• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor 32- Beauty vs Brains vs Brawn

I was hoping that it wasn't Caleb who was sent home I really liked him on the show. The brawn tribe guys are just awful can't believe what bullies they are. I wonder if they will act like that if they get separated to other tribes. I wonder what tattoo guy has on his shoulders? He is the one who had the bad sunburn I bet it blistered. I don't have a favorite yet as most of them haven't had much air time but there are a few that grate on my last nerve. I don't think when they set up the rewards challenge they thought it would take that long. I thought I read that this is the hottest and most humid area that Surivor has ever been in.

The show is kind of off this year. After the crisis, Jeff gives the contestants a lecture on how to stay hydrated, yet during a challenge they are not allowed to drink water?

And, you know you are going to be on Survivor, why would you not bring a pair of shorts or a swimsuit. It is only day 9 and it is getting disgusting looking at the men in their underwear.

Let me preface this by saying I only saw the last part of the show last night, basically from the evacuation to the tribal council.

Maybe this is my old military survival school training talking, but I think ANYONE who received medical intervention at all after that challenge OR even took a bottle of water should have been eliminated. I know these conditions are tough, but it is called Survivor for Pete's sake. They all have access to well water, and they should have figured out fire by now. If they are not smart enough to hydrate and to adjust their activity accordingly, they are failing the physical part of this game. I know it's a TV show and there were probably liability considerations, but a physical failure should hurt you as much as a social failure.

Regarding Alecia, I liked her. She just ended up on the wrong side of a strong alliance. I think she did the best she could, hoping Cydney would maybe align with her, but it was too little too late. I didn't understand the hate for her, but again I missed most of the show, plus you never know what they edit.

The show is kind of off this year. After the crisis, Jeff gives the contestants a lecture on how to stay hydrated, yet during a challenge they are not allowed to drink water?

And, you know you are going to be on Survivor, why would you not bring a pair of shorts or a swimsuit. It is only day 9 and it is getting disgusting looking at the men in their underwear.

I SO agree! I can't stand seeing the little gardener guy in his underwear week after week!

I have to disagree on Alecia. I don't think she's a terrible person or anything, and maybe she couldn't change her fate, but she was clearly irritating her tribemates. When you're arguing and not getting through to people, sometimes, the best thing to do is shut up. Especially when they hold your fate in their hands. Personally, I think they made a mistake not voting her out at the first tribal. We also don't know what happened around camp--the two brawn guys really seemed to have had it up to here with Alecia, and she struck me as the type to just pick, pick, pick.

I still don't remember most of their names. I miss the "old days" when during the theme song at the beginning of each show they showed each person and their name. They don't do that anymore so it's hard for me to remember who is who.

We used to love the old intro. We'd sit there as a family and yell "Gone!" every time they'd show an eliminated player. My wife quit waching a year or two after they stopped doing that :(

I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't get the overheated contestants into the water, which was seemingly not that far away. Immerse their overheated bodies in the water....that would surely have brought down their core temperatures a few degrees. I think. Unless there's something I don't know. And obviously not if they're unconscious, like Caleb, but the others....?

I was so disappointed to see Caleb out of the game. I understand his health was the most important thing, of course, but still... :( Why couldn't it have been that annoying woman, the first one who had heat stroke. I cannot stand her, and hate hearing her talk. Every time she says a word that has an "s" in it, she whistles it...kind of like gopher in the Winnie-the-Pooh movies. I'm sure she can't help it, I get that...but it's still grating on my nerves to listen to her talk. And she talks a lot!!! I wish she'd be gone next. But back to Caleb, I was glad they updated and let us know he was okay and nice to see him speak at the end, I do hope he can come back next time.

The gardener sure sure has the hots for Caleb. Too bad Caleb couldn't have given him a tumble before he had to be evacuated.

Is this Survivor or the Hunger Games?

In the discussion on Entertainment Weekly Radio this am the hosts were going on and on about how the challenges are all pretested by crew members for safety, etc, etc. To me, however, when that digging up of the bags went over X amount of minutes, a break should have been called and water/shade given out. It seemed obvious as the digging went on and on that they were literally staggering.

In the past, didn't certain contestants "hold back" and not give their all, just to protect their chances of surviving to fight another day? Kaleb could have given 1/2 effort, and still survived, whether or not they won coffee and spices.

The people who I know who have gotten heat stroke have had long term ramifications whenever it got hot again, so I hope these three don't face that....

Terri

I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't get the overheated contestants into the water, which was seemingly not that far away. Immerse their overheated bodies in the water....that would surely have brought down their core temperatures a few degrees. I think. Unless there's something I don't know. And obviously not if they're unconscious, like Caleb, but the others....?

That is what I was thinking, too...use the ocean!!!!

I am, obviously, in the minority. I love the bounty hunter and it's between him and Cydney as who I want to see win...

Where was the ER doc of the Brains tribe when all the medical stuff was going down? Was he helping? and I too, kept thinking, there is the ocean, go in it. I think they should provide water during challenges too especially when it is 118!!!

As for Alecia, my take is that her constant chatter when you're hot and frustrated is just annoying. Scot was trying to tell her, after the challenge, we just wanted you to shut up but she wouldn't let it go. I found her annoying and am glad to see her go.

I thought Alecia's social game was awful, and that got her kicked off. However, those two guys on her tribe, the bearded one and Scot Pollard are just complete jackholes. The way they ganged up on Alecia was just so unnecessary. Just vote her out - end of story. No need to get involved in jr. high school behavior. I wish Pollard would shut up about being an NBA champion. He saw 0 minutes of play during the Celtics championship season. Before that he was warming the bench and only saw a handful of minutes of court time just so the real players could get a rest. I predict those two insufferable d-bags will be gone pretty quickly after the merge.

PS: during one game when he was with Cleveland Scot looked into the camera and said, "Hey kids, do drugs."

I can't stand Scott and Jason what a bunch of bullies constantly ganging up on Alesha. Glad next week the merger or Cyndi would be going.

Shame about Caleb, hopefully he'll be back another season.

I'm not saying Alecia's perpetual perkiness and somewhat bubbleheaded persona wouldn't have gotten on my nerves and I'm not even saying she isn't the weakest link. I'm saying no matter what she did, the guys had determined to hate her from Day One. And to despise and condescend out of all proportion to what she deserved. Cydney is not as bad. She just a weasel who is playing the odds.

But there is something nasty and creepy about those two guys. They bring out the worst in each other. My creep-o-meter goes off whenever they come onscreen. They are the sort I would not want to get too drunk around at a frat party, no matter how fondly bounty hunter speaks of his daughter. They are simply vile and on some level, I don't think they have too high an opinion of women. All that high talk of "being there for your team" was a load of crap. Had it been Alecia who was feeling the effects of the heat, they would have walked away, laughed, rolled their eyes and let medical deal with her.

Last edited:
Last nights episode upset me a lot. I was in tears.

I was really wondering why the ER Doctor didn't jump in to help last night. I'll have to go back and rewatch. Maybe I missed him.

I found last night's episode tough to watch. If it was that hot, they should have given breaks to let them hydrate.

The ocean wouldn't have helped - that's not cold ocean water, it's warm ocean water. The ocean water was probably around 80 degrees (and warmer along the shore where it's shallow), from what I've read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter