Sushi

Another :thumbsup2 for Kimonos! Excellent sushi and wonderful service.

My favorite's the Tuna 3 Ways at California Grill but it's expensive and hard to get into - I might go for Kimonos in 2 weeks now that they take TIW.

My favorite's the Tuna 3 Ways at California Grill but it's expensive and hard to get into - I might go for Kimonos in 2 weeks now that they take TIW.

Had sushi at CG last weekend--it was good, not great and as Nala mentioned it was pricey. :earsboy:

Thanks everyone - this gives us something to think about.

We are staying at CR and do have one reservation for Cali. Grill, so my husband can try the sushi there if he wants. If not, we will head over to Kona, since it is an easy ride away.

This may be a silly questions but I wanted to try the Kona Island Sushi Bar on our next trip however my parents do not like sushi, is it ok to sit if they are not odering food?

This may be a silly questions but I wanted to try the Kona Island Sushi Bar on our next trip however my parents do not like sushi, is it ok to sit if they are not odering food?

they could order from the Kona menu if they want. I sort of feel like if they're going to be taking up seats they should order something - at least a drink

The last time my family and I went there my mom didn't want to eat anything, so she was sitting with my dad and I while we had the Sushi. So there is nothing wrong with them just sitting there.

If they like crab cakes, I would highly recommend the Kona Cafe crab cake appetizer, which can be ordered from the sushi bar area. They were really good.

And now my thoughts on the sushi question...

I wasn't wowed by the Volcano Roll I ordered at the Kona Sushi Bar. I like the Spicy Kazan Roll at California Grill better. I would probably try another sushi roll there, but I liked the crab cakes I ordered better than the sushi!

I haven't tried Kimono's yet, but I hear the sushi is good there. I thought the sushi bar at Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney's West Side had good sushi. I've stopped in for impromptu lunches there in the past.

There's nothing wrong with just sitting there unless someone else wants to sit and order food and they can't because someone who isn't eating (or having a drink - even if it's a diet Coke or a glass of water or something) is sitting there.

There's nothing wrong with just sitting there unless someone else wants to sit and order food and they can't because someone who isn't eating (or having a drink - even if it's a diet Coke or a glass of water or something) is sitting there.
I forgot to mention in my previous reply that my mom did order a glass of water, so then that was ok what we did?

I could never take a seat at a bar just to sit (unless it's totally not busy). I'd feel better eating or drinking while taking up the seat, even if it's just water, rather than just sitting there. If I were there alone and not accompanied by people who were eating or drinking, I'd actually want to make sure I ordered something - anything- that required payment.

I expect we will be sampling the sushi from Cali Grill, and may wander over to the Kona bar at some point. Since it sounds like you can get the sushi in the Kona Cafe or the Kona Sushi bar, we will likely go to one of those two places. My husband wants the sushi, but my son and I would likely prefer something else.

Soon, Soon, we'll be enjoying our meals at WDW!

Thanks for the replies, I guess I should've mentioned that of course they wouldn't just be sitting there they would have soda maybe my dad would have a beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter