• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor - What are the people thinking?

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
Has anyone been watching Survivor? These guys aren't thinking.

Yul - OK, I know everyone like him, but think about it: He has the immunity idol, and everyone knows it. If they vote him off, he's forced the use the idol now, then he can't use it at a later vote. THEN, the person with the next amount of votes gets booted. If they don't vote for him and force him to use the idol, then he's a guarenteed lock for the final 2.

Jonathan - Yeah, no one likes him, but why vote him off? Keep him around until the end. He won't get the votes from the jury.

These players aren't thinking.

I thought that they missed a really big opportunity to get rid of a very strong competitor when they did not get rid of Adam.

I figure what they should have done was: Adam, then Parvati, then the game gets interesting when they have to start to turn on each other.

Johnathon is a trick card - keep him and the jury might look at it as "stacking the deck" in your favor, get rid of him and they still have Adam and Parvati to deal with along with Yul and his immunity.

Personally, I am rooting to Ozzy and Yul. If it comes down to those 2 I think either could win and I would be happy with it.

Just heard on CBS website a big twist to the ending of the game. Not sure if I should post it - don't want to spoil anything - but it must be true as it was on the Survivor talkshow on the network's website. If you want to know - PM me.

I agree, they blew it big time, how many times have they been like "oh we have 4 in the alliance we can get rid of those other 2 later" and then everything changes. They were stupid to not keep johnaton around as long as possible, plus he was a good fisherman, they blew it. I think its Ozzys to lose at this point.

I really think that they should have voted Adam off and then Jonathan. I know they got rid of Jonathan to suck up to the jury but Adam is too much of a physical threat.
I'm rooting for Yul but he's been a little to sure of himself these last couple of weeks. Ozzie would be my second choice.

doodle said:
Just heard on CBS website a big twist to the ending of the game. Not sure if I should post it - don't want to spoil anything - but it must be true as it was on the Survivor talkshow on the network's website. If you want to know - PM me.

I know what you're refering to. I've read it in several places...including TV Guide (so it MUST be right! :thumbsup2 ). I'll put it in white. Final 3 rather than final 2. I actually don't like this twist though. I will refrain from carrying on about it.

Getting rid of Johnathan could have been the dumbest move in Survivor history...ok, maybe not quite but not smart...not a good move they made on that one.

boomhauer said:
Has anyone been watching Survivor? These guys aren't thinking.

Yul - OK, I know everyone like him, but think about it: He has the immunity idol, and everyone knows it. If they vote him off, he's forced the use the idol now, then he can't use it at a later vote. THEN, the person with the next amount of votes gets booted. If they don't vote for him and force him to use the idol, then he's a guarenteed lock for the final 2.

Jonathan - Yeah, no one likes him, but why vote him off? Keep him around until the end. He won't get the votes from the jury.

These players aren't thinking.

I was thinking the same thing myself - they all seemed so pleased to "trick" Jonathan and vote him out, but I thought that was a mistake.

Yes hidmickey:myantidrug, that is it! Thanks for the white trick - very clever.

I also won't go on about it here........

I agree how dumb to vote off Jonathon. I would have voted off Adam, he can start winning immunity and they won't be able to get rid of him.

Isn't the immunity idol only good up to the final 4?

Yep, I also think Jonathan should have got the boot..

Adam was ripe for the pickings to be booted, since Ozzie had immunity...

It will be interesting to see who goes after Pavarti(sp?) if Adam gets immunity..

If you tried to PM me and haven't heard back, please PM me again. My box was full and I "missed" 3 messages. I have since cleaned house. So sorry about that!!

Definitely not smart... Really for anyone who wants to actually win the million the best person they can have in the finals would be Jonathon --- the whole jury hates him and he's not really proved to be much of a factor in the immunity or reward challenges. Based on tbe editing it looked like he was one of the better fishermen (food/protien providers) as well. Even if they only kept him while they got rid of Adam and Parvati it would have at least made some sense.

I haven't watched Survivor for many years but for some reason I started watching again this series. I would love to know why they always find 20 somethings who are so darn lazy (won't get food, build shelters, etc...) while the older players do all the work. I can't stand Adam or Parvati (lazy, loud-mouths) but would be happy to see any of the others walk away with the money.

I like Adam (because he's cute, but that's about it). I DO NOT like Yul. I think he seems to fully believe that this game is his. The way he talks about who he's taking to the final two. Do the others not realize they're just pawns in his game? He's a bit too cocky and know-it-all-ish for my tastes.

I'm not a huge fan of Ozzy's, but I'd like to see him win. He's definitely an all-out competitor.

I agree...they should have kept Johnathan around Yul is getting a bit too sureof himself, and, IMO Ozzy is unstoppable. The guy is amazing.

How about when Sundra fell between the barrell and the platform during the immunity challege...DW and I both were like "Oh my god!!". I don't know how she wasn't seriously hurt!

Apothecary said:
How about when Sundra fell between the barrell and the platform during the immunity challege...DW and I both were like "Oh my god!!". I don't know how she wasn't seriously hurt!

I seriously, without exageration, have a small hot chocolate stain on my carpet from that! I just spit it across the room! I was laughing so hard! It reminded me of when Charlie Brown always falls when he goes to kick the football! OMG I was dying. Hope she wasn't hurt though!

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

hidmickey:myantidrug said:
I seriously, without exageration, have a small hot chocolate stain on my carpet from that! I just spit it across the room! I was laughing so hard! It reminded me of when Charlie Brown always falls when he goes to kick the football! OMG I was dying. Hope she wasn't hurt though!
Hope she wasn't hurt either but it sure was fun watching her fall. Still doesn't top the two law students from TAR a few years ago when they were thrown out of the cart...I laughed at that for an hour after the show went off. :happytv:

When the group decided to go ahead and eat even without the three who were in the tent. Was that the right thing to do or not?

And when they decided to hide the food from the people who won the award, that seemed so silly.

LoveWDW said:
When the group decided to go ahead and eat even without the three who were in the tent. Was that the right thing to do or not?

And when they decided to hide the food from the people who won the award, that seemed so silly.

Of course it was the right thing. It wasn't like they were sneek-eating it. They made dinner and ate it. The others could have eaten too if they would have moved a finger.

As for the hiding food, it was pretty immature but I can't say that I certainly wouldn't do it under those conditions. Except knowing me, I would forget where it went and be totally screwed.

Yeah, I agree. The kids in the tent were waiting to be hand-fed. They sat on their butts and didn't lift a finger to help. They deserved to not eat. And after they won the challenge, I can see why Yul et al thought it might be best to hide the food to weaken them.. I'm glad they didn't go through with it however. I think it would have hurt them in the votes later.

It was assinine to vote jonathan off at that point instead of Adam. I think Yul just cut his own throat -- Godfather? We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter