~ SURVIVOR Samoa ~ Season 19 ~

But if Russel went right from filming this season to filming season 20, then the other "all stars" have not had the opportunity to see him as the conniving low-life sleaze-bag he is and may fall under his spell too.

Exactly.

Only if another Samoa contestant is also on the All Star roster will they know be able to learn about Russell (assuming the fellow Samoan contestant 'finds out' about Russell during the course of the game).

Dang! You're right - I just wasn't thinking about the timing of the filming of the shows. Geez, I hope we don't have to watch TWO seasons of Russell!:headache:

I read that next season is "Heroes-vs-Villains" with past contestants.

Oh, that will be neat! I wonder when they'll tell us who they are? Maybe at the end of the reunion show of this season when they announce the winner? (Won't be Rob and Amber - they just had a baby in June/July.)

I wonder if Russell has considered making a false immunity idol to hang in the place of the real one that he found.

I know alot of folks hate Russell, but I love watching him and hope he makes it far in the game. He is playing the game. I love that he found the idol. I only wish he had made a fake one and that Yaz had found it.

I am sad that Ben got the boot because of Jaison's feeling that Ben is racist. Yaz came into their camp with her mouth wide open talking trash. Ben was the only one that stood up to her. She got upset with him for trying to win a challenge and going after her. What did she expect? For him to give her the points? She herself claimed that she came from the ghetto. She said so during that episode. From what was aired on TV, Ben did not say anything racist. He simply stood up for himself.

I wonder if Russell has considered making a false immunity idol to hang in the place of the real one that he found.

I wish he had thought of that!

Interesting to see that the idol he found was indeed meant for the other tribe to find (there had been some discussion about that earlier in this thread). I still do not think that this means that Russell cannot use the idol if he wishes.

Interestingly, Jeff has not, at the tribal councils, made the invitation for people to play the hidden immunity idol if they have it and wish to do so. I guess because 'officially' the fact that there are such idols has not been generally revealed but is known to only a couple of players.

So it got me thinking last night: if Russell felt threatened, at what point during the council would he pop up with the idol? Prior to the voting? After the voting? Watching one of the older seasons the other day Jeff would state that if a person has such an idol they would need to present it after the voting had taken place, yet before he read the votes. In later seasons they changed it to "if you have the idol now is the time to produce it" (before voting).

In last nights episode I really got to like Jaison. He kept his cool while arguing with Ben.

The previews for next week show someone from Galu mentioning to Shambo that the idol os probably hidden in the same place at their camp. (indicating to me that they will start ot look in their own camp for it)

They did mention that this is going to be a season of 'twists'. So, what I am hoping, is that the two idols look different. One specifically for each tribe. How awesome would that be? Russell gets up to use it, he presents Jeff with Galu's idol..and Jeff says "There was a hidden immunity idol in each camp. The person who found the immunity idol at the opposite camp and presents it at Tribal council cannot be voted off. Any votes cast for that person will not be counted. THIS is not the immunity idol for Foa Foa."

Interestingly, Jeff has not, at the tribal councils, made the invitation for people to play the hidden immunity idol if they have it and wish to do so. I guess because 'officially' the fact that there are such idols has not been generally revealed but is known to only a couple of players.

I thought this exact thing last night. Jeff has not mentioned the hidden immunity at all! Even when he would send someone to Exile, he would say "you will get a clue to a hidden immunity idol". He hasn't even mentioned that there is a hidden immunity idol in the game.

The reason he hasn't mentioned it at TC, is because Foa Foa has not gotten a clue yet. When or IF Galu goes to TC, he will have to mention the clues, and invite anyone up who may have found it.

I am really hoping that the two idols are truely meant for the specific tribes, and Russell is going to be mortified if he tries to use "galu's" idol.

The previews for next week show someone from Galu mentioning to Shambo that the idol os probably hidden in the same place at their camp. (indicating to me that they will start ot look in their own camp for it)

They did mention that this is going to be a season of 'twists'. So, what I am hoping, is that the two idols look different. One specifically for each tribe. How awesome would that be? Russell gets up to use it, he presents Jeff with Galu's idol..and Jeff says "There was a hidden immunity idol in each camp. The person who found the immunity idol at the opposite camp and presents it at Tribal council cannot be voted off. Any votes cast for that person will not be counted. THIS is not the immunity idol for Foa Foa."

Yes, I saw the preview where Shambo was talking to one of the guys at Galu and he said that an idol is hidden in the same place at their camp. And it IS kind of weird that Jeff hasn't said anything about hidden immunity idols - he usually tells them up front that there's an idol hidden at each camp. Maybe that's one of the twists that'll be revealed in a future clue: you can't use the idol until Jeff says something, and each tribe's idol is hidden at the other tribe's camp. Boy, will Russell be upset about that!

Last night's episode was kind of blah for me - another wrestling/physical challenge, Foa Foa lost again. Listening to Russell go on and on about how HE controls everybody. The only thing interesting about the episode was that Russell abandoned his plan to vote out Ashley and went with the majority to get rid of Ben. Strategically, it was a smart move on his part - if he wants them to keep trusting him and following him like blind sheep, he's going to have to cave in occasionally, and this was a good time to do that.

I am really hoping that the two idols are truely meant for the specific tribes, and Russell is going to be mortified if he tries to use "galu's" idol.

I don't. He was smart to look for it and he found it. I hope it's his to use.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but is one of the new "twists" to this season having one challenge each episode, immunity/reward in one? Or am I missing something.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but is one of the new "twists" to this season having one challenge each episode, immunity/reward in one? Or am I missing something.

I don't like that they are only having one combined reward/immunity challenge. :( I liked having them separate. But I guess this makes it so the people who come up with the ideas for the challenges only have to come up with half the ideas they used to.

I'm glad Ben was voted off. I didn't like him at all. I liked how Shambo hugged everyone on the other tribe when she went over, and talked with them, etc. She was smarter about it than Yasmin was. The tribe actually wanted to trade one of their own for Shambo, they really liked her, so that sets her up well for the merge, if she is still there when that happens.

Still can't stand Russell and hope he goes soon.

I don't like that they are only having one combined reward/immunity challenge. :( I liked having them separate. But I guess this makes it so the people who come up with the ideas for the challenges only have to come up with half the ideas they used to.

I'm glad Ben was voted off. I didn't like him at all. I liked how Shambo hugged everyone on the other tribe when she went over, and talked with them, etc. She was smarter about it than Yasmin was. The tribe actually wanted to trade one of their own for Shambo, they really liked her, so that sets her up well for the merge, if she is still there when that happens.

Still can't stand Russell and hope he goes soon.

Agree totally about Shambo. THAT is how you behave when you visit the other tribe. Make friends for the merge.

When Yasmin visited last week she essentially walked in and said "When we merge I want you all to vote my butt off as soon as possible!"

Agree totally about Shambo. THAT is how you behave when you visit the other tribe. Make friends for the merge.

When Yasmin visited last week she essentially walked in and said "When we merge I want you all to vote my butt off as soon as possible!"

Be friendly,yes; tell them that you like them better and the your tribe doesn't do anything, that is a bit iffy. That just gives someone ammunition to use against her when they do merge.

I'm pretty sure that this has been done in previous seasons at times too. There's not always (2) challenges in each episode.

Loved last night's episode. The great thing about Survivor that I am reminded of each year is how it gets better as each episode progresses. Who do you think will go next in Foa Foa? One of the women?

In Foa Foa, you have 3 people who know about the immunity idol and 3 who don't. It seems like the male alliance will begin to kick off all the females as the weeks progress. I hope the females wisen up to this occurs and starts to vote off some of the males. Next week will get really really interesting if Foa Foa loses the challenge again.

Also, I don't agree with Galu Russel's decision to choose comfort over function. Like one of his tribesmen said, if it rains, the comfort is gone. And it's not like they received that much comfort. It was just 4 pillows, some mats, and some towels.

Also, when does the merger occur? The only strong challenge member on Foa Foa is Jaison. If Foa Foa keeps losing they will have barely any people left when the merger occurs.

Loved last night's episode. The great thing about Survivor that I am reminded of each year is how it gets better as each episode progresses. Who do you think will go next in Foa Foa? One of the women?

In Foa Foa, you have 3 people who know about the immunity idol and 3 who don't. It seems like the male alliance will begin to kick off all the females as the weeks progress. I hope the females wisen up to this occurs and starts to vote off some of the males. Next week will get really really interesting if Foa Foa loses the challenge again.

Also, I don't agree with Galu Russel's decision to choose comfort over function. Like one of his tribesmen said, if it rains, the comfort is gone. And it's not like they received that much comfort. It was just 4 pillows, some mats, and some towels.

Also, when does the merger occur? The only strong challenge member on Foa Foa is Jaison. If Foa Foa keeps losing they will have barely any people left when the merger occurs.

I actually thought that Russell's explanation to the women afterwards ("I take care of my women" etc) was very condescending and not that well received by them (although they appreciated the comfort items).

I would have chosen the tarp, without a doubt.

I wonder who would be the first person voted off on the Galu tribe. Hopefully not Shambo but one of the other four women. I would not have chosen comfort either but it would have been tempting. The tarp is more important to help keep things dry. I'm sure that they will find that out soon.

Jaison is strong but I think that Russell is too. He has shown himself to be a contender in past challenges. I wonder why he was chosen to sit out last night. Maybe because he is short?

Did you notice that they did NOT show Yasmin returning to the Galu tribe after her visit with Foa Foa? I was really curious to see what she would tell them - would she tell them how she went there and got right in their faces? Or would she just leave that part out and only tell them about her argument with Ben? I wonder why they didn't show that to us?

Perhaps Shambo was so friendly when she visited Foa Foa because she wanted to show them that Yasmin is not representative of their whole tribe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter