 points, I'm pretty sure you got more. :lmao:

My concluding thoughts: This was an awesome trip. There was something extra special about it. Not sure what exactly, but so many things about it were approached like they were "once in a lifetime" moments. I think that's a pretty great way to think about things.:thumbsup2

:rotfl: Clearly, I've looked at those points a lot.

:hug: I need more Disney once in a lifetime moments.

Those sundaes look super-yummy!

Beaches and oceans are meant for getting soaked...ever since she was a baby Ella can never resist being in the water, even if it is frigid.

I'm glad this was such a special trip for you all and I look forward to reading about your June adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter