Survivor: Nicaragua Wed, Sept 15**No Spoilers**

Yea, I saw the necklace and thought, Gee thanks.

This season continues to show that the contestants are a bunch of morons. Hmm, how can we keep the fire from going out. Hey, let's put these three wooden crates around the fire. And then to top it off, let's lay some wood across the top as well. Yea that should work.

Idiots.

I'm not surprised that Brenda was voted out, some nitwit posted it in the comments to Dalton Ross' blog last week.

I was stunned that those morons built a WOODEN shelter for their fire. they deserved to lose everything. I mean COME ON!! How boneheaded can you get??? Absolute idiots.

How cool was it that Jane beat all those young dudes! And yay...no more Brenda! Now if only they can get rid of Naonka next week.

I didn't. :rotfl:

And the fire, who knew wood would catch on fire. What a bunch of dumb butts!

I didn't notice either! :lmao: And I agree, seriously, did anyone not think wood trunks were not going to burn??????

Can you pm me the spoiler , too please? I missed it - I only saw Naonka walking around and everybody saying they couldn't believe what she did.

I am so happy that Brenda is finally gone!! We don't have to look at that smug expression on her face any longer!

Ponderosa will be interesting - Brenda and Marty and Alina.:rolleyes1

And why did Jeff not call them out on it? or when the others came back did they not talk about it??? Im mean it was a HUGE deal!

Yeah, I wanted to see the reward people's reaction too! Can't play the blame game though. Everyone took an end of the trunks and surrounded the fire. :confused3

And why did Jeff not call them out on it? or when the others came back did they not talk about it??? Im mean it was a HUGE deal!

Yeah, I wanted to see the reward people's reaction too! Can't play the blame game though. Everyone took an end of the trunks and surrounded the fire. :confused3

Yeah, I wondered that too. I guess when they edited the show, they wanted to show more of the plotting to get rid of Brenda rather than everyone's reaction to the fire.

Hey - somebody posted over on the spoiler thread that they thought Survivor isn't on next week. Does anyone know for sure? I know I really should stay in the kitchen getting ready for Thanksgiving, but I was kind of looking forward to a break from all the cooking.

Here's Jeff's blog for anyone who can't open it at work.

People often ask me “Hey Probst! What keeps you interested in the show after 21 seasons?”

Well, I’m guessing it’s the same thing that keeps you guys interested — human nature. At its core that’s what Survivor is really all about, isn’t it? Our nature as humans and how we behave in different situations?

Holly is a great example. Five days into the show and she wanted to quit; 22 days later not only is she still around, but she could win. What changed? Her behavior. After nearly losing her mind, she rallied. She gained a lot of respect and now is considered a threat to go to the end.

Brenda is another fascinating case study of human behavior. More on her later..

Tonight, the gold star goes to Naonka and Fabio for instigating and following through with a big move.

SASH & THE IDOL
Let’s just be clear about this idol in Sash’s pocket. (I’m referring to the immunity idol… just to be really clear.) Sash isn’t going to use that idol to save anybody but himself. No chance. Listen up future players: If you don’t have the idol in your possession when you walk in to tribal council, it is very unlikely you will have it in your hand when I ask for it. Yes it has happened on rare occasions, as when Parvati had a bag full of idols, but in most situations, the idol will be used to save the person who possesses it.

REWARD CHALLENGE
This was old school Survivor. Barrels, planks and rope. Very few rules. A group of people forced to work together and get creative. I love challenges like this. Generally speaking they don’t favor anybody, they’re easy to follow, easy to judge and they reward teamwork.

My favorite moment in the reward challenge was Benry’s “ceremonial losers backflip.” Again, another fascinating moment for my little brain to comprehend. You just lost but you still have enough energy, sense of humor, and lack of concern to do a back flip. Then again, maybe if I could do a back flip I’d have done one too!

CAMP FIRE
Yes, it really happened. While they were away at the reward challenge, back at camp their fire started to grow, and evidently it caught part of the temporary structure they had made to protect the fire from the rain.

It’s one of those great moments that make reality shows so unpredictable. It was just pure luck that the entire camp did not burn down. The juxtaposition of five people enjoying their reward by “pigging out” and volcano surfing while the other five were dealing with a disastrous situation back at camp was wonderful. Does that mean I’m some form of sadist? Or just a competent television producer? Maybe they’re just one in the same?

JANE DOES IT AGAIN
Love it. The immunity challenge was another very simple but very effective challenge. “Hang on for as long as you can.” At first glance you would guess that someone like Benry or Chase would be in it at the end. And they were. But so was Jane. The oldest woman in the game and the frailest of all the Survivors left. Okay, I’m excluding Dan.

The reason Jane did so well? It was will power. Pure will power. Once again, Jane surprised everybody and outlasted people a third of her age and two guys who were clearly much stronger.

For a moment Jane wanted to quit. The reason I encouraged Jane to stay in the challenge was because I hate to see anybody “give up.” I love when people surprise themselves by doing better than they thought they could. She’s been through hard times in life. She knows what she is capable of and she believes it. She just needed a little reminder. But at the end of the day…encouragement only goes so far. I can encourage people but I can’t do the challenge for them.

NOW ABOUT BRENDA
As I was saying earlier. Another fascinating case study of human nature. She’s very bright, strikingly beautiful, and owns her own business. She has a lot going for her in life. On Survivor she has been doing a fantastic job at managing relationships and forging alliances. She was really in a very strong position in this game.

But when things turned against her and she was forced to “scramble,” she wouldn’t do it. I was truly surprised that she never did. I believe the quote was “The last thing I want to do is start scrambling. It just shows that you are desperate.”

Uh… yeah. You’re desperate. Nothing wrong with feeling desperate in a million dollar game. You should feel desperate when you believe you are about to be voted out. That’s a very rational thought. Nobody is going to look at you sideways for feeling desperate when more than half the tribe is threatening to vote for you. Desperation is often a temporary condition on Survivor. It isn’t always fatal. Lots of people have been in trouble, aka “desperate” on Survivor, made desperate moves in response, and as a result survived the vote and ended up making it to the end. Some of them even won! That’s the game. You assess and reassess every moment of every day.

It’s a beautiful and vicious cycle. Even when you feel “comfortable” you know you’re not necessarily “safe,” and when you’re truly not safe, which makes you feel “desperate” and so you make a move to try and feel comfortable again. It’s why most Survivors need therapy when the game is over!

I wonder if Brenda even cares that she was voted out. I wondered it that night. I still wonder now. Could it be that Brenda is so used to things going her way that she doesn’t know how to scramble? Maybe that’s the answer to the riddle. Maybe that is one skill that Brenda has never tested. It’s a bummer she’s gone but proves once again that in order to win this game, you have to want to win and you have to be willing to make a move… even if it means acknowledging you’re desperate.

MOVING FORWARD…THIS GAME IS ON
Like her or not, Naonka is playing the game. She’s a fair weather participant for sure, but when she wants to play she is a pot stirrer. Marty would be proud. Naonka could win if she ends up in the final with Purple Kelly. Even then she would need to pray.

Fabio is also starting to turn it on. Last week he was laying back, playing “cool.” This week he was part of a very big move taking out a major power player. I think Fabio is really starting to figure out this game.

Lurking in the shade is Jane. If things keep going the way they are, people may forget Jane is even in the game. If Jane gets to the end she would very likely be a millionaire.

The Redeemer is Holly. I’m usually a pretty good gauge of what the audience is feeling and I think a lot of you are starting to like Holly and have forgotten about those first five days.

The “no chance” is Dan. I just can’t see a scenario in which Dan could win this game.

The other “no chance” is Purple Kelly. Sweet young woman. I like her. But she hasn’t earned it and unless she really turns it on, her best finish is to make herself a great person to take to the end because she can’t win.

Sash is “in trouble.” He’s going to have to work hard to stay alive now that his partner is gone. If he can do it, he could make a strong case that he deserves to win. Otherwise he could be gone soon.

Benry is a “long shot.” He could make it to the end based on physical abilities but at this point he doesn’t have a strong enough case to win it.

The wildcard is Chase. Chase is likable enough to win this game and wishy-washy enough to screw it all up for himself and somebody else. Being in an alliance with Chase is risky.

Did I forget anybody?

See ya next week.

Hey - somebody posted over on the spoiler thread that they thought Survivor isn't on next week. Does anyone know for sure? I know I really should stay in the kitchen getting ready for Thanksgiving, but I was kind of looking forward to a break from all the cooking.
It's a recap show next week. That's why we got to see one of the players with the immunity necklace. it is showing recaps. Also we will get to see more reaction to when Nay stole the food, which was also shown on the previews of this recap.

I disagree with some of Jeff's analysis on the players who can/can't win the game.

Chase has 0 chance of winning. That guy is a moron and runs around telling everyone what someone else's plans are. He was figured out this week by even his closest friend Jane. Chase better luck next time.

I think Dan has a great chance to win. I wonder if people even realize if he is there. He is in 0 danger of being voted out right and people love Dan. If he gets to the finals he could very easily argue that he never quit eventhough it would have been easy for him to do so. Add to that the fact that he is well liked, dangerous!

To those that asked me to PM them...sorry I haven't been back online till now but I see that someone posted what I saw here already. It was someone wearing the immunity necklace. I feel a little better now though knowing that it is a recap episode...I wondered why CBS wouldn't edit that a little better.

I thought last night's TC was sort of a let down. No surprises with who got voted off. I like it when they edit the show to tease you a little,but ast night, you knew from the start that Brenda's time had come.

I wonder how far the producers would have let that fire burn. If it started spreading past the immediate camp, you would think that they would have had to step in and stop it before it really got out of control. How do they decide what is part of the game and what isn't, if you know what I mean?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter