Sushi at the Disney Magic

There was at least 1 day when we were on our 7-day Western in January that Parrot Cay had a seafood buffet for lunch. They had sushi there then. It wasn't bad but not a big, fancy selection or anything. Pretty standard tuna & salmon and california roll kind of stuff. If you are a big sushi fan, it will certainly not blow your mind, but will hold back a craving until the end of the cruise! ;)

I really wouldn't get excited about the sushi. It tastes like it's been prepared way in advance and stored in the refrigerator for a while. The prepared sushi sitting in the Sunshine Seasons refrigerated cases tastes fresher than the stuff on the Wonder and Magic.

Yes I read that it was there in 2009 a passenger from one of the ships had a photo but said the rice was tough. Too firm maybe.

we had a seafood buffet with sushi on the very last sea day on the dover to barcelona repo cruise

my daughter is a massive sushi fan but one bite was enough for her, the rice was not cooked properly and hard

it was disappointing to say the least

They have a fairly large table with sushi at the buffet up top for one of the days, and it is pretty, but not very good. Rice not properly prepared, vegetables not freshly sliced, spices are dribbled on rather than marinated into the fish. One piece will be enough. Too bad, we were really looking forward to sushi on our cruise.

Does anyone know how the sushi is on Carnival. I guess they have it everyday. Hopefully its better.

Does anyone know how the sushi is on Carnival. I guess they have it everyday. Hopefully its better.

Carnival Liberty had some pretty good Sushi when we were on it last year, they changed it up daily, and had a good variety.. It isn't going to blow you away, but it will probably satisfy you.

Funny that it wasn't prepared or cooked properly (the rice). You would think that having lost of asians in the crew, someone in the kitchen would have noticed something wasn't right!

Maybe the rice got dried out druing storage, that might explain the "tough rice".
Too bad, I like the veggie rolls as a nice appetizer with ginger strips and the "sauce" seems like it is soya sauce, but maybe something else.

Oh well, hopefully the other food during a seafood lunch will be okay.

Luvstocruise aka Dan

Add another vote "no" for the sushi - for the reasons previously cited - but I cannot think of any other seafood item that I did not like! I had the sushi in Topsiders one day during the lunch buffet and it just wasn't that great. However, I don't think that's indicative of all of the seafood - all of the shrimp, crab, lobster, and other fish-meals that I've had were really great.

We just returned from 11 nights on the Magic. Our last day at sea - top sider had Sushi and it was fabulous. They were rolling it right in front of us.

We had it yesterday for lunch on the Wonder. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was still pretty good.

You can, but...

The fish is fine--nice quality (but not "wow"). The rice, on the other hand...horrible. *Not* sushi rice (or sushi rice not prepared properly).

Use the fish for sashimi. :)

Most reviews claimed rice was undercooked. Some felt a local gas station had better. Does anyone know if the Magic serves Sushi still? We never found it in 2010. When and where did we miss it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter